UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Six Flags Dubai

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Awesome. We should get a nice indication when Google update their aerial photo.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:47 pm

During my trip to DPR today, I made sure to head to straight to the Six Flags site first thing to see how much has changed and lets just say wow, a lot has changed.

First off, Pulsar clone.

Next we have the entrance plaza and its surrounding building. As you can see from the cars and people a lot is happening at the site.

No idea whats going on here, but progress.

Finally we have a building! According to the plan this is going to be an outdoor theatre and is coming on nicely!

Now during my visit I had an interesting conversation with a DPR official who was working on the planning of this park. He told me the following things:
- The park is actually going to be quite small on opening, smaller than motiongate but slightly bigger than legoland and bollywood.
- There isn't going to be the worlds tallest coaster, as it would take up a large amount of park space and would ruin surrounding views.
- All coasters are clones except the one surrounding the entrance.
- A manufacturer has been decided for the entrance coaster, I'm not allowed to say which one (don't worry its good) but it is NOT a B&M and no rides from them will be present at opening.
- It will have a record breaking flat ride (not allowed to say which)

So yeah, that's a quick update, as an add on I made a video showing a more in depth look at the park:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNnE63XnHn4
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Thanks for the update, and glad to see progress.

I do think it is wise to open the park on a smaller scale bearing in mind the peformance of the rest of the resort. Disappointing to hear that the Kingda Ka beater will not happen, and no B&M - it is these type of rides which would stand the park out from the competition.

Nice work on the video.. keep them coming over the next year and a bit! :D

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Google have updated the maps for Dubai Parks & Resorts which now clearly show Six Flags Dubai very much under construction. Exciting to see.

Link.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:06 am

I'm guessing that that image was taken a while back, as much more work has taken place since then.

In other news at IAPPA, it has been announced that the first 'E-motion Board' simulator will be at Six Flags Dubai, the ride is basically a stand up simulator, a little strange if you ask me!

Video
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!