UK theme parks from another point of view!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8 Construction Discussion

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:24 pm

I like how they have put in a staircase/bridge over the sound tunnel at the station, could that be the exit to shop? Most likely staff access
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:26 pm

That looks to be how you exit the station and get to baggage before heading to the shop. :)

rolicoli8
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Ladyofthelake wrote:
Bert2theSpark wrote:
S.J_O'Grady wrote:
Is Ben and Jerry's supposed to still be there? I kind of assumed it'd be demolished but it's still looking pretty untouched?

The Ben & Jerry's stand was the only building that survived demolishion, I think it'll open as a Nitrogenie when the new season starts though, Because I don't see Towers having two different brands of the same product.

It's entirely possible that Ben & Jerrys could return - Thorpe still have both Nitrogenie and Ben & Jerrys. I suspect it will depend on if Towers still have a licence to sell the Ben and Jerrys brand on site.

Anyone know if they're still selling it in the hotels?

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 pm

They have the machines in the park, but I'm not sure about the hotels?

It makes me wonder if the stand will be used for F&B, serving something hot and spicy?

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:33 am

"Worlds first shop dedicated to Seabrooks crisps"
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1126!
Cred count: 73!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Latest update. Here we can see the shop interior has started, the first look at the trains and how the tunnels are now almost all enclosed! Credit to Attraction Images - see more from them here.

Loakin
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:25 pm

First I notice is the train looks different from the reveal image, and is definitely a millennium flyer train, which is great to see!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Every time I see a Wicker Man update, it makes me get just that little bit more excited about riding it. It really is shaping up to be a fantastic addition to the resort.

That being said, I do hope they do something with the wall surrounding the first turn out of the station. At the moment it just looks like bare concrete so I hope they clad it with theming between now and opening day.
Credit to the BubbleBoi

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:12 pm

I was hoping that the firsts turn out of the station was going two end up enclosed, looks like we won’t be getting much of a ‘pre-show’ otherwise unless a train is held in the room for a while

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Dan wrote:
I do hope they do something with the wall surrounding the first turn out of the station. At the moment it just looks like bare concrete so I hope they clad it with theming between now and opening day.

Likewise. Although it does appear that the concrete walls below the station building have had a sort of green scenic paint applied, so we may be seeing something similar on the remaining bare concrete, especially with what looks to be a scaffold platform still up against one of the walls, suggesting that this work is ongoing.

Attraction Images has since posted a couple more photos too:

I've noticed several 'posts' appearing around the site, such as around the perimeter of the plaza area and along the route of the queue line - you can see a couple in the close-up image directly above; one just cut off in the very top-left corner and another next to the queue between where it goes under the hill and lift motor house (seen just over the lift hill track). I do wonder whether these could be large sort of torches, featuring either real or simulated fire.

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Whether it is just me, but does it look like speakers are being installed?
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 pm

It is looking very, very impressive. I have a lot of high hopes for the finished product. Let's hope it sets the bar in terms of the standards we expect from a themed attraction!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:45 pm

The below photo has been posted on Instagram by @therollercoasterproject and shows us a view of the Wicker Man from ground level. It looks mighty impressive!

Credit to the BubbleBoi

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:48 pm

That looks (Insert a naughty word here) awesome.
[Insert Signature Here]

ATI
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:04 pm

I've just noticed that the train is missing it's zero car, which is why it looks different.
We were born to fly...

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Dan wrote:
The below photo has been posted on Instagram by @therollercoasterproject and shows us a view of the Wicker Man from ground level. It looks mighty impressive!

Can we be sure that the ride has begun testing given that there is still scaffolding blocking the track?

Don't know when this was taken but the testing claim by the ECC was made nearly a month and a half ago.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

SeaWorld has rescued over 33,000 animals in need!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:16 pm

MakoMania wrote:
Can we be sure that the ride has begun testing given that there is still scaffolding blocking the track?

Looks to be an old photo as there are no sound walls up on the helix behind the Wicker Man.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:19 pm

MakoMania wrote:

Don't know when this was taken but the testing claim by the ECC was made nearly a month and a half ago.

As far as I can tell, the scaffolding has been erected in such a way that it still provides a clearance envelope for the train to pass through. The scaffolding may well be there in order for the finishing touches to be applied to the effects but I don’t see any reason why the coaster itself can’t be tested while the scaffolding is up.

Given that the photos posted above by Owen show the train poking out of the station, we can safely assume that testing has indeed started, but, as you say, we don’t know when that photo was taken.
Credit to the BubbleBoi

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:44 pm

To add to the timescale of the ground level picture.. if you look at previous pictures taken from an airplane, (or drone), the scaffolding hasn't been there for 2 or so weeks as to what I can find.. also as Lewis states, the sound walls on the helix aren't up..

Also, I'm still curious as to why there needs to be sound tunnels for the Maintenace Shed entrance and exit to the station? What could be the possible reasons? I do believe there is more to this ride than we know.. March cannot come sooner!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

JC13
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 pm

I saw the structure in person on Jan 2, and I’m pretty sure the scaffolding wasn’t there, and there were the sound walls up on the helix. How was this photo taken?
Complete credit goes to the BubbleBoi