From the USA to Australia, talk about what the rest of the world has to offer here.

Dubai Parks & Resorts

TT Member
User

theparklifekid

Re: Dubailand and Dubai Parks and Resorts

by theparklifekid » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:32 am

Taken from Dubai Parks and Resorts website

"While a significant portion of the MOTIONGATE™ Dubai will premiere on 31st October, enhancements of some of the attractions will be ongoing for a couple of months to create the very best experience for guests. During this period a “Discovery” price of AED 240 for adults and AED 210 for children and seniors will be offered."

The regular price of Motiongate per day will be AED330, Bollywood will be AED285 and Legoland 295 (without water park, which will be 240). Multi-Day tickets will be available, too. However, on these, there doesn't seem to be a Discovery price so it might be cheaper to buy single tickets at first.

Here is an Interview with Dan Cuffe who is Director of Operations for Motiongate Dubai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-zTXfScjgY

Interestingly enough, he mentioned that all coasters in the park are original layouts, no cloned rides here folks! He also gave hints to what ride experiances will be like, for example "Capital Bullet Train" will be a Mack Mega Coaster that will take riders forwards and backwards and "Madagascar Mad Pursuit" will be the parks fastest coaster and will be a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Motiongate, Bollywood and the waterpark have been delayed.

"Dubai Parks and Resorts, the region’s largest integrated theme park destination, announced today that it will now open on 31st October with LEGOLAND® Dubai and Riverland™ Dubai, the retail dining and entertainment district.

Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, LEGOLAND® Water Park and the Lapita™ Hotel will open to the public on 15th November while MOTIONGATE™ Dubai will premiere on 16th December."

Sad news yes, but honestly I was expecting it. When I drove past the site a week or two ago, the site didn't look ready at all, I couldn't even see the Mack Megacoaster being constructed. Oh well, I hopefully will get to visit the opening of Legoland Dubai, but I can't be certain for the others. :(
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:54 am

MotionGate Dubai Construction Update!

Even though MotionGate has been delayed to December 2016 the park is actually looking pretty good! The following images are from a press release:

The Entrance

"Studio Center"

"Step-Up Dubai: All In!" Theatre

"The Smurfs Village Express" a Gerstlauer Junior Coaster.

"Madagascar: Mad Pursuit!" a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster which will be the parks fastest ride.

"Green Hornet: High Speed Chase" a Gerstlauer Bobsled Coaster.

"Zombie-Land: Blast Off" which is an S&S Shot Tower and will recreate the scene from the movie :love:

"Ghostbusters: Battle for New York" (outside not finished)

The "Smurf Village" area of the park

And finally a restaurant in the Dreamworks section called "The Candy Apple"

Looking good if I say so myself! :D
TT Member
User

Liam.W

Re: Dubailand

by Liam.W » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:06 pm

So many Gerstlauers :love:
Ride count 2017: 15!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 526!
Cred count: 62!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Wow this is looking incredible. So well themed and looks like it will be awesome.
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:09 pm

Legoland Dubai is set to open very soon and here is a quick video of whats in store at the park!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BABO0FVCWIg

In my opinion it looks pretty cool!
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm sorry but everything seems too similar to LEGOLAND Windsor. They even have the same models in the Egyptian area! I understand that LEGOLAND parks are going to have similar styles in every park, but some of the things here just seem a little unoriginal.

TT Member
User

owenrita121

by owenrita121 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:43 pm

Liam.W wrote:I'm sorry but everything seems too similar to LEGOLAND Windsor. They even have the same models in the Egyptian area! I understand that LEGOLAND parks are going to have similar styles in every park, but some of the things here just seem a little unoriginal.

But that doesn't matter though. It's highly unlikely that many people visiting this park will have been to Legoland Windsor. It makes sense from a business point of view.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:45 pm

owenrita121 wrote:
Liam.W wrote:I'm sorry but everything seems too similar to LEGOLAND Windsor. They even have the same models in the Egyptian area! I understand that LEGOLAND parks are going to have similar styles in every park, but some of the things here just seem a little unoriginal.

But that doesn't matter though. It's highly unlikely that many people visiting this park will have been to Legoland Windsor. It makes sense from a business point of view.

I know, but It would have been nice to have some unique things in there.

Site Owner
User

Baffles

Re: Dubai Parks & Resorts

by Baffles » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:30 pm

Nice video.

Although a lot of the models, attractions and scenery are the same as other Legoland parks, this format has worked all over the world, so will no doubt be a huge success here.

Interesting to see the first model world which is indoors - I was wondering how the parks in Dubai will shield you from the heat which is just relentless. The Lego would quickly fade in colour otherwise.

The whole resort, and specficially Motiongate looks fantastic. Some exciting rides have been installed - but hopefully the planned Six Flags park will resolve the issue of no Intamin or B&M's :lol

I'm visiting in January so shall get some more pics.
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Wait ... The Dragon reaches heights of 50 metres (164ft)?! Yet speeds of only 60 kph (37 mph). Not too sure on that ...

Nice video on the whole. It does seem to be a lot like other Lego parks, but these parks don't need to be unique IMO.
Ride Count 2017: 0 ;( (MAP arrives soon!)
Ride Count 2014-17: 710
Unique Coaster Count: 54

Formerly Dan.B
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:49 am

Burniel wrote:Wait ... The Dragon reaches heights of 50 metres (164ft)?! Yet speeds of only 60 kph (37 mph). Not too sure on that ...

I am fairly sure that he actually meant 15 metres (49ft), just a translation error :lol

In other news, the other less well known park, Bollywood Parks Dubai is also set to open a few days after Legoland, here are some pics:

The Park Entrance

Possibly the main street of the park.

Nice little model.

The Rajmahal Theatre
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:34 pm

As Legoland Dubai is the first park of Dubai Parks & Resorts to open, the thing that connects the rest of the parks, hotels and shops together is RiverLand Dubai

LegoLand Dubai and RiverLand Dubai will open on the 31st October
TT Member
User

Max

by Max » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:48 pm

This whole thing looks incredible. Dubai is definitely on the bucket list.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:51 pm

So, the first park in Dubai Parks and Resorts, Legoland Dubai opened the other day
Opening ceremony.

I didn't find the park that good, however I was able to get pictures of Bollywood and MotionGate

The entrance to Bollywood Parks Dubai

The entrance for MotionGate Dubai

The construction of the Mack Mega-Coaster "Capital Bullet Train"

"ZombieLand: Blast Off!!" was testing

These parks looked awesome and hopefully they will be great!
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

Dubailand and Dubai Parks and Resorts

by theparklifekid » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:58 pm

The plan to build a Universal Studios Dubailand development has been officially been scrapped, it was reported on Thursday.

The theme park’s two main backers, Dubai Holding and Universal Studios Theme Parks & Resorts, both confirmed that there are no plans to push ahead with the long-delayed project, reported Construction Week Online.
It cited a report published by Zawya saying the construction of the development started in 2008, but the project stalled following the 2008/09 financial crisis. In a statement issued on Wednesday, Dubai Holding said that it was no longer in talks with the US-based theme park operator.
Universal Studios also confirmed: “While we are always open to opportunities in the region, we’ve stepped away from this specific project.”

Universal Studios Dubailand was originally slated to complete before the end of 2010, but only a hole in the ground and the old entrance sign remains.

RIP Universal Studios Dubailand
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:51 am

Motiongate Dubai Update

Motiongate is steadily moving swiftly towards its December opening and here are some updates of the park.

"Hotel Transylvania" is coming on great

The enterance to the indoor Dreamworks section of the park

"Dragon Gliders" and the How to train your Dragon area

"Madagascar: Mad Pursuit" in the background of the Madagascar section

Just a little infographic to finish off. :)

Motiongate Dubai is set to open of December 16th and Bollywood Parks Dubai will open next Tuesday.
Site Owner
User

Baffles

by Baffles » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Thanks for the update. Do we think all the attractions will be ready at park opening?

Hopefully not a repeat of Legoland..
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:46 am

The second park of Dubai Parks and Resorts is now open!

"Bollywood Parks Dubai is the first theme park in the world dedicated to all things Bollywood!

Action, adventure, romance, comedy, music, dance, flavour and emotion, Bollywood style.

A celebration of Mumbai’s legendary film industry in 5 zones inspired by Bollywood blockbusters, enjoy live entertainment, stage performances and flamboyant cinematic rides in an experience unlike any other.

For the first time ever, you will live, learn and experience the kaleidoscopic world of Mumbai’s famous film industry, in the world’s first Bollywood themed park covering 1.7million square feet on the opening day."

Park Overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efhAlaM1eq0

Park Map:

So, thats 2 down 1 to go (and also a waterpark)! I have a friend that went to the opening day yesterday and he told me its awesome and one of the most beautiful parks he's been to! I won't be visiting for a few weeks though, because I don't want a repeat of Legoland and I want everything to be on top form! Also I have never watched a Bollywood Film so I maybe a bit confused! :lol
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Motiongate Update

Entrance to the Sony Pictures area.

Entrance to the indoor Dreamworks section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkSpIrtdWrA&t=0s
The start of a series based in the rides and shows at the park, this episode focuses on "Step-Up Dubai, All In!"
PreviousNext