UK theme parks from another point of view!

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8 Speculation and Discussion

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Yappo wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
EDIT: Video available from TT Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/towerstimes/vi ... 341618185/

Ooh, I like the music in that, I wonder if it's any indication of what the actual ride's soundtrack might be like... I just really like the pagan vibe of it, I'm fairly certain that main instrument we're hearing is a hurdy gurdy.
I'm also wondering if perhaps in this new scaremaze there will be clues hidden throughout, written in these runes, that we'll need to look out for and decipher in order to "be chosen" as the first riders of the coaster... just a thought. Gonna brush up on those runes anyway just in case ;)

I really hope the pre-Scaremaze (The Welcoming) music is in there somewhere too, it was lush. And yes, teasers or decoys a-plenty, I also noted the two overlayed voices on the intro, another clue? Again multiples (villagers). And it seems more than just the obvious got burned...
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Yappo wrote:
Updated the alphabet with the new numbers, and corrected the L which I'd interpreted wrong from the previous image (where it was very hard to make out).

I'm noting a bit of an Alton rides / themes / general rides feel to the symbols, again, look closely, Air/Galactica's in there I think (V/W)  for example. And even one that fits pirates. I'm also getting elements, nature and creatures - look at the S - plus quite a few Wicker Man / rollercoaster suggestions as well as echoes of the logo, what does The Wicker Man look like written out? or Alton Towers? Not got time to scribble that down so if someone would be so kind... Clever way they picked the alphabet!
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:32 pm

Yes I have to agree, when the first symbols were revealed I was thinking that same. It can't be a coincidence either. Probably just a cool little Easter egg than anything with a meaning though!

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:40 pm

Robert.W wrote:
Yes I have to agree, when the first symbols were revealed I was thinking that same. It can't be a coincidence either. Probably just a cool little Easter egg than anything with a meaning though!

Let's have a forum challenge - link them to meaningful things, an out of season Easter egg hunt!

Double challenge: 1. work out symbols that fit a ride/ theme/ concept
2. see how other people have linked them
I'll kick off with Oblivion = (symbols that fit) B, E, F, P, 1 and 8
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:45 pm

ImageThis is Alton Towers spelled out in SW8 runes, Martin!

Ok, so Galactica - S, W, possibly O and Q as well.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Please keep on topic guys and girls. If you want to make a rune challenge than please do it in the Dragon bar area of the forum :)
Even the good can fall from grace

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Sorry! 
Although, I was actually already considering doing some sort of rune challenge for the Dragon Bar! Keep an eye on Dragon Bar, I have something planned!

Jcoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:27 pm

8byfire wrote:
Yappo wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
EDIT: Video available from TT Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/towerstimes/vi ... 341618185/

Ooh, I like the music in that, I wonder if it's any indication of what the actual ride's soundtrack might be like... I just really like the pagan vibe of it, I'm fairly certain that main instrument we're hearing is a hurdy gurdy.
I'm also wondering if perhaps in this new scaremaze there will be clues hidden throughout, written in these runes, that we'll need to look out for and decipher in order to "be chosen" as the first riders of the coaster... just a thought. Gonna brush up on those runes anyway just in case ;)

I really hope the pre-Scaremaze (The Welcoming) music is in there somewhere too, it was lush. And yes, teasers or decoys a-plenty, I also noted the two overlayed voices on the intro, another clue? Again multiples (villagers). And it seems more than just the obvious got burned...

The two voices intro was also introduced to the big top at fright nights so I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with SW8.

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Robert.W wrote:
ImageThis is Alton Towers spelled out in SW8 runes, Martin!

Ok, so Galactica - S, W, possibly O and Q as well.

So Alton Towers is a bit interesting after all SW8 wise in the symbols- the start and end of both words seem intended- A and T both echo the body of the logo (and that thing we think the ride might be named), Two representations, perhaps for villagers and erm, toasties :o) The N has to be coaster-inspired and the S reminds me a lot of a snake/ ram / other creature-like skeleton I've seen somewhere 'welcoming' recently. And the other can't quite work it out giant head thing- if it's not intentional it's a big coincidence with how much it matches/suggests the eyes and nose of both. So I'm thinking there were/are a few easter-eggy teasers in the symbols, did overhear people talking about them at Alton Towers, not sure if these were coaster people or general public people but they must be working on some levels marketing-wise and it's kinda cool. And very skillfully on-theme. Will have to see if anyone's converted The Wicker Man yet (which we will also be seeing in symbols in the park and on Alton's media channels soon I'm sure if they get the logo linked second trademark). Also thinking there may be reveals around Halloween and bonfire night (Penny for the guy's thoughts on this?) as both have been alluded to with the prequel things including The Welcoming scare maze ("Every year the secluded group host a festival to celebrate their own interpretation of Halloween." and the end of the maze no spoilers) The slow revealing of new things recently suggests they're building up to a main reveal that could be sooner than 2018. That would be good timing. Alton's marketing team are on fire, the park has chosen them well hehe.
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:50 pm

8byfire wrote:
Robert.W wrote:

Let's have a forum challenge - link them to meaningful things, an out of season Easter egg hunt!

