UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 436
Joined: April 2016

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Something weird I've noticed with the theming structure is the scale. The head is tiny compared to the shoulders and if anything be connected with some wort of larger neck. Also, it appears the top half is a different colour to the rest of it, making it look a bit weird. Anyway, time will tell to see what it actually looks like. 
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4387
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:51 pm

Attraction Images have since posted a closer, high-resolution photo. A couple of observations: (i) the scaffolding around where I think the lift motor is located, with the possible enclosure of that area, and (ii) the installation of six (what appear to be) gas storage tanks in the corner of the former parking area (currently fenced off for construction).

Image


ThemeCrafter264 wrote:
Also, it appears the top half is a different colour to the rest of it, making it look a bit weird.

That would be because while the body has been constructed using timber-themed cladding, the head is made of metal - possibly to allow the use of fire.
Image
 
RobJackson85
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 29
Joined: January 2013

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:16 pm

They're definitely gas storage vessels. These pretty much confirm fire effects.
 
User avatar
Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1042
Joined: May 2017

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:35 pm

The more I look at the theming structure, the more confused I am... what really are they trying to create?? The size of the body in contrast with the size of the head, like ThemeCrafter264 pointed out, just seems so mismatched... perhaps it'll look more proportioned from the ground than it does from above.
Image

Image
Image
 
User avatar
Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1840
Joined: February 2013

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:39 pm

I don't think they are nitpicking about the proportions of the theming structure. Don't forget the width has to be wide enough for the track & all its supports to pass through it three times which is bound to make the "shoulders" extremely wide.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4387
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:49 pm

It could be an attempt at 'forced perspective', as by making the highest point (i.e. the head) proportionally smaller, it could make the the structure appear taller when viewed from ground level.
Image
 
User avatar
Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 2071
Joined: April 2014
Location: TTSP Forum
Contact:

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:56 pm

Some photos show off the structure well, but I believe the theming element will depict a heavily armoured creature/man, with spikes on the shoulders. It is a shame we can't see the other face, but with those gas canisters, the theming is looking promising!

Lewis makes a valid point though. From the ground I don't think we'll notice how wide the structure actually is and all will appear to be in scale.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 142
Joined: December 2016

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:28 am

I'm 99.999999..% sure that the rams head is on the back of a human-like head. You can see the shape of a humanoid head behind it. Those saying it will have two faces are correct I'm pretty sure. Which would still give the ride the Wickerman name.

Also, take note of the banking of the track coming out downwards of the centre of the structure! The first hill after the drop from the chain lift looks amazing!
 
dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 397
Joined: October 2012
Location: Here

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 am

T0mPr1ce wrote:
I'm 99.999999..% sure that the rams head is on the back of a human-like head. You can see the shape of a humanoid head behind it. Those saying it will have two faces are correct I'm pretty sure. Which would still give the ride the Wickerman name.

Also, take note of the banking of the track coming out downwards of the centre of the structure! The first hill after the drop from the chain lift looks amazing!

Yes, this is what is on the other side.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1540
Joined: February 2015
Location: Who knows?

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:14 pm

dazza4783 wrote:
T0mPr1ce wrote:
I'm 99.999999..% sure that the rams head is on the back of a human-like head. You can see the shape of a humanoid head behind it. Those saying it will have two faces are correct I'm pretty sure. Which would still give the ride the Wickerman name.

Also, take note of the banking of the track coming out downwards of the centre of the structure! The first hill after the drop from the chain lift looks amazing!

Yes, this is what is on the other side.
Image
Image


Wasn't it already agreed that this is far too small to be what is on the other side of the main statue?
Image
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

SeaWorld: From Park to Planet. Experience worlds of wonder, thrills and discovery.

SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!
 
User avatar
Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 2071
Joined: April 2014
Location: TTSP Forum
Contact:

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:24 pm

From what I can tell, there are two faces to the main structure and that pictured will be on the other side.
Image
Image
 
dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 397
Joined: October 2012
Location: Here

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:26 pm

MakoMania wrote:
dazza4783 wrote:
T0mPr1ce wrote:
I'm 99.999999..% sure that the rams head is on the back of a human-like head. You can see the shape of a humanoid head behind it. Those saying it will have two faces are correct I'm pretty sure. Which would still give the ride the Wickerman name.

