UK theme parks from another point of view!

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8 Speculation and Discussion

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:23 pm

I said this not too long back and I’m glad that it’s been drawn out, you can really tell what’s going on beneath the sheets...

Just a note on the human side I’m pretty sure the face will be looking straight on, rather than towards the sky, potentially with an open mouth where you’ve put he depression of the chin.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:29 pm

I must agree.
With regards to the human side, it is really hard to tell. I'm going purely on the raw folds. If the mouth was placed high though then it could see flames burst out! Exciting times ahead!

simononestop
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:05 pm

I agree the mouth is open and pointing slightly up. so the flame can fire away from the track \:D/Image" />

Colinweir
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Face on the back of the head?! You're all wrong - it has to be Voldermort's face on the back of Prof. Quirrel's head!  HP finally coming to AT lol.

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:22 pm

Never noticed the face on the back before thats cool, definitely some effect will emerge from it

Joe.hxlmxs
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Just thinking along the whole "Big event at Halloween thing"... Alton Towers have their Firework Show at the end of October / Start of November which always sees an display themed of most of the major rides. If i recall correctly, when The Smiler was opened they interpreted 20% of the show to do with it. Possible Towers could be preparing to include SW8 into the firework show? to announce something before closed season, this would especially be good to keep the public wanting to come back to a new ride?

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:22 pm

This is what I see in the image... I think the rams head is spot on though so I’ve included that image as well!

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 pm

T0mPr1ce wrote:
Bert2theSpark wrote:
I've heard a lot of people talk about a possible Mutiny Bay retheme to 'The Village' or 'Alton Village', I mean it seems plausible as MB would have the same lifespan Ug Land had before it's retheme into Dark Forest.

I'd imagine a retheme wouldn't be too hard as MB still retains a lot of it's Merrie England features.

Thoughts?

The thing with a Mutiny Bay retheme is Sharkbait Reef and Battle Galleons would prove quite tricky to change theme. I'd applaud Merlin for coming up with a way to do this, as I can't think of anything!

There were some very old teasers around the park before the flume went about a secret weapon to defeat Merrie England from Captain Black, and Merrie England fighting back, they could have been thinking about a pirate/ water ride or similar Flume replacement then of course, but have they been ultra sneaky and you're right? Although a village could still be home to pirates so they could cleverly have two different villages lead into each other park-wise (theme parks have abrupt often clashing theme changes by their nature). Certainly something else they could play with, perhaps unlikely as SW8 is confirmed as being in Gloomy Wood (slightly odd with Katanga Canyon and the rapids in the middle- mine train would fit a village, could Katanga be rethemed? Or will Gloomy Wood just arc round it? Maybe the SW8 area will be named uniquely when it opens) so 'the village' will perhaps most likely be a small area consisting of the ride, possibly somewhere around it, would be good if it spread beyond the ride a bit. And could the area used for the scare maze be part of it as it's being refurbished and has that Towers-like building?
Always tricky to split coincidence from cunning- even the fighting back fits the theme of 'The Welcoming'! I don't think they'd have planned SW8 as it is now that long ago though.
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8

Danny
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:53 pm

The drawings are brilliant Justin! I certainly look forward to this being unveiled, and I have a feeling it may be in the next week or so, we can hope! :)

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Can anyone else make out the possibility of a raised face of another 'head' on the right too on that third side? Could just be something else pushing up the tarp but it is a bit animal-face-like. The rear-facing head is also a bit horse-like. So still in the dark about exactly what it looks like under there.

I'm back on the two heads (or more!) theory now and I'm certain that 'Wicky' and 'Bony' have been revealed to us and both feature in the big structure. I think the track will enter through Wicky's chest and may emerge from Bony's mouth or rib-cage. There may be other 'heads' within the structure, not easy to tell with Alton's striptease reveal of 'what's under the canvas?' (which is proving more fun than 'what's in the shed?' Queue the striptease music da da da, da da da da, da da, da da,... :) )

Possible big spoilers not that there's much left to spoil linked to what Towers have already shown us! (I'm not sure how you hide text) -

To see what I think are 'Wicky' and 'Bony' look very closely in the top left corner of this image : http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/fi ... 131518.jpg

Then take a look at 2:43 and 2:44 in this video (it's that corner where 'feed the flames' is being chanted and both are there, 'Wicky' the brown one with the interesting SW8 symbols above and flames bursting out from somewhere maybe the eyes. Note from the photo how the 8 symbol looks like its mouth or a symbol for entering a tunnel as does the mouth itself - voila - SW8 symbols are ram/skeletal-thing-like, pyre-like then Wicky-like. I missed 'Wicky' when I was there- must have missed the flame timing and been focused on 'Bony' the skeletal-thing, talking of which, also take a look at the cooking thing especially the face at 4:46, it seems to match the skeleton and S symbol of which the sharp point may be a tongue. Also look out for the mark of the chosen early on - two ashen stripes, an illuminated non-horned creature at 4:36, a possible clue to the excavation pit at 6:57 on and finally- and this one's got me stumped a bit - from 8:07 the rock and fence, perhaps just saying 'be chosen' again and alluding to the rock/earth aspect of the elemental theming): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ovb4Y4mUUg

