A ground breaking new attraction is set to open at the Alton Towers Resort in 2018. Follow all the discussion in this dedicated forum.
TT Member
User

T0mPr1ce

Re: SW8 Speculation and Discussion

by T0mPr1ce » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:47 pm

TT Member
User

Count-Vonduel

by Count-Vonduel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Could "The Wicker Man" not just be a fake name (like "Surrender" for Thirteen)?
Community Advocate
User

Jack

by Jack » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:36 pm

*Wicker Man leak from construction workers*

*Wicker Man theme element planning permission submitted*

*Wicker Man trademark submitted*

Nah just a red herring ;)
TT Member
User

T0mPr1ce

by T0mPr1ce » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:39 pm

I've just read through the four documents included in this latest planning application. The cover letter mentions lighting on the ride which is interesting, whether this is to cover all bases or whether there will actually be lighting on the coaster itself. The Queue Lighting Details document shows that a large majority of the ride will not be lit up, with small bollard lamps in the queue only, which could mean night rides in Scarefest could be something really to look forward to.
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:50 pm

T0mPr1ce wrote:The cover letter mentions lighting on the ride which is interesting, whether this is to cover all bases or whether there will actually be lighting on the coaster itself.

The only mention of lighting on the ride is within the condition itself. None of the uploaded documents actually suggest the coaster itself will have lighting on it, which I believe they would be required to show, so presumably the only exterior lighting is that in the queue.

TT Member
User

Pins

by Pins » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Looks like the track goes through the arms of the structure? Do we think this could be to create the illusion of it being held up by the 'wicker man' or other creature?

Hoping this packs more of a punch that we originally thought. I imagine Nemesis would look similarly short and underwhelming if viewed on planning documents?
TT Member
User

ATI

by ATI » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm

I would love to see if this coaster will be as heavily themed as a coaster such as The Smiler. Also, it looks to be a fairly short layout, around 2,000 - 3,000ft long I would say..
We were born to fly...
TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:04 am

it's roughly the same length arounds as Rita, from what I (poorly) measured :lol
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net
TT Member
User

scruffy_

by scruffy_ » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:29 am

how is a wicker man theme going to fit into mutiny bay though? and how does that fit with "ground breaking" ?
TT Member
User

AltonOperator

by AltonOperator » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 am

scruffy_ wrote:how is a wicker man theme going to fit into mutiny bay though? and how does that fit with "ground breaking" ?

The plans lead to mutiny bay, alton towers are saying gloomy wood and the theme seems to suggest Katanga Canyon. There's really no way of knowing yet.
God Bless Tea Towels
Community Advocate
User

Owen

by Owen » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 am

Think people are taking everything 'as it is' a bit too much with this one.

Just because there's a Wicker Man doesn't necessarily mean thats the theme, it could just be an element of it. The theme could be based around a mysterious and fictional voodoo that could work in both Katanga and Mutiny acting as a form of transitional area. :)

Whilst we know the basic gist of everything in this project such as the layout, some theming items and theme hints (more than any other SW ever) we don't know exactly how it'll all be incorporated into the main thing we don't know - the exact story and theme! :P
TT Member
User

Smiler313

by Smiler313 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 am

Overall I'd prefer a transitional area rather than a new area with a completely different theme. It would help make the ride fit in more.
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'
TT Member
User

T0mPr1ce

by T0mPr1ce » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Would I be wrong in saying Duel is set for some TowersLovingCare over the next closed season? I seem to remember reading something? If so, could this be a retheme t coincide with SW8?
TT Member
User

1991troysmith

by 1991troysmith » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:40 pm

T0mPr1ce wrote:Would I be wrong in saying Duel is set for some TowersLovingCare over the next closed season? I seem to remember reading something? If so, could this be a retheme t coincide with SW8?

Yes Towers Loving Care have confirmed this on there Facebook page. However it doesn't need TLC it needs a complete change/refurbishment. New story, new ride design. It just doesn't cut it in 2017 its a shambles. 1 area they need to spend the money on new technology and ride system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TT Member
User

AltonOperator

by AltonOperator » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:09 pm

It's definitely only tlc because if it was a full retheme it would be marketed as a whole new ride.
God Bless Tea Towels
TT Member
User

scruffy_

by scruffy_ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:45 am

Thing is though they've had a mish-mash of themes before, Air in FV for example
TT Member
User

simononestop

by simononestop » Mon May 08, 2017 12:47 pm

It might have been covered already but wasn't there a first sign ages ago when the flume closed (before removal)
that was put up it said something like sw8 was coming something to do with an invasion or some one traveling from a far?
any one still got a copy?

Sure this went with the Viking theory / theme idea?
then the wicker man could me a Viking figure with the horns?
or just a wicker man lol

TT Member
User

lil2710

by lil2710 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi first post so please be nice. I'm thinking that if the theme is going to be vikings it would still fit within mutiny bay it would just need touching up to fit in with a Viking theme or if the big statue is of the wicker man it could fit in with Katanga canyon as maybe some sort of voodoo.
TT Member
User

bendaboss

by bendaboss » Mon May 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Nice to see new people! i think your right also if it was in gloomy wood (doubt it!) i thnk that would be cool as i love gloomy wood as an area :D and would love to see an extension and for sw8 to be in GW (again in my dreams!)
ha ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah h ah
TT Member
User

towerslover

by towerslover » Mon May 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Will be interesting to see which way it goes and where it ends up in terms of areas. If it's in mutiny bay - which looks most likely imo - it will be seen and heard from the Rapids/KC so I really hope it does not ruin the atmosphere of that area!
PreviousNext