UK theme parks from another point of view!

Welcome to the all new TTSP Forum!
We are still working some magic behind the scenes, your patience is requested.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: 2015-2019: Possible Developments?

Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Count-Vonduel wrote:
Do you think realistically it will get back to 2008-2014 standards in 2018 because I genuinely can't tell at this point!
As far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't get back to that standard by 2018 then (in my opinion) thinking it will improve is stupid but since I am very much disenfranchised on this issue, what is your genuine opinion on this?

I would have made a new topic but I doubt it needs one.

Simple answer, no, it won't ever be the same. The park will have changed over the years anyways, and so you can not compare 2018 to 2008. People are being too sentimental over the park and its sentimentality that will cause the park to not progress in a way that it needs to do. Its all well and good being sentimental about the rides, but if the business was to do that, people would get bored with the park. So whilst I appreciate the need and wanting for things to be like they were, they never will.

As for 2018, SW8 will be an awesome addition and i'm sure that what ever the park has planned for 2018 will be for the benefit of the park and I for one am very excited to see what the future holds for the park.

Azi889
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:33 pm

Id love to see some of the things from the original concepts for the dark first realised. I remember seeing some images when we first heard about the themeing of the area which had some kind of twisted tree trunk arms ride. I love thirteen and they've given Rita a different story to fit into the area but I feel like there's much more which could be done In the area to strengthen the theme. Especially with something like a flat.

Also from a personal point of view I will miss the flume so would love another kind of water ride seeing as we have lost he flume to a coaster. Exiciting things to come in the future though I'm sure :)

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:26 pm

There are some things that should be sentimental, and some things that shouldn't. Pleasure beach has half and half balance, and I don't really get bored there, Towers doesn't have many older coasters, however you can argue that the rides that have been removed are rather poor/unpopular. You've also got to consider the case of rides such as Thunder Looper and the restrictions.

Simple way to think of it is like a shop. You stock the most popular items that bring in the most profit/make the most business sense. Over time these will become less popular, and people won't buy them as much anymore. You wouldn't buy more stock to just sit on the shelves. In coaster terms, you wouldn't want to pay for rides insurance, maintenance and staffing if it didn't do anything for the park.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:39 pm

I know this will never happen but i would really like to see GW expanded. Then add a flat or two, then a small scary water ride into GW. A big flat ride to replace ripsaw and another flat in FV, and a flat ride to replace submission(I loved submission! :cry: ). A small extension to DF add flats. And (the most unlikely,)an extension to adventure land with another kid ride and a flat ride.
Welcome. to...oblivion HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.You belong to the smiler!

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:43 pm

Well apparently SW8 is to be apart of Gloomy Wood, but at this point, who knows?... also, Duel is to get TLC soon. So maybe new stuff in Gloomy Wood isn't impossible, just quite unlikely!