UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Wicker Man Reviews & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Thu May 03, 2018 6:13 pm

TPC wrote:
During the pre-show when the runes around the room first light up I always felt a slight movement. I never figured out whether they blasted some air from the sides, or if it was purely the boom on the bass that they use at that time.

I also entered one time and it seemed like some smoke was in the room. But never saw it again.

They do use a smoke effect in the pre-show (just to show the lighting breaking through the thatching), but I'm guessing the op forgot to spray some more (I believe its them who do it, not automatically). 
credit to sam!

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Ok so spoilers, i'm not a big rollercoaster nut, but I guess this is like an MCU movie to some of you here.

Talking of movies, I really like the idea of having the final 5 minute of que, be a video, sure it's basic, but it does what it needs to tell, and really sells the theme.

Talking of the theme, the Wicker Man, just wow, make no mistake The Smiler is my favourite ride, but in the age of smart phones and social media, it lacks a visual centre piece. The Wicker Man on the other hand, has a giant Wicker Man, it's early days true, but right now, it looks amazing, and quite unique. The Rams head in the pre show is also really cool.

It is a really fun ride, but there are a couple of things that bugged me about it:
  •  The "hut" for the pre show, is too small, the staff are pushing people forward, to the point they can't see the screen.
  •   The staff have the best merch, going in I knew of course there would be a shop with mugs with t-shirts, and the long sleeve t-shirt the staff wears look great. So much better than what was in the store.
Talking of the store, I may have splurged.

At this point I'm going to be honest and say I dont know how to do a proper review of a rollercoaster, other than to say, it's a strong mid range rollercoaster, taken oven the top with strong theme and amazing over all design. I rode it 3 times over 2 day (Smiler, 8 times), so it is a really fun ride.
Last edited by wamdue on Fri May 11, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 9:27 pm

I also saw staff urging people to go too far forward and then when the doors closed there was lots of space at the back and those at the front struggled to see.

A bit odd, but hopefully something that will sort itself out as everyone gets more experienced.
Formerly TPC

:sus:

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 9:46 pm

TPC wrote:
I also saw staff urging people to go too far forward and then when the doors closed there was lots of space at the back and those at the front struggled to see.

A bit odd, but hopefully something that will sort itself out as everyone gets more experienced.

No question at all, it's early days, it can be improved. I'm sure it will be, but the general public can be unhelpful at the best of times, but for a ride which hits everything else bang on, this one nail seems to have not been hit by the hammer.
Last edited by Justin on Sat May 12, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling and punctuation