UK theme parks from another point of view!

WallisDan
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Area Speculation and Discussion

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 pm

What are people's opinions on a retheme now? I think a retheme to Alton village/harbour would be cool. I don't think it will be too hard to retheme. Although, as said if it's not rethemed it's better than having a log flume themes to Imperial leather bath tubs!!!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8 Area Speculation and Discussion

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:32 pm

I have a strong feeling Mutiny Bay is going to be rethemed to Alton Village.

Capt. Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:44 pm

Well I mean if you think Merlin will fork out for an extensive retheme of Battle Galleons and the whole area sure! I personally doubt it completely.
Keep up with Virtual Towers Online on our social media!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:33 am

I must agree with that, Capt. Barnacles. Mutiny Bay has too many attractions which just wouldn't work as part of an Alton Village theme. Take Sharkbait Reef as an example. That wouldn't fit in well, and there is also all the pirate theming which would be costly to remove as Capt. B said. That said, I guess at this point, no one knows what will actually happen with this Alton Village retheme rumour.  :)

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:31 am

The area could be easily renamed something like Alton Harbour and still harbour (see what I did there :D) a pirate theme alongside SW8. It could be themed as a sort of port area with SW8 being ‘The Village’ further inland.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Yes, I agree that would be a way they can do a retheme, and to be honest, the more pirate theming the better, in my opinion.

Possibly another way they could do a retheme of the pirate stuff is just to make some minor alterations so that it looks more tribal. The Alton Village could be hosting a fair or something in honour of the Halloween celebrations that the residents of the village are taking part in? 

Also, I think a while back someone suggested that Mutiny Bay could be split into two areas, one being the courtyard the other the remaining area of the land, which I think is quite a possible way to do a retheme and would also work with what you said, Tom.

RobJackson85
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Just to be awkward, but I see people keep saying the Mutiny Bay has too many attractions, what are they? To me there just is Battle Galleons, Sharkbait Reef and the old teacups.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:50 pm

RobJackson85 wrote:
Just to be awkward, but I see people keep saying the Mutiny Bay has too many attractions, what are they? To me there just is Battle Galleons, Sharkbait Reef and the old teacups.

You’re forgetting the fantastical mega-thrill ride that is Heave Ho.

Bexa
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:52 pm

RobJackson85 wrote:

There is that ship that spins around while moving on a track. can't remember its name though

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Bexa wrote:
RobJackson85 wrote:

There is that ship that spins around while moving on a track. can't remember its name though

I refer you to my above post :)

RobJackson85
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:54 pm

My bad. Haha. In all seriousness though, a retheme wouldn't be that much, would it concerning the total SW8 cost - who know's, the price may already be in with the budget.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:13 pm

I guess the cost would just depend on what extent they wanted to change things.