Also, take note of the banking of the track coming out downwards of the centre of the structure! The first hill after the drop from the chain lift looks amazing!

Yes, this is what is on the other side.
Image
Image


Wasn't it already agreed that this is far too small to be what is on the other side of the main statue?

It was probably agreed that this is too small to be the structure itself, but it is what appears to be a scale model of the actual main theming structure. Most likely used for filming purposes. It has the same horns on the side of it's head, and even when the theming structure was covered you could clearly make out facial features on that side of it. It would be a little too coincidental if the main thing is not either exactly the same, or very similar to the picture above. It's possible that the "ritual" uses the Wicker Man statue as something like a gateway between worlds. The first time you go through it you enter the side of the ram, when coming back through it is the side of the man.
 
User avatar
T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 142
Joined: December 2016

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:31 pm

I agree Dazza, that smaller figure seems to be a replication of the main theming structure - will probably be used for offride theming in the queue or entrance plaza.
 
User avatar
Nutty Man
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 75
Joined: December 2017

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:34 pm

It would be good if it was used as the entrance, but looking at the picture I can't tell if there is any gap for you to be able to walk through, so I'm not absolutely certain.
The nemesis creature, lord of darkness, guy off the promo for galactica, th13teen woman Dr. Kelman and Big Bob have joined to take over the world.
 
User avatar
JC13
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 117
Joined: September 2017
Location: Yorkshire

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Nutty Man wrote:
It would be good if it was used as the entrance, but looking at the picture I can't tell if there is any gap for you to be able to walk through, so I'm not absolutely certain.


It won’t be the entrance. It may have an entrance like Th13teen’s, and have this above the entrance, but I think this is being used for filming purposes
:sus:
 
User avatar
Nutty Man
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 75
Joined: December 2017

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:17 pm

JC13 wrote:
Nutty Man wrote:
It would be good if it was used as the entrance, but looking at the picture I can't tell if there is any gap for you to be able to walk through, so I'm not absolutely certain.


It won’t be the entrance. It may have an entrance like Th13teen’s, and have this above the entrance, but I think this is being used for filming purposes

Seems odd that they used it just for filming purposes, if they'd had that made I would expect they would use it more.
The nemesis creature, lord of darkness, guy off the promo for galactica, th13teen woman Dr. Kelman and Big Bob have joined to take over the world.
 
User avatar
Jack
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 2966
Joined: December 2012
Location: Solihull

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:52 pm

Just because it's big, it doesn't mean that needs to be the entrance ;) 

As long as the Wicker Man structure itself is easily viewable from the queue and plaza that can be seen in the photo, I feel like it should serve the purpose of being imposing and intimidating instead of being part of the queue. I don't think that would add anything to the ride at all in my honest opinion as you most likely wouldn't see out of it, or into it.

However I find the massive gas tanks promising for my favourite element of any ride, fire :P
Image
Image
 
User avatar
ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 294
Joined: March 2012
Location: Norfolk

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:18 pm

This image has been posted on Towerstreet forum credit to WickerManiac

Clearly shows the face on the other side and highlighted in red box the grills for the possibility of where the flames will be.
Last edited by Justin on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Photo removed.
 
User avatar
Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 2071
Joined: April 2014
Location: TTSP Forum
Contact:

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:29 pm

We are aware of some aerial photography circulating within the community. Due to the unauthorised methods used to take these photographs we ask that they are not shared on our forum.  Please feel free to discuss the contents of the photographs but do not link or embed them on our forum.

We thank you for your understanding.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1042
Joined: May 2017

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:35 pm

I think it looks a whole lot better from the back / face view. As for it being illegal... it's extraordinary the lengths some people will go to... :no: tut tut tut.

Looking closer... does anyone think it possible that the whole head could tip back and fourth... the face seems to be facing the sky maybe a little too much for it to be seen from the ground. There also seems to be room for it to tip back and forward...
Image

Image
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests