UK theme parks from another point of view!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dubai Parks & Resorts

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:46 am

MotionGate Soft Opening

Somehow, this slipped completely past me, but MotionGate had a "soft" opening/preview day the other day!

From what I gather, only a handful of rides were available at this event, including the "Smurfs Village" rides, Underworld 4D, Step-Up All In and Ghostbusters.

MotionGate Dubai is set to be open on December 16, 2016.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

IMG Worlds Of Legends

Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:29 am

Just Announced:

IMG Worlds of Adventure is already set to have an expansion to the park, featuring 9 new themed 'worlds' to famous IPs such as: Pokemon, Power Rangers, Mattel, Ubisoft, TV Tokyo, Nickelodeon, Toei Animation and a new themed area 'Legends of Arabia' (I'm presuming its based off of a preposed Dubailand Park!)

IMG Worlds of Legends will apparently have a retractable roof, new water based rides, will become the biggest global licensing deal ever, updated theming of existing rides and new coasters (B&M Dive Coaster anyone?)

More information to come.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:36 pm

I do understand why they are adding it but really the priority should be improving the first park

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:56 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
I do understand why they are adding it but really the priority should be improving the first park

The first park has only just opened, or not even opened yet I can't remember. Why would they need to improve it first?
Ride count 2017: 346!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 857!
Cred count: 65!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Well I was referring to building new attractions there, rather than build another park. It seems as though it is a way to make a lot more money like a certain Ferrari World

owenrita121
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:34 am

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
Well I was referring to building new attractions there, rather than build another park. It seems as though it is a way to make a lot more money like a certain Ferrari World

That makes no sense... They are building new attractions at the park... This project is an expansion of the current park, not a completely different park. Also what does Ferrari World have to do with this? That park hasn't built another park either...
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:43 am

Liam.W wrote:
The first park has only just opened, or not even opened yet I can't remember. Why would they need to improve it first?

IMG Worlds of Adventure opened in August, I went there in October (heading back for a school trip next week) check out my Trip report.

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:

I believe IMG Worlds is opening up another park to make it seem more like a resort. This is probably due to competition from Dubai Parks and Resorts, which have 4 attractions (with a 5th being Six Flags on the way) to offer in one area. IMG has only 1 park to offer currently and if you look on a map, its quite a drive away compared to Dubai Parks and Resorts, offering more things to do with another park, will make people want to make a trip over to IMG.

In terms of improving the park, for me IMG is the best park in the UAE, sure all the parks coasters are cloned ones, but they are excellent clones. IMG have said that they want to try add something new to the park every year, so no worries on new things there and they have enough time to do so as they haven't stated when the next park will open and will take a few years to build. The theming inside the park is awesome (especially in the Lost Valley section), awesome rides and compared to the other parks, this park has heart. The developers wanted to make something special, (unlike others that just want to sell toys and fast cars) sure 2 areas are based on IP's, but they looked at what made those special to people and delivered (especially with Avengers: Battle of Ultron, which is probably my favourite dark ride).

Also Ferrari World does and doesn't really fit into this. Ferrari World will probably make more, just because of Formula Rossa, but its in a completely different city. Ferrari World is park of the Yas Island group, another themepark rival group with Ferrari World, Yas Waterworld and the upcoming Warner Bros Park under their belt. So once again it makes sense for IMG to expand so they have a chance of surviving.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:12 pm

theparklifekid wrote:
Liam.W wrote:

IMG Worlds of Adventure opened in August, I went there in October (heading back for a school trip next week) check out my Trip report.

Ohhh I got mixed up with MotionGate! ](*,)
Ride count 2017: 346!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 857!
Cred count: 65!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:07 pm

MotionGate Update

Zombieland: Blast-Off

Green-Hornet: High Speed Chase

Hotel Transylvania

Theming towards the entrance of the park.

