UK theme parks from another point of view!

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8 Speculation and Discussion

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:47 pm

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Could "The Wicker Man" not just be a fake name (like "Surrender" for Thirteen)?

Jack
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:36 pm

*Wicker Man leak from construction workers*

*Wicker Man theme element planning permission submitted*

*Wicker Man trademark submitted*

Nah just a red herring ;)

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:39 pm

I've just read through the four documents included in this latest planning application. The cover letter mentions lighting on the ride which is interesting, whether this is to cover all bases or whether there will actually be lighting on the coaster itself. The Queue Lighting Details document shows that a large majority of the ride will not be lit up, with small bollard lamps in the queue only, which could mean night rides in Scarefest could be something really to look forward to.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:50 pm

T0mPr1ce wrote:
The cover letter mentions lighting on the ride which is interesting, whether this is to cover all bases or whether there will actually be lighting on the coaster itself.

The only mention of lighting on the ride is within the condition itself. None of the uploaded documents actually suggest the coaster itself will have lighting on it, which I believe they would be required to show, so presumably the only exterior lighting is that in the queue.

Pins
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Looks like the track goes through the arms of the structure? Do we think this could be to create the illusion of it being held up by the 'wicker man' or other creature?

Hoping this packs more of a punch that we originally thought. I imagine Nemesis would look similarly short and underwhelming if viewed on planning documents?

ATI
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm

I would love to see if this coaster will be as heavily themed as a coaster such as The Smiler. Also, it looks to be a fairly short layout, around 2,000 - 3,000ft long I would say..
We were born to fly...

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:04 am

it's roughly the same length arounds as Rita, from what I (poorly) measured :lol
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

scruffy_
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:29 am

how is a wicker man theme going to fit into mutiny bay though? and how does that fit with "ground breaking" ?

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 am

scruffy_ wrote:
how is a wicker man theme going to fit into mutiny bay though? and how does that fit with "ground breaking" ?

The plans lead to mutiny bay, alton towers are saying gloomy wood and the theme seems to suggest Katanga Canyon. There's really no way of knowing yet.
GodBlessTeaTowels

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 am

Think people are taking everything 'as it is' a bit too much with this one.

Just because there's a Wicker Man doesn't necessarily mean thats the theme, it could just be an element of it. The theme could be based around a mysterious and fictional voodoo that could work in both Katanga and Mutiny acting as a form of transitional area. :)

Whilst we know the basic gist of everything in this project such as the layout, some theming items and theme hints (more than any other SW ever) we don't know exactly how it'll all be incorporated into the main thing we don't know - the exact story and theme! :P

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 am

Overall I'd prefer a transitional area rather than a new area with a completely different theme. It would help make the ride fit in more.
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Would I be wrong in saying Duel is set for some TowersLovingCare over the next closed season? I seem to remember reading something? If so, could this be a retheme t coincide with SW8?

1991troysmith
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:40 pm

T0mPr1ce wrote:
Would I be wrong in saying Duel is set for some TowersLovingCare over the next closed season? I seem to remember reading something? If so, could this be a retheme t coincide with SW8?

Yes Towers Loving Care have confirmed this on there Facebook page. However it doesn't need TLC it needs a complete change/refurbishment. New story, new ride design. It just doesn't cut it in 2017 its a shambles. 1 area they need to spend the money on new technology and ride system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:09 pm

It's definitely only tlc because if it was a full retheme it would be marketed as a whole new ride.
GodBlessTeaTowels

scruffy_
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:45 am

Thing is though they've had a mish-mash of themes before, Air in FV for example

simononestop
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 08, 2017 12:47 pm

It might have been covered already but wasn't there a first sign ages ago when the flume closed (before removal)
that was put up it said something like sw8 was coming something to do with an invasion or some one traveling from a far?
any one still got a copy?

Sure this went with the Viking theory / theme idea?
then the wicker man could me a Viking figure with the horns?
or just a wicker man lol

lil2710
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi first post so please be nice. I'm thinking that if the theme is going to be vikings it would still fit within mutiny bay it would just need touching up to fit in with a Viking theme or if the big statue is of the wicker man it could fit in with Katanga canyon as maybe some sort of voodoo.

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Nice to see new people! i think your right also if it was in gloomy wood (doubt it!) i thnk that would be cool as i love gloomy wood as an area :D and would love to see an extension and for sw8 to be in GW (again in my dreams!)
You belong to the smiler...Welcome to oblivion...NEMESIS!

towerslover
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Will be interesting to see which way it goes and where it ends up in terms of areas. If it's in mutiny bay - which looks most likely imo - it will be seen and heard from the Rapids/KC so I really hope it does not ruin the atmosphere of that area!