UK theme parks from another point of view!

Gloomy Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dubai World Marvel Super Heroes (Concepts released)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Haha. Never mind un-married couples Crofty. Any couples. I believe 'public displays of indecency' (ie, affection) are illegal in this opulent, backwards little squit of a nation. And if you're gay... just forget about it.
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dubai World Marvel Super Heroes (Concepts released)

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:56 pm

concept and reality never meet which is a shame. enuf said.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dubailand

Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Hello there! Qatar resident here (country next door to Dubai) and Future resident of Dubai (starting in June), and i thought id give a Dubailand Update

Dubailand was a multi-billion dollar project that was ment to include many themeparks including:
- Six Flags Dubailand
- LegoLand Dubailand
- Universal Studios Dubailand
- Dreamworks Studios
- IMG Worlds of Adventure
- Great Dubai Wheel
- F1-X Themepark
- Marvel Superheros Themepark

Many of these parks were meant to open before 2014, but due to the financial crisis most were cancelled, except.....

LegoLand Dubai Resort

They renamed the park and located it to Jebel Ali. The park will feature both a themepark and a waterpark, including the rollercoasters "The Dragon" and "The Dragons Apprentice"
Here is "The Dragon"

Parkmap

The park is due to open this October.

SixFlags Dubai
This park was recently green lit to hopefully be completed by 2019 and will be located in jebel ally
Old Park map concept

Universal Studios Dubai
This park has moved to jebel ally and was recently green lit hopes to start construction soon.
Old Park map Concept

Here is the old location of the park and its unfinished state

IMG Worlds of Adventure
This Indoor themepark will open hopefully at the end of this month and includes the Marvel Superhero Park inside it, and a Mack Mega Coaster "Velociraptor"

The Great Dubai Wheel
In 2006, planning permission was granted for the Great Dubai Wheel, a 185-metre tall (607 ft) giant Ferris wheel with 30 passenger capsules, to be built and managed by the Great Wheel Corporation. It was expected to open in 2009, at a cost of over AED 250 million. In January 2012 it was announced that the Great Dubai Wheel would not be built.
Concept art

F1-X Themepark
This themepark was cancelled due to its similarities with Ferrariworld in Abu Dhabi
Concept art

MotionGate Studios
This park will incorporate the Dreamworks park and hopes to open later this year. Rides includeMadagascar Mad Pursuit will be a “windy course filled with sharp turns” and The Green Hornet: High Speed Chase will have “dizzying drops”. Meanwhile How To Train Your Dragon: Dragon Gliders will be top of the to-do list for white-knuckle enthusiasts. It’s described as “an exhilarating suspended roller coaster soaring high above”. These rides join Capitol Bullet Train, based on The Hunger Games, which was announced in 2015. Beyond that, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs will be built into water rapids, while one of three Shrek activations will be a log flume, Swamp Celebration.
Park map
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

DeanC
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Woah!!!! Looks amazing!!! Hopefully I will be able to make a trip there in the distant future... :yikes: :yes: :lol :D
DeanC

Favourite Rides: Maverick (Cedar Point), Nemesis, and Submission (RIP :()

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Here's some more interesting information I found on Motiongate! This new huge theme park and Universal rival is set to open this year with 27 major attractions themed to your favourite movies. The patk will be split into 5 distinct sections -

Studio Central

Lionsgate

Including one area based on The Hunger Games.

Dreamwork's

An indoor theme park with 4 areas themed to Shrek, Madagascar, How To Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda.

Sony Pictures Studios

Including attractions themed to The Green Hornet, Ghostbusters, Hotel Transylvania, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs and Zombieland.

The Smurfs Village

A family area where you can walk around Smurf Village!

The park is set to open with 5 roller coasters, one in The Hunger Games, two in Dreamworks (How To Train Your Dragon and Madagascar, one in Sony Pictures Studios (The Green Hornet) and The Village Express Coaster (Smurf Village). The Hunger Games area has been rumoured to feature a world's first attraction. Below are some concept images for the park, enjoy!

Park overview -

Lionsgate

The Hunger Games -

Featuring two attractions, including one large coaster and rumoured world's first attraction.

Sony Pictures Studios

Ghostbusters -

A world's first family attraction.

Hotel Transylvania -

Zombieland -

Including a 4D cinema (Underworld 4D) and a huge 190ft tall drop tower!

