UK theme parks from another point of view!

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Future of Nemesis Sub-Terra

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:22 am

They'll want it back open for Fireworks though, there's a period where anywhere beyond The Towers is shut on Fireworks nights and all the thrillseekers get pushed into Forbidden Valley. In that time they need every ride open for capacity, I've seen Nemesis and Air on 1.30 hour queues at that time.
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

thi3teenloverboy14
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:35 am

What will solve the problem is seatbelts with a grab bar a bit like Tower Of Terror. It can easily solve the larger guest problem as seat belts are adjustable to each rider! Having the grab bar would add extra comfort and something to hold onto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:49 pm

Looks like its staying closed for the remainder of the season. Twitter post here!

Alton Towers Twitter wrote:
Sub Terra is likely to remain closed for the remainder of the season we're afraid, due to ongoing maintenance.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:14 am

Hope it doesn't turn into Saw Alive
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 30,000 animals in need!

Capt. Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:59 am

Somehow given the actual ride aspect of N:ST I doubt it'll turn into a scarefest only ride, considering that Towers have stated there's maintenance problems tells me that something's gone seriously wrong. Sub-Terra as a whole hasn't had much luck this season, I believe it's spent more than half the season closed now, as it had some downtime at the beginning of the season if I'm not mistaken? I think Towers are just taking the decision that since this year's already a write off, they're not going to bother reopening on the off chance that it suffers any more downtime. I could be completely wrong of course, but that's just my idea.
Keep up with Virtual Towers Online on our social media!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:50 pm

Alton Towers have confirmed on Twitter that N:ST will not be re opening at all this year: https://twitter.com/altontowers/status/ ... 5951582208

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:33 am

Staff member said the ride was closed because the corridor section on the end was falling apart and needed overhauling to comply with health and safety rules. Make of that information what you will! I dunno.

OhShambhala
TT Member
TT Member

Nemesis-Sub Terra retheme?

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Do you think Sub-Terra will get a retheme anytime soon? Would you want it to happen and why, and if so, what would you theme it to?

Personally I think a stranger things retheme would be incredible! It could be like dropping into the upside down.
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Nemesis-Sub Terra retheme?

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:45 pm

I think a retheme would be costly, and with it being an expensive ride in terms of staff time/requirement etc I'll bet they will just aim to get it open.

At least I hope they do, I'm one of the few who misses it.

I can't imagine a retheme but I could potentially see a few tweaks here and there :)

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:57 pm

I think a retheme may be more money than Merlin are willing to re-invest into the attraction but it's something I have thought about myself recently.

I'm not one for filling parks with IPs but I think a Prison Break retheme could be incredible.

Whether it would fit into Forbidden Valley is another matter, however :lol
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 30,000 animals in need!

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:11 pm

If more rides are going to get rethemes in FV, then that would leave The Blade (which might be removed soon) as the only ride that actually fits the FV Nemesis theme!

So I would say it's unlikely.
And what would happen when the creature appeared?

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Have merged with existing topic relating to Nemesis Sub-Terra's future.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:25 pm

MakoMania wrote:
Whether it would fit into Forbidden Valley is another matter, however :lol

To be honest I don't really think the Forbidden Valley makes much sense as it is, so what harm could it do :lol

I personally don't see a retheme anytime soon - especially not to an IP.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:01 pm

I don't see a retheme either. Honestly, if they got Sub Terra back up and to the standard it was running in 2012, I'd be really glad to see it back as it is. It beefs up the Nemesis story too. I'd hate an IP retheme, not only do I not watch many of the shows the forumers have said but it doesn't need it at all in my opinion.
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:31 pm

Sub Terra is certainly another "Marmite" ride with guests. Personally, I love the concept and really hope it reopens next season. I doubt that it will see any changes, apart from the restraints problem which hopefully should be ironed out as part of "TLC". As NemesisRider says, it offers a nice back story to a classic ride and it would be tragic if they added an IP to the attraction!

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:46 pm

In my opinion Sub-Terra is a very underrated ride, its got a cool story and even decent theming inside it. The problem i think is aimed at the actual "ride" section, it is too short and doesn't pack a punch in the drop. I personally think they should add another drop sequence to give the illusion that the monster is pulling its victims back down to avoid them escaping.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Azi889
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:38 pm

I hope that they don't get rid of sub terra as apart from the fact that there was the investment I think it's a good ride to do before nemesis and adds to the theme of the area, the end part always scares me but I love the drop part and think it should stay
Last edited by Ladyofthelake on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed asterisked swearing

mark_h
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:50 am

theparklifekid wrote:
I personally think they should add another drop sequence to give the illusion that the monster is pulling its victims back down to avoid them escaping.

I think the drop tower is a single drop/slow raise type so it would not be able to do a complex drop sequence.

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:38 pm

It would be good for Sub Terra to re-open as AT have got a few things that aren't currently operating and it's always a shame to see rides sitting closed (even though I'm not a fan). However with all the downtime, it does seem a little unlikely but I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

RyanJames
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:34 pm

This might be a bit of a dumb question, and I'm sure I know what the answer will be but;
Will Sub-Terra be open for Scarefest? I'm gonna assume it won't be, but I thought I'd ask anyway!

Also I wasn't sure which topic to put this in, sorry if it's the wrong one!
@therealrnixon