UK theme parks from another point of view!

TTSP Community Awards 2017
Results have now been announced. Click here!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Wicker Man Area Speculation and Discussion

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Wagstaff04 wrote:
I think that only Gloomy Wood will be rethemed, with Duel perhaps being tweaked to say that the zombies are the corpses of the former ‘chosen ones’. 

I really don’t think Wicker Man will be in Gloomy Wood. Considering the entrance is directly opposite the Mutiny Bay Courtyard, it’ll be part of Mutiny Bay itself (whether we see any form of retheme or not).

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Dan wrote:
Wagstaff04 wrote:
I think that only Gloomy Wood will be rethemed, with Duel perhaps being tweaked to say that the zombies are the corpses of the former ‘chosen ones’. 

I really don’t think Wicker Man will be in Gloomy Wood. Considering the entrance is directly opposite the Mutiny Bay Courtyard, it’ll be part of Mutiny Bay itself (whether we see any form of retheme or not).

But the map says its in Gloomy Wood
Unite with the Chosen Ones...
Come with us...
17 March

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:31 pm

I've shared my thoughts before, but I believe that we will see no retheme of Mutiny Bay. If any retheme takes place, I do agree that Gloomy Wood (Haunted Hollows) will be partly rethemed up to Duel and become part of Wicker Man. To be honest, I'm just expecting a visually spectacular ride which is not associated with any area.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:32 pm

I think now that MB courtyard and Wicker Man will just form it's own section of the park as a sub-area to Mutiny Bay. 

I think it'll be called something like 'The Woods' or 'Alton Village' or maybe even try and combine it with Gloomy Wood to form 'Alton Woods' but with The Tudor style half of Haunted Hollow and Duel then The Pagan style half with Wicker Man and the MB Courtyard.
[Insert Signature Here]

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Then what will happen to Katanga Canyon?
Come with us...
17 March

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:35 pm

The Haunted Hollows could easily be rethemed with a similar style to what is currently seen in 'The Welcoming'.

Wagstaff04 wrote:

Nothing. It will remain the same.

Jcoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Justin wrote:
The Haunted Hollows could easily be rethemed with a similar style to what is currently seen in 'The Welcoming'.

Wagstaff04 wrote:

Nothing. It will remain the same.

I think the haunted hollows rethemed is most likely if anything as it runs alongside the area of the coaster and would be simple to dress it up a bit and be a good excuse to update a dated attraction in my opinion

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:38 pm

It’ll be weird though, with these two areas being connected then a completely different one in between. 
Come with us...
17 March

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: SW8 Area Speculation and Discussion

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Owen wrote:

When I posted before, Owen produced this. It is more contained than you think :)

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Huh... guess so. 
Come with us...
17 March

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:23 pm

To be honest I did produce that in order to show why I didn’t think it’d work. To me it just seems like its a very odd ‘area’ considering you won’t see it’s headline attraction for what 60% of it.

Personally I’m anticipating either the front strip of pavement outside Wicker Man and the courtyard may become a sub-area of Mutiny Bay, then themed audio running up the new path until you are a decent distance away from the ride!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Owen wrote:
To be honest I did produce that in order to show why I didn’t think it’d work. To me it just seems like its a very odd ‘area’ considering you won’t see it’s headline attraction for what 60% of it.

Personally I’m anticipating either the front strip of pavement outside Wicker Man and the courtyard may become a sub-area of Mutiny Bay, then themed audio running up the new path until you are a decent distance away from the ride!

Yeah, you did but I do believe the picture also demonstrates how it could work ;)
I'm ruling out Mutiny Bay, only because it still houses 'The Welcoming' in the courtyard (which may still open) and the number of attractions which will have to be rethemed.