UK theme parks from another point of view!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: SW8 Speculation and Discussion

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:32 am

Yappo wrote:
Updated the alphabet with the new numbers, and corrected the L which I'd interpreted wrong from the previous image (where it was very hard to make out).

It seems Towers made a mistake with the runes, as the L rune in ‘Feed the Flames’ has now been changed to what you originally had...

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:37 am

Jcoaster wrote:
They can't mislead the public, if they officialy say that it's from SW8 then it's from SW8

Not necessarily, if they say something and you believe it then it’s on you, and it should be noted that towers have yet to ‘officially’ say anything about this product :P. I’d be personally very surprised if they could manage to get enough perfectly cut ‘off cuts’ from a currently unfinished ride to sell as merchandise! ;)

Also, it’s now been found that these are £25 per wood block! :yikes:

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:06 am

I'll be purchasing one, although I do think they are expensive for what is essentially a block of wood. I just hope they don't sell out!

Jcoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:39 am

Owen wrote:
Jcoaster wrote:
They can't mislead the public, if they officialy say that it's from SW8 then it's from SW8

Not necessarily, if they say something and you believe it then it’s on you, and it should be noted that towers have yet to ‘officially’ say anything about this product :P. I’d be personally very surprised if they could manage to get enough perfectly cut ‘off cuts’ from a currently unfinished ride to sell as merchandise! ;)

I completely agree, that's why I said: if they officially say

Capt. Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Owen wrote:
Jcoaster wrote:

Believe me you never saw the enormous pile of offcuts sitting at the top end of the site about a month ago. There were a LOT. And a small amount of machining/milling can make them all the same shape. I for one fully believe this is wood from offcuts.
Keep up with Virtual Towers Online on our social media!

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Although the idea of spending £25 on a piece of wood is somewhat ludicrous to me, the person who came up with the idea deserves a raise!

It’s effectively free money so why wouldn’t they use their assets! And I’m sure they would use the wood from SW8 exactly for their reason (it’s free to use)

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:44 pm

I've heard a lot of people talk about a possible Mutiny Bay retheme to 'The Village' or 'Alton Village', I mean it seems plausible as MB would have the same lifespan Ug Land had before it's retheme into Dark Forest.

I'd imagine a retheme wouldn't be too hard as MB still retains a lot of it's Merrie England features.

Thoughts?
[Insert Signature Here]

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:48 pm

I doubt Mutiny Bay will see a retheme but that doesn’t mean it can’t get split in two...

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:49 pm

Hearing actors in the welcoming were mentioning 'the ram' a lot apparently, if true, is the theming element a ram, with them horns, and the wickerman has been the thing to mislead us?
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:54 pm

I don’t necessarily think the wicker man thing has to be a man, just an effigy of some sort...

Yappo
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:03 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Yappo wrote:
Updated the alphabet with the new numbers, and corrected the L which I'd interpreted wrong from the previous image (where it was very hard to make out).

It seems Towers made a mistake with the runes, as the L rune in ‘Feed the Flames’ has now been changed to what you originally had...

Ooh that's interesting. That probably means this new rune they used by mistake is for one of the letters we don't have yet - J, X, Y or Z. I would guess possibly J as it's closest to L.
Accordion-playing pirate.

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:04 pm

I need a j and a z. Can we have both?
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:18 am

Bert2theSpark wrote:
I've heard a lot of people talk about a possible Mutiny Bay retheme to 'The Village' or 'Alton Village', I mean it seems plausible as MB would have the same lifespan Ug Land had before it's retheme into Dark Forest.

I'd imagine a retheme wouldn't be too hard as MB still retains a lot of it's Merrie England features.

Thoughts?

The thing with a Mutiny Bay retheme is Sharkbait Reef and Battle Galleons would prove quite tricky to change theme. I'd applaud Merlin for coming up with a way to do this, as I can't think of anything!