The Green Hornet Coaster -

The Smurfs Village -

Featuring The Village Express roller coaster and various shopping facilities.

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs will feature two attractions.

Dreamworks

A fully indoor theme park experience.

Madagascar -

Featuring one of the fastest roller coasters in the park "Madagascar Mad Pursuit".

Kung Fu Panda -

Includes "Kung Fu Academy" and a fun unique dining experience "Mr. Ping's Noodle Shop" and a 3D motion simulator "Kung Fu Panda - Unstoppable Awesomeness".

How To Train Your Dragon -

Includes a play area "Camp Viking" and a a roller coaster "Dragon Gliders".

Shrek -

Home to two attractions, and a restaurant style eating establishment.

The Motiongate Theatre is a 1000 seat multipurpose theatre, that will feature shows such as Step Up: All In!

I am really not looking forward to this, mainly because now I need to visit Dubai! This looks amazing, and it will definitely be a contender to Universal parks!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:56 pm

I'll be moving to Dubai in June! So i'll definitely be there on its opening day!

Cobby
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:09 pm

I saw this on Facebook the other day so I thought I'd share it but Motiongate has released a 360 virtual coaster ride through the park. I have to say that I very much like the look/direction this park is taking and I'm especially excited about the Hunger Games area. Anyway here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiY5Qp6kRXg

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:58 pm

Motiongate Dubai News

More news about the Ghostbusters inspired section of Motiongate has been released including information about the world-first dark ride and surrounding attractions.

Ghostbusters: Battle for New York

The world-first interactive dark is set in a replica of the iconic Ghostbusters firehouse building, and is based on the original 1984 movie as opposed to the 2016 reboot that other Ghostbusters attractions are based on.

Concept of attraction facade.

The attraction, which uses a trackless ride system, has guests sit in their own Ecto-Pod armed with their own proton blaster to eliminate paranormal beings such as Slimer, Gozer and of course the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Your tech-filled Ecto-Pod.

Using top of the range projection mapping technology, guests will see the ghoulish beings come to 'life' before their very eyes in various different locations including Dana's Apartment, The Temple of Gozer and of course New York city. After the ride is over and done guests can compare their scores with their friends to determine who is the best ghostbuster there is!

Construction as of July 2016.

Slimer's Diner

After you've defeated Stay Puft you can head to Slimer's Diner, an 80's themed dining experience for the whole family. A fully themed menu, including the Slimer Slush, is available with seating for up to 80 guests to make a memorable dining experience.

Other Entertainment

On top of the above, guests can experience a live musical show, experience live music and have a photo with the ghostbusting group in exclusive meet & greet opportunities.

Personally I think this sounds fantastic, although I'm not so sure about the ride vehicles...

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:07 am

So yesterday I drove past the Dubai Parks and Resorts on my way to Abu Dhabi to see some friends, so I took a few pics.

So here we have the Miniland Dome for Legoland Dubai and some slides that will go in the Legoland waterpark.

This is the Rajmahal Theatre in Bollywood Parks Dubai, which will showcase a Bollywood musical.

If you look closely here you can The Green Hornet Coaster and what I think is the Hotel Transylvania attraction. This is park of MotionGate Studios

This Building will be home to the Dreamworks part of MotionGate Studios.

Overall the park did look like its coming on nicely, but I couldn't see the Hunger Games coaster anywhere, seeing as how they probably haven't built it yet and they are expecting to open in October, I wouldn't be surprised if it get delayed for a few months.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:44 am

Dubai Parks and Resorts have announced that they will be opening on October 31st.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:21 am

IMG Worlds of Adventure is set to open at the end of this month (so in a few days :yikes: )
Previews have been taking place over the past few days, so here is a sneak preview of what to expect.

Outside of the park

Park Entrance

The Mack spinning coaster "Spiderman: Doc Ocks Revenge"

The Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter "Predator"

The Huss Top-Spin "Thor Thunder Spin"

A Spooky attraction called "The Haunted Hotel"

An Air Race "Powerpuff Girls: Mojos Robot Rampage!"

And a Mack Mega Coaster (a clone of Blue Fire) "Velociraptor"

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:46 pm

Is Predator a Rage clone?
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:09 pm

Max wrote:

Yes and no. It's an off the shelf model from Gerstlauer called the Eurofighter 320+ I believe, so not technically a clone.