Now look only at the white-wrapped horn on this and the way it's facing and the curve :
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

So I think 'Bony' is where the horn is facing to the rear of 'Wicky' so that one conceals the other until later in the ride and 'Wicky' is the other side where we've seen the banked track going into the structure. and it looks very much like the chest tunnel of 'Wicky' would line up with most likely the mouth or maybe the rib-cage of 'Bony'. Perhaps emerging like a tongue if that's the direction of travel. Could have the ram horns as well as the thin ones. And 'Bony' the skeleton/ thing cooking for dinner could be a ram having looked at some ram skulls and skeletons as you do on a Wednesday night. I like that it's a bit ambiguously shaped such that it suggests other animals too. It's quite snake-like too. I'm also getting hints of alligator, crocodile, dragon and bacon, this wine's an odd vintage!
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8

Jcoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:44 pm

I think we might be looking into this a bit much? I doubt there's hundreds of animals included on this structure but anything goes I guess.

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:46 pm

The structure is far from complete, the head is probably mostly finished, but the rest of the body is not. None of the metal on show currently will be visible when it's completed. It may look very different come March.

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Jcoaster wrote:
I think we might be looking into this a bit much? I doubt there's hundreds of animals included on this structure but anything goes I guess.

I think just 'Bony' and 'Wicky' but four at most would make sense depending on how many directions are being catered for - even going beyond two could look odd and I'd expect heads only. Maybe Alton are just messing with our 'heads' and some of the teasers are decoy ducks, in fact it's all a ruse and as someone joked it's going to be a giant duck- revenge of the flume. As soon as the park closes for the season Wicky's outta there.
Joking apart I think they've intentionally not revealed much of the other side.
T W C M
The what's co ming
The wel co ming
The W--- C--- M---

The woods chose me

Sw 8 byfire 201 8

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Joe.hxlmxs wrote:
Just thinking along the whole "Big event at Halloween thing"... Alton Towers have their Firework Show at the end of October / Start of November which always sees an display themed of most of the major rides. If i recall correctly, when The Smiler was opened they interpreted 20% of the show to do with it. Possible Towers could be preparing to include SW8 into the firework show? to announce something before closed season, this would especially be good to keep the public wanting to come back to a new ride?

Sorry, just seen this. I believe the show will be based very much on guests and their experiences, similar to memories from a few years back. There could be a small mention though or even a finally.

With regards to the structure, I don't think well see much more than two heads (if indeed that is what is planned). Hopefully more will be revealed very soon, either on site or through marketing!

simononestop
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm

what happens in the maze, the bit you cant see. or is it just that you have a hood over your head etc.

also mmmmm face!

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:48 pm

8byfire wrote:
bendaboss wrote:

Fun! and also the name wickerman is basically confirmed as theme park world wide said that there is a secret message that sais wickerman in the welcoming.
Thanks, 
Ben.

And as I noted as my signature alludes to, 4 T W C M syllables - The Wel-co-ming / The wi-cker- man, very subtly poetically clever. They should play with that in the advertising, the two voices thing would work with the two overlapped and the first changing to the latter.

Re the speculation I've looked at images again and think the two heads facing different ways might be the case, one a creature with horns and the other the Woody within the woodie, also noted that one post had what might be the latter's arms/legs (banded wood) stated as part of the horns, I think they were arms or legs and the horns are the thin curvy structures, the two heads seen in Scarefest and Scarefest prep (ref. previous posts) make me think this too as there are those two very different heads in the prequel teasers although they could be totally different parts of the ride.

You may not be far off but find the pic of the Scarefest maze prep in the Mutiny Bay area and see what you make of the two heads!

Thanks, and as it is basically confirmed, im quite happy, its a solid name, but i would've prefered the name "The chosen" as justin said, by the way that was a great idea for the name. But im not sure about the two headed structure idea, i hope it will  have only one face, just like you humans!

Justin wrote:
A little speculation.

Wow, nice, looks really good and i could see something like that happening. It would be awsome seeing that in the dark with fire effects!
Thanks, Ben.
You belong to the smiler...Welcome to oblivion...NEMESIS!

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:08 pm

From those YouTube screenshots, you can really make out the face on one side. I'm more convinced it will be looking up now with the ram looking down towards the track.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 pm

In response to Simon’s question about the hooded section of The Welcoming...

Spoiler: show
The only thing I had was that someone clucked in my ear like a chicken. So there’s that.

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:16 am

Colinweir wrote:
Face on the back of the head?! You're all wrong - it has to be Voldermort's face on the back of Prof. Quirrel's head!  HP finally coming to AT lol.

Right guys we've got it spot on, we know exactly what sw8 is, The cursed flume duck with the adventures of harry potter! Sponsered by head and shoulders! :lol
But seriously i think it would be really cool having an reference to the flume in the ride, mabye in one of the tunnels!
You belong to the smiler...Welcome to oblivion...NEMESIS!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:16 am

Quite a while ago we discussed possible things in the maintenance shed.. since it went up so fast and its being covered up with tunnels from both sides? could we be getting a surprise in that maintenance shed, since by all looks of it, it is either pitch black in there or has some form of lighting.. this.. would be a great place for that duck from the flume to make a come back but all burnt up :lol
He who makes a beast out of himself!