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:22 am

I think the two themes could be integrated much like in some of the pirates of the Carribbean films, with the very tribal Aztec things up at the top, but a gradual transition let and right back into pirate theming. That way, Merlin could put a few Azteccy tribal things into Sharkbait, while keeping the theme of it the same.
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:37 am

Ryan.B wrote:
Hearing actors in the welcoming were mentioning 'the ram' a lot apparently, if true, is the theming element a ram, with them horns, and the wickerman has been the thing to mislead us?

You've got to do this scare maze, just for its teasery themery lushness. And talking sheepishly- pay VERY close attention to something large and white in there! Familiar? And think rams head doesn't have to mean Ramsbottom. In fact look closely everywhere (when you can mwahahaha Tunnel vision?). Teasers/ red herrings galore....
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:55 pm

This is going to make me sound stupid.. but how do the wheels of a GCI train roll along the track? With The Smiler for instance you have 3 wheels on a rail for each car, is this the same for GCI's as I'm so confused to how the train is rolling along the track with what looks like 1 wheel above the track?? I know this is a stupid question but I have literally no idea how it works.
Seize The Day, Or Die Regretting, The Time You Lost..

Capt. Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:57 pm

So GCI wheel sets work similarly to old style Vekoma/Arrow coasters, with the wheels on the INSIDE of the rails as opposed to the outside of course. It still has all three positions, top, side and underneath, but because of the way the rails are made and the positioning, the side and underside wheels are often difficult to spot. I've taken a couple of screenshots from NoLimits 2 to demonstrate.

Keep up with Virtual Towers Online on our social media!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Whoa thanks! Ah I see what you mean and also see how the track is aswell.. yeah I do find it hard to spot that but thank you for clarifying that for me. Hope to see this NL2 Coaster soon! Previous pictures looked great so far!
Seize The Day, Or Die Regretting, The Time You Lost..

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Also thank you for that, makes it really clear!

Something I’ve just noticed about the statue and thought I would run it in here.... could it be that the statue has a human face on one side and a ram on the other? I’ve been trying to decipher the shape and this is all I could come up with...

Ram facing station building,
Human facing the banked turn with track returning through the chest

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:07 pm

Phild94 wrote:

Something I’ve just noticed about the statue and thought I would run it in here.... could it be that the statue has a human face on one side and a ram on the other? I’ve been trying to decipher the shape and this is all I could come up with...

Ram facing station building,
Human facing the banked turn with track returning through the chest

One photo posted of the prep for The Welcoming scare maze shows two large structures, maybe deliberately placed to be seen not concealed (as with some of the build works) - one bone white skeleton ram or snake like (I couldn't work out for sure the creature but it has horns that look very familiar...) and another odd giant head that had the SW8 runes above it. Could it be that there is more than just the giant centrepiece 'thing' and additional 'creatures / features / beings' elsewhere in the ride and experience- interestingly keep an eye on all the little details- one I spotted is 'the earth and its elements', plus worshiped entities and other multiples have been repeatedly hinted at, suggests not just one thing - fire, air(time), earthworks / rock / minerals etc, wood, there was some older speculation that water could play a part on some responses to the planning/layout/location, are we getting something truly special that is multi-elemental (my poetry helped open my eyes to that possibility as I've been doing some work on that theme recently, although even before then I'd been getting a fire and water gut feeling- the potential link is obvious).
Large thing could be two different things for different bits of the ride where you only see the relevant one to develop the possibility suggested. And the blindfolding mask suggests a possible blackout in part of the soundproofing tunneling or elsewhere on the ride maybe. Are all these little details clever teasers or clever red herrings?
Regardless I do now think both the ride and theming are going to be really special - maybe even on a par with experiences like Nemesis or Valhalla if the theming is as good as is being hinted at, if not a massive opportunity has been missed, and will help sell wooden coasters as a concept to the group's visitors and planners who haven't previously been looking through wood tinted glasses, hopefully guests love it and Merlin build more :)
Great day all-round at Scarefest and impressed by the meals and service at the hotel so I have a lot of love for Alton Towers at the moment.
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8