The proposed materials are primarily timber and consist of the following:
- Building wall construction - Timber clad in Waney Lap Boarding
- Roof – Timber Cedar Shakes
- Hard standing areas – Block Paviour (brindle in colour)
- Doors and window frames – Soft wood timber
- Roller coaster materials track and stanchions - Timber construction
- Theming features – Timber themed render and steel
- Fencing - Timber
- Acoustic screens - Timber
- Tunnel and ride cars – Combination of timber and steel. The ride cars will be themed but will be steel coaster cars.
T0mPr1ce wrote:Now that's very interesting. Like you said, the previous plans stated the roofs were to be thatched, so maybe they've definitely moved away from the Kantga Canyon theme? To me, that style of building with the wooden boarding and wooden roofing doesn't shout Gloomy Wood or Katanga Canyon. But to say that it fits Mutiny Bay would also be quite a stretch. If anything, these materials remind me of the Enchanted Village! It's hard to tell anything from just these details, but surely the building exteriors will complement the theme?
The material list also confirms that we will be getting a woodie which is 100% wood, unlike Invadr which has the metal support structure (which I think looks horrible). It explains that the thematic structure will be primarily steel, but covered in wall render, which I assume will be painted over to make look like timber (could this be the Wickerman?). Also - the ride cars will be themed!
Bert2theSpark wrote:I guess that when planning appication was first submitted, there would of been no set theme for SW8 and also now we already have the first hints to the ride soI think Towers were keepng these designs intil the first hints to put us off and think we were getting some generic pirate themed woodie.
Also I think Towers are dilibulately giving people bad expectations of the ride then when the full annocement comes, we are all susprised with the ride. I don't know though I could be wrong...
T0mPr1ce wrote:They've also changed the buildings, the shop now appears to be separate to the station, maintenance and preshow building.
"Shop and station reduced in size".
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests