From the USA to Australia, talk about what the rest of the world has to offer here.
Community Advocate
User

Owen

Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) General Discussion

by Owen » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:35 pm

Rocky Mountain Construction have officially announced two new styles of roller coaster both supposedly coming to parks in 2017.

First, a compact wooden coaster using the topper track has been developed -

As well as RMC's take on a steel coaster, the single rail Raptor Track and single seater Raptor Train -

Both designs have been created to be cheaper and size efficient so that small parks can add these to their ride line up.

Video -

More info here.

What do you think of these new designs, and which parks do you think will invest in them for 2017?
TT Member
User

Mermalizer

Re: RMC Confirm 2 New Coaster Styles for 2017

by Mermalizer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:45 pm

They both look really exciting, but I feel like the lower throughput for the Raptor coaster will be its downfall, especially if a park markets the ride as a big attraction.
Prepare to be mermalized!

TT Member
User

stealthsmiler

by stealthsmiler » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:52 am

I really like the Raptor track and it is definitely something that could work well as a main attraction for a smaller park who get fewer visitors, balancing out the low through put.

This could work well at Blackpool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Woah. Did I hear that correctly on the video? 400 riders per hour theoretical capacity on 2-train operation?

It looks great and would be a fantastic ride, but that throughput is unacceptable and inpractical for bigger parks. Smaller park may benefit from adding the Raptor coaster, but I wouldn't expect to see one at bigger parks like Merlin parks or, to an extent, Blackpool.
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793

TT Member
User

Aidan Lowe

Re: Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) General Discussion

by Aidan Lowe » Wed May 03, 2017 3:10 am

Rocky Mountain Construction has some Raptor single rail up.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
TT Member
User

GThing64

by GThing64 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Don't forget that RMC have already announced the T-Rex track, which is a single-rail coaster with space for two seats per row rather than one, so that will likely be the option taken by larger parks who want a higher-capacity ride.

TT Member
User

dazza4783

by dazza4783 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:07 pm

GThing64 wrote:Don't forget that RMC have already announced the T-Rex track, which is a single-rail coaster with space for two seats per row rather than one, so that will likely be the option taken by larger parks who want a higher-capacity ride.

T-Rex will have 3 seats per row.