I think this park looks pretty cool! Predator especially looks like one of the best themed small Eurofighters. However, I can never help but feel Blue Fire clones will never match the calibre of the original as they lack as extensive theming in all the current cases - but this one is still better themed than the Russian one :lol
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Max wrote:

As NemesisRider said Predator is a Rage clone, however its a Mirrored version of it. Think of it as G5 as it is to Oblivion, the same but mirrored.

And on another note Velociraptor does have some theming both indoor and outside the ride

Here is concept art of what is thought to happen before the rides launch.

Here is what you go through after the launch.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dubail

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:11 pm

I'll be interested to see Velociraptor's dark ride section. Might be pretty good, but real theming like on the original is better than screens ;) Something else I've noticed. The "near miss" on the launch doesn't look very near, does it? Here's a picture from the original Blue Fire:

When I rode Blue Fire I thought it was a pretty close near miss! However, the hole is much smaller in width and height on Blue Fire, so I think you might barely notice the near miss on Velociraptor... Then again, I'm pretty biased towards Blue Fire over any clone :P
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:47 pm

So IMG Worlds of Adventure opened a few day ago and it has been receiving very positive reactions from guests!

Park Overview (In Arabic but with subtitles) and POV of "Spider-Man: Doc Ocks Revenge" (at 11:16)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNnW_LNDv9A

POV of "Velociraptor"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEabqlbkRNA

POV of "Predator"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-63CvHNTlg&feature=youtu.be

Technically this is the first (and only) Dubailand park to actually be built and opened! So good things come to those who wait, (even if that means 10 years) so I can't wait to get over to the park (when I find the time) and try everything out!

owenrita121
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:37 am

theparklifekid wrote:
So IMG Worlds of Adventure opened a few day ago and it has been receiving very positive reactions from guests!

Park Overview (In Arabic but with subtitles) and POV of "Spider-Man: Doc Ocks Revenge" (at 11:16)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNnW_LNDv9A

POV of "Velociraptor"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEabqlbkRNA

POV of "Predator"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-63CvHNTlg&feature=youtu.be

Technically this is the first (and only) Dubailand park to actually be built and opened! So good things come to those who wait, (even if that means 10 years) so I can't wait to get over to the park (when I find the time) and try everything out!

Technically this park isn't actually anything to do with DubaiLand. That project stopped along time ago! Dubai Parks and Resorts is the 'new' Dubailand, however it's a completely different company that has set up Dubai Parks and Resorts and it's going along brilliantly, as you've probably seen, with Bollywood park, Motiongate Park, Legoland, Legoland water park, various hotels and the just starting construction, Six Flags.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:45 am

Whilst not officially part of the Dubailand project, I don't really think it matters all that much seeing as it's a new park in Dubai and it means less topics for the moderators to cover! :P

Although I do wonder why Six Flags isn't involved in this topic and is separate for that same reason...

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:30 pm

Owen wrote:

Although I do wonder why Six Flags isn't involved in this topic and is separate for that same reason...

If SeaWorld announce that their new middle east parks are in Dubai I want a seperate topic :lol

Or else :twisted:
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:01 pm

Owen wrote:
Whilst not officially part of the Dubailand project, I don't really think it matters all that much seeing as it's a new park in Dubai

Although its now not associated with Dubailand, it was originally part of the "City of Arabia" section and it has been built on land once occupied by Dubailand. So in a sort of way this is part of the Dubailand project, but isn't an the same time.

owenrita121 wrote:
That project stopped along time ago! Dubai Parks and Resorts is the 'new' Dubailand, however it's a completely different company that has set up Dubai Parks and Resorts and it's going along brilliantly, as you've probably seen, with Bollywood park, Motiongate Park, Legoland, Legoland water park, various hotels and the just starting construction, Six Flags.

Surprisingly enough, Dubailand is still a thing happening! They had to sell various land to make sure they would survive. In 2013 Dubailand opened the Miracle Garden (which is quite cool) and currently Dubailand are focusing on the things that are less expensive to build such as housing estates and golf courses. The themeparks are very expensive to build compared to these and have just been put on hold (Universal Studios) and I imagine once they start making a steady return and see if IMG makes good visitors they will return to the themepark projects.