Double challenge: 1. work out symbols that fit a ride/ theme/ concept
2. see how other people have linked them
I'll kick off with Oblivion = (symbols that fit) B, E, F, P, 1 and 8

Fun! and also the name wickerman is basically confirmed as theme park world wide said that there is a secret message that sais wickerman in the welcoming.
Thanks, 
Ben.
You belong to the smiler...Welcome to oblivion...NEMESIS!

TheHunter
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:33 pm

Where is everyone finding the L letter from? The one I found for it looks a lot different to yours

Yappo
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:41 pm

That was my fault... well, and Towers really... they used the wrong symbol for L in the first version of "Feed the Flames" and I changed my alphabet thinking I'd got it wrong but then they quickly changed it to what I had originally so I was right all along. But my latest version of the alphabet (which Robert.W used just now) still has the wrong L.

Hopefully heading to Scarefest this weekend. Looking forward to seeing what teasers we get in The Welcoming.
Accordion-playing pirate.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:17 pm

A little speculation.

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:24 pm

bendaboss wrote:

Fun! and also the name wickerman is basically confirmed as theme park world wide said that there is a secret message that sais wickerman in the welcoming.
Thanks, 
Ben.

And as I noted as my signature alludes to, 4 T W C M syllables - The Wel-co-ming / The wi-cker- man, very subtly poetically clever. They should play with that in the advertising, the two voices thing would work with the two overlapped and the first changing to the latter.

Re the speculation I've looked at images again and think the two heads facing different ways might be the case, one a creature with horns and the other the Woody within the woodie, also noted that one post had what might be the latter's arms/legs (banded wood) stated as part of the horns, I think they were arms or legs and the horns are the thin curvy structures, the two heads seen in Scarefest and Scarefest prep (ref. previous posts) make me think this too as there are those two very different heads in the prequel teasers although they could be totally different parts of the ride.

You may not be far off but find the pic of the Scarefest maze prep in the Mutiny Bay area and see what you make of the two heads!
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:18 am

..mind you been looking again and the image you added to could suggest it as the back/mouth of a lower head being entered or perhaps more likely the chest of the body, they've been so sneaky with the reveals- we still don't know 100%.  However, there's a lot to suggest the 1973 film structure being a main influence (it's ladder's even a bit coaster like!) and actually that it is the chest being entered. Likewise the Cage version of the film. The Wickerman Festival has sometimes used a wild creature's head atop the body. Yet other images suggest options for routing the ride through the head and chest.

I'm now thinking coaster goes through body (white tarpaulin), head is under green tarpaulin.

Slight obscurity of the theme may also be tactically clever- a lot of the public may not know exactly what's coming even now, The Welcoming was quite subtle with it's more major clues. Having a horror theme isn't as bad as people make out as the genre's everywhere these days (a certain boy wizard comes to mind) and I think the theme's going to suit the ride perfectly, plus I'm thinking they wanted to be original not just yet another pirate ride or other cliche.

And more symbol play - just sussed that the T above the W looks a lot like 'Wicky' atop a pyre! "a heap of combustible material, especially one for burning a corpse such as for part of a funeral ceremony." Maybe they're downplaying the horror aspect- honoring the dead was a theme of The Welcoming- by not literally burning people alive!

My visual theory based on yours: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

https://www.towerstimes.co.uk/blog/2017 ... mber-2017/

Arms : http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/04_448.jpg
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:06 am

I think most certainly it will be bursting out of the ground. This ties in with the groundbreaking tagline originally seen, although it could appear to be burning to the ground. I don't see it being tied to an IP though.

With credit to TS 'evilcod' for the original photo, I've had a go at drawing the back.

Tom
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:42 am

Justin, your drawings are great! Really helps to visualise what could potentially be underneath the sheeting.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:45 am

I've gone raw on both sides but I'm trying to work out how they would blend. I'm sure I'm way off though :)

ChessingtonSam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:57 am

Justin wrote:
I think most certainly it will be bursting out of the ground. This ties in with the groundbreaking tagline originally seen, although it could appear to be burning to the ground. I don't see it being tied to an IP though.

With credit to TS 'evilcod' for the original photo, I've had a go at drawing the back.

And to further support the whole ram thing:
https://youtu.be/2Ovb4Y4mUUg?t=278
"The ram... Shall burn"
I don't know if that was meant to go in a spoiler tag but I don't know how to do it.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:29 am

Just had a quick go at drawing in the two sides. Here is a basic interpretation of how the structure could look. I think we are looking at something double faced instead of just one.