UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8 Speculation and General Discussion

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Owen wrote:
I would imagine if the ride is done, the trains should be there either now or in the next week.

The Smiler was really behind at this point, so I wouldn’t look at it as an accurate reflection on when SW8’s trains will be there! :)

However, The Smiler’s trains were delivered and stored near the Skyride depot for a long time. 

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 am

Yes, however I have a strong feeling that we could expect the trains to be at the resort or at the very least on their way, they’re very different projects this time around! Especially with construction fences being pushed back and such! :)

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:38 am

Given that testing was meant to start in December I would be very surprised if the trains weren’t on site already.

Given the location of SW8 in the park there won’t have been the need to crane them onto the track in the same obvious way the Smilers were.

TheSmilerMan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:43 pm

Dan wrote:
The opening line of “it is done” suggests to me that either the theming structure or the ride itself is finished.

I really am loving these teasers and I can’t wait for the full announcement, whenever that may be.

I think we can now take this as the ride is complete and testing is on going, I know it sounds a bit backwards for the resort to tell you that but it’s in a cryptic form. 

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:54 pm

If the trains were to have been delivered.. which way to Alton would you think would of been the route.. A50 to Uttoxeter and up through Alton.. or the back ways through Ashbourne.. I didn't want to say anything because I thought it wouldn't of been the trains, however on my way back home from work to Derby, I did see a lorry convoy with 2 flat beds seeming to hold a covered cargo.. I work in an industry that works with metal, and machinery, and didn't look like anything I'd seen before in its shape.. the cargos were the same height and separated between about 4 covered pieces on each lorry flat bed. It really could of been anything however it was driving in the direction towards Alton Towers when I saw it. Was near the garden centre on a roundabout if anyone knows where I mean :lol was coming home. Like I said, could of been anything.. was just a coincidence.
He who makes a beast out of himself!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:53 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
If the trains were to have been delivered.. which way to Alton would you think would of been the route.. A50 to Uttoxeter and up through Alton.. or the back ways through Ashbourne.. I didn't want to say anything because I thought it wouldn't of been the trains, however on my way back home from work to Derby, I did see a lorry convoy with 2 flat beds seeming to hold a covered cargo.. I work in an industry that works with metal, and machinery, and didn't look like anything I'd seen before in its shape.. the cargos were the same height and separated between about 4 covered pieces on each lorry flat bed. It really could of been anything however it was driving in the direction towards Alton Towers when I saw it. Was near the garden centre on a roundabout if anyone knows where I mean :lol was coming home. Like I said, could of been anything.. was just a coincidence.

Was it a Homebase garden centre? If so, I know where you mean as I pass it every time I drive to the Resort :D

Riley_B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:09 pm

A new puzzle has been added to the Alton Towers YouTube channel! The challenge is slightly different but I’ll let you all figure out the answer for yourselves!

ATI
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:26 pm

It's "chosen".
We were born to fly...

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:04 pm

That new puzzle was weird... At least they're getting more subtle and relying only on runes and curiosity. 

Riley_B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:56 pm

I can’t imagine we have too many words to decipher so I could see a reveal coming in the near future!

Kraken
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Well Alton Towers have completely foxed me on Clue No2.  (& I am not asking for the answer either)... 1 and 3 were quite easy given the use of the Runes, but I've tried every word I can think of for Centre with 3 letters and nothing is correct.  Good luck to those who have cracked it!  

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:32 pm

You've already cracked clue 2, Kraken! ;)

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 am

Tom170499 wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:

Was it a Homebase garden centre? If so, I know where you mean as I pass it every time I drive to the Resort :D

Yeah it is I think, haven't been there myself but there's a new Aldi near it now I think has been there for about a year almost with a pub/restaurant next to it, if so then yeah, same place there!

Kraken
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:11 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:

Yeah it is I think, haven't been there myself but there's a new Aldi near it now I think has been there for about a year almost with a pub/restaurant next to it, if so then yeah, same place there!

So you're on the A52 link-road between the two main roundabouts on the outskirts of Ashbourne then.  The first [coming from Derby] passes the retail park with Homebase on your right, then you then pass the pub, Travelodge & Aldi on the left, before doing a left at the next roundabout to head towards Alton Towers.  

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Kraken wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:

So you're on the A52 link-road between the two main roundabouts on the outskirts of Ashbourne then.  The first [coming from Derby] passes the retail park with Homebase on your right, then you then pass the pub, Travelodge & Aldi on the left, before doing a left at the next roundabout to head towards Alton Towers.  

Yeah that's it! Couldn't remember the road name aha, yeah that's where I saw the 2 lorries carrying a cargo that was covered. This was last Tuesday as I had a course to take for my apprenticeship for machining, once coming home towards Derby, that's when I saw them.. it really could be anything, however with the timing and route they were taking in their convoy, it does raise suspicions! Especially now that the ride is testing, this is getting very exciting!

EDIT: just looked on google maps, the pub is the Stepping Stones, for anyone else who knows the route.