UK theme parks from another point of view!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dubai Parks & Resorts

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Ibizarocks16 wrote:
Evening guys, I am off to Dubai in January and not knowing much about the parks I am after some opinions on what park/parks to visit, Its just me and my partner both mid 20s who tend to enjoy the thrill and dark rides. 

Ohhh just the question for me! I'll go through the main parks in Dubai and Abu Dhabi

MotionGate Dubai
This park is the so called 'Flagship' park in Dubai Parks and Resorts, its home to 5 rollercoasters. 'Madagascar: Mad Pursuit!' is a Infinity coaster (like Smiler) and is the parks fastest ride, its indoor and a lot of fun. 'Green Hornet: High Speed Pursuit' is a family wild mouse style coaster.  'Smurfs Village Express' is a cute and quite fast family coaster. 'Dragon Gliders' is a family suspended coaster with (from what i'm told) fantastic special effects and lots of cool moments. 'Capitol Bullet Train' is the latest coaster about to open, its a multi launched half pipe coaster with a few inversions. 
In terms of thrill and dark rides, you have 'Zombieland: Blast-Off' a shot and drop tower, 'Unstoppable Awesomeness' a 3D simulator, 'Panem Arial Tour' a 4D flight simulator, 'River Expedition' a river rapids, 'Hotel Transylvania' a trackless dark ride, 'Shrek's Merry Fairy Tail' and 'Smurf's Studio Tour are dark rides and 'Ghostbusters' an interactive dark ride.
I'd say that this is a must visit park.

Legoland Dubai
A park in Dubai Parks and Resorts, this park hasn't much to offer, sure the lego models are cool, but it only has one good ride and thats 'The Dragon'.

Bollywood Park Dubai
This small little park has great theming and a lot of charm, no rollercoasters however, but it does have cool dance shows and a great flying theatre ride 'Krrish: Hero's Flight', this park does have tickets which are a bargin so its worth it.

IMG Worlds of Adventure
The worlds largest indoor theme park is IMG, the park is located just outside central Dubai, it has a 3 coasters, a Blue Fire clone, a Euro-fighter and a spiderman spinning coaster all of which are awesome, thrill rides include a thor top spin and an air race. Dark rides include 'Avengers: Battle of Ultron' which is one of the best dark rides i've ever done, 'Forbidden Territory' a ride quite like dinosaur and an interactive ride called 'The Amazing Ride of Gumball'.  Highly recommend this park.

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
This park is part of Yas Island, which is an hour away from Dubai but is well worth the drive, its a must do for car fans and thrill seekers. Its signature ride is 'Formula Rossa' the worlds fastest rollercoaster and has an incredible 149mph launch. 'Flying Aces' is the other big ride at the park, its a winged hyper like Skyrush (but it inverts) and as of currently, is my all time favourite coaster, its incredible. You also have 'Turbo Track' a fun shuttle coaster and 'Fioranno GT Challenge' a duelling family launch coaster'. As of dark rides there are a few, my fav is 'Speed of Magic' a 3D dark ride.

Yas Waterworld
Just thought I should add this as this waterpark is home to 'Bandit Bomber' a cool family suspended coaster and a great selection of waterslides.

Hope this helps :)
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:38 pm

The Hunger Games area of Motiongate and the 2 new rides are now in its soft opening/testing phase, its having its grand opening on the 20th October! This now means that 100% of Dubai Parks and Resorts are now open!

Looks like I'll be needing to head back to the park then!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Bloody finally! Yay!

Ibizarocks16
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Thank you very much! Sounds like MotionGate is the one too do when we visit.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Yesterday night, 'The World of The Hunger Games' finally officially opened at Motiongate Dubai!

So after nearly a year of delays, Dubai Parks and Resorts is officially, 100% complete and open!!
Hopefully visiting sometime this week!