UK theme parks from another point of view!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Wicker Man General Discussion

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:38 pm

I'm not too sure that this is the same video.. yes the clip has been removed of the POV through the structure.. but that end clip in the tunnel/shed.. there looks to be some object coming towards the camera, or the train is going towards it.. also the audio sounds different than before.. seems really eerie.. I love it!!
Don't take me serious..
But come, sit, have a drink.. don't mind me..
Hush little baby, don't say a word..
It'll only hurt forever.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:45 pm

By and large the video is the same, however there have been some small alterations, including the small POV clip being cut out. I didn’t notice the bit at the end on first viewing but I see what you mean. It does look good!

I wonder if the audio is a small snippet of the ride soundtrack?

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:21 pm

They've removed the POV but everything else is exactly the same after playing them both side by side and the POV is cut & extended with the sun through the trees scene.

Tweaks to the color are a lot more vibrant in the new version.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc

8byfire
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:46 pm

Dan wrote:
By and large the video is the same, however there have been some small alterations, including the small POV clip being cut out. I didn’t notice the bit at the end on first viewing but I see what you mean. It does look good!

I wonder if the audio is a small snippet of the ride soundtrack?

I could be wrong but I'm getting the feel that the video has tiny visual snippets of longer bits to follow, I'm thinking maybe there are a series of videos each showing a bit more (the earlier removed one possibly being removed as it shows more and was put out too early out of sequence) - we could see things gradually build up to the ride footage and possibly more.

It's been posted on a Monday so I wonder how many layers the reveal has (time for the stripper music again!).... Only a few weeks off launch!

We've heard similar audio before so yes I think so.

The vids are almost exactly the same and both approx 30 secs, the only change may be the removal of the on-ride footage (at 00:18 by another happy coincidence), there's now more footage of zooming into the sun in the trees (the same as that which came after the ride footage in the pulled vid) at this point in place of zooming into the wicker man- another nice juxtaposition, zooming into fire among wood. "Lift your faces to the light"

"The story begins Spring 2018." - confirming on schedule?

Welcoming the wicker man, awaken
Beornen, burning, be chosen

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:15 pm

With construction news a little slow, what merchandise would people like?

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:16 pm

They already topped the gnomes with the wooden cut off. I don't know how they will be able to top that con/ But I think its safe to say, mugs, pin badges, clothing and pens will all be done

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:49 pm

It would be nice to see a resin and print of the actual themeing structure too. I'd also like to see another block of wood with the logo added.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Think an alarm clock of the structure would be a neat idea.. press the head to snooze/turn off, as this happens 2 red lights appear out the shoulders and the structure glows reddish..

Never gonna happen but would be nice
Don't take me serious..
It'll only hurt forever.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:12 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
Think an alarm clock of the structure would be a neat idea.. press the head to snooze/turn off, as this happens 2 red lights appear out the shoulders and the structure glows reddish..

Either that or it bursts into flames if you snooze it. That’d sure wake you up. 

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:

Either that or it bursts into flames if you snooze it. That’d sure wake you up. 

I can see it now.. that would be awesome :lol
Don't take me serious..
It'll only hurt forever.

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm excited for the resin! That would be so cool. I would also love to see some incredible runes merchandise. That would be really amazing.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:29 pm

One idea for Runes merchandise that I think would be quite cool would be for people to buy things with their names spelled out in the Runes, such as key rings and arm bands.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:34 pm

Some great ideas for merch so far! I would certainly like to see a resin of the Wicker Man structure itself, maybe with some bits of track running around/through it.

I need to make sure I’ve got some money saved for opening day :lol

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:50 pm

I think playing on the Runes idea is a good one. Having a print or poster with the alphabet on it would be nice, along with the usual hoodie.

March is going to be a very expensive month!

NemeJaney
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:05 pm

A runes crossword book  :lol  would keep us all occupied during the queues 

alton-towers
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:08 am

When Wicker Man was officially announced, the ride developer made a statement saying the ride “fused wood and fire”. What does this mean, can anyone help?

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:07 am

alton-towers wrote:
When Wicker Man was officially announced, the ride developer made a statement saying the ride “fused wood and fire”. What does this mean, can anyone help?

That was the tag-line Merlin used during the initial reveal of the ride’s name, however, somebody made a complaint to the ASA that the “world’s first” wasn’t applicable as there have been numerous instances of other wooden coasters utilising fire as part of the ride experience.

The ASA agreed and advised Merlin to “take the necessary action” so they subsequently removed all mention of “world’s first rollercoaster to fuse wood and fire” from their website.

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:00 pm

I don't know what they're called but could they have merchandise that are those things that depending on where you look at them they change what you see. Like a keyring that has your name on it but when you move it a bit or tilt your head it'll spell your name in runes.

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:19 pm

Justin wrote:
It would be nice to see a resin and print of the actual themeing structure too. I'd also like to see another block of wood with the logo added.

I’d love to see this as a hollow resin with amber lights in the head/shoulders matching the actual structure

Nutty Man
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:23 pm

A phone case would be good... although they will probably make one for the newest iPhone, and I have a 5c! (Like I know what I'm actually talking about)
The nemesis creature, lord of darkness, guy off the promo for galactica, th13teen woman Dr. Kelman and the wickerman have joined to take over the world.