UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SW8 Area Speculation and Discussion

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Oh right, I only really remember the lively dancy bit from Welcoming :D
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

Azi889
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:03 pm

I reckon an Alton Village/harbour like mentioned above could work really well! From what we’ve been seeing the trailers remind me so much of the film the village. And it mentions the coming together/welcoming so it could definitley have a village feel to it near the haunted hollow.

If it was some sort of wicker man festival theme like a celebration maybe of a derelict village (thinking old bunting and worn down celebration signs kind of thing) I think this could both work well with the ride and help to tie in mutiny bay to a new area without it feeling a million miles away from either or theme.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:53 am

I'm looking forward to seeing how marketing addresses the area, if at all. From the discussions of this forum and others, we're all going to be disappointed if it turns out to be another Flume situation where it is not attached to any area. Mutiny Bay and Haunted Hollows are the two areas I think a possible retheme could occur, although I am hoping for the Haunted Hollows more so!

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:19 am

I have a feeling that it's going to end up going down the smiler route with a heavily themed area that extends to about 5 feet from the ride. I feel as if getting near it will announce its presence but I don't think we're going to see some grand theme change to the area around it. Maybe a slight push to make it fit in better but it doesn't seem to me as if it's going to be drastic.

Azi889
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:22 pm

I’m looking forward to seeing how they encorporate the area into the marketing too it’s very much all about the flames and the chosen ones & the type at the moment. I wonder when we will see more or hear about a potential area theme or which is belongs too? I hope they don’t make it so it is just loosely connected to either or as the SW8 looks like it deserves its own area...we waited long enough for the wooden coaster we all wanted to bad

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:13 am

Just to remind everyone, the Alton harbor thing mentioned in the Welcomings description, was just bad grammar!
It was meant to say "The woods around Alton, Harbour a dark secret" or something to that effect!

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:06 pm

The harbour idea was touted about before details of The Welcoming were released.