In addition Motiongate have released 2 videos talking about some attractions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu9qKYrtvpk Ghostbusters - Battle for New York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_n_DYZLiEo Smurfs Playhouse

In a bit of sad news according to MotionGates Website, Panem Aerial Tour and the Mack Mega Coaster "Capital Bullet Train" won't be ready until "early 2017".

Motiongate will open at the end of this week

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:53 am

Frustrating that their biggest area and attraction won't be ready in time.

Will be gutted if I miss them on my visit in late Jan.

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:06 am

https://travellerczech.com/2016/12/10/d ... heme-park/

Some fantastic new photos of Motiongate.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:56 pm

MotionGate Dubai is Officially Open!

MotionGate Dubai is finally open in Dubai Parks and Resorts!
Grand Opening Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjj3lsSW37Y

Themeparkinsider have done a video tour of the park, which can be seen down below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQugJci-BpQ

Some work is still being done on the park, including a few rides not being operational yet (Smurf's Village Express, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, the Lionsgate area and the Dreamworks section) but are aiming to be open within the next few days.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:56 pm

A fifth theme park in Dubai Parks and Resorts is currently in the planning stages.

The CEO of Dubai Parks and Resorts said, “We have plans to add a fifth park. We are still working on it – it’s an amazing idea but it’s at the conceptual stage at the moment and once it’s the right time we will go out and expand it.”

If this fifth park does start construction, it will probably open after Six Flags Dubai (Q4 2019) which is the current focus of Dubai Parks and Resorts.

Source:http://gulfbusiness.com/exclusive-dubai-parks-mulls-fifth-new-theme-park-ceo/

What would you like to see added?

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:54 am

Reports are coming in that the Dreamworks section of the park is finally open! This area holds 2 coasters, Madagascar: Mad Pursuit (Infinity Coaster) and How to Train Your Dragon: Dragon Gliders (Mack Suspended Coaster). This leaves only the Lionsgate section to open.

All looking very good and can't wait to visit it on the 4th! (please please be good [-o< )

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:43 pm

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dubailand and Dubai Parks & Resorts

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Dubai Union Properties have renewed plans to build a "motor racing themepark" in the Motor City part of Dubailand.

The company said that it is currently developing a feasibility study for the project, which was cancelled in 2013, used to be dubbed as "F1-X Dubailand" and was actually left 30% completed.

The masterplan will be revised however, making the original theme park designs smaller and more affordable while relocating half the land for mixed-use development.

In other news, one of the other palms, The Palm Deira, is making a comeback. The bottom of the Palm dubbed "Deira Island" has been reclaimed from the sea and will open a AED 500 million beach resort which will include a waterpark. Its set to open in 2020.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dubailand and Dubai Parks & Resorts

Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Abandoned Dubai Theme Park to be rebuilt.

Dubai had its first themepark open in 1996, it was called "Wonderland" and was known for not being that good. The main stand out for the park was a Vekoma Roller Skater and that and the rest of the park closed in 2013, where it remains abandoned to this day.

Plans have been revealed for a Dhs1.8 billion ($490 million) redevelopment of Wonderland, which will feature amusement parks, apartments, shops, restaurants and a cultural centre. The reconstruction will start in the first few months of 2017 and is scheduled to take three years to complete and according to plans will be indoors.

Ok, I think they need to calm down a bit with all the new parks being built! :lol
Hoping Universal Studios is the next project to be revived. [-o<

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Anyone know if the rest of the rides are open at Motiongate? The 'opening soon' text has been removed from the relevant rides on the website..

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:33 pm

I have seen a blog with some of the DreamWorks area being shown but there are no povs of the coasters there

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:54 am

Baffles wrote:
Anyone know if the rest of the rides are open at Motiongate? The 'opening soon' text has been removed from the relevant rides on the website..

From what I've heard, more rides are now available compared to the last time I was at the park. However the How To Train Your Dragon area I believe is still getting its finishing touches and maybe the Shrek dark ride. The Lionsgate area has still got a bit of work that needs to be done also.

My advice for you when you visit is delay your trip as much as possible, so when you visit the park there is a higher chance more will be open.