From the USA to Australia, talk about what the rest of the world has to offer here.

TT Member
User

abigsmurf

Re: Walt Disney World - Disney's Hollywood Studios

by abigsmurf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:19 am

Nice gesture but it's one that risks being misinterpreted.

Rather than the "just in case you're worried..." message they intend, a lot of people will take it as "you're in so much danger we have to give you this!". Fuels hysteria.

Still, all the Zika stuff means there's a good chance of cut prices holidays and as I'm not planning on having kids in the foreseeable future it's not really something that worries me.
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Star Wars Land has had more details revealed, with many bring about the second attraction guests will be able to experience - Stormtrooper Escape.

This will be a first for Disney as it will be a multi layered experience. Guests will experience part of the ride but then get off and explore a physical scene. Riders then board the ride vehicle once more and finish on a 'huge finale'. There was also mention of VR technology being used in one attraction at the Land in a Merlin presentation - however this cannot be confirmed for obvious reasons.

I think many of you will now understand why it's only a first for Disney as a company have done this already - a little closer to home too!
TT Member
User

ThemeParkCrafter

by ThemeParkCrafter » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:41 am

Disney has stated that star wars land on both coasts will open sometime in 2019

TT Member
User

abigsmurf

by abigsmurf » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:02 am

With the Great Movie Ride is due to close next year, there's going to be a significant period where the park is going to feel a bit lacking in things to do.

Wonder if they'll add more Star Wars shows to make up for it. Would be a great chance for them to properly revamp Fantasmic, outside of adding a few more modern villains to the water projection scenes, it hadn't changed since I last went over 15 years go. Too much reliance on water projection and not enough live action scenes (choice of Pocahontas as the only movie to feature seems increasingly weird as time goes on)
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:23 am

I've got to admit I am a bit concerned about this for two reasons. Firstly, surely it's a bit early to say a solid opening year when vertical construction is yet to start, especially one that's just over (I'd expect a winter opening) 2 years away. As well as the fact that this land looks as though it has more to build than Avatar (albeit far less complex) and they seem to think it'll take almost the same time :-k

Either Star Wars land isn't as indepth as it seems or Disney have finally gotten into gear as I don't know if another delay will be appreciated. That being said I'd personally hold off planning any trips specifically for this based on insiders still claiming this is more likely for mid-2020 and just in case we do end up seeing it taking a bit longer much like New Fantastyland. :)
Previous