UK theme parks from another point of view!

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Future of Nemesis Sub-Terra

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:54 am

After such a long closure it would be possible that they reopen as an abandoned Phalanx base, that way they could get away with effect scares in the final maze section.

Also they wouldn't even have to dust it!

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:29 am

I do think if N:ST was to open again (this year, next year, whenever) it will not have actors in. We have seen what's happened with attractions that require actors (Saw Alive, I'm a Celebrity) and how quickly they are turned into seasonal attractions. I know that this isn't a dedicated maze unlike the previous ones stated but it would require actors for the full part of the season.

If it is opened again, It think it would rely on lighting, sound effects and maybe some theming elements to add to the finale of the ride to show the aftermath of the attack. Just something to not make it as plain as it was before the Maze was added. The only actors I could see are the ride hosts which we already have who check the restraints and guide you to the next point.

Again, I don't think it will be a fully actor dedicated attraction but will add something to compensate for the lack of actors :)
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:14 am

The actors were removed from the final section before the ride closed. The only Phalanx operators in role were in the preshow, although this was more for batching. There were also hosts in the ride area, therefore, the number of people operating it had been reduced.

I really hope it makes a return :)

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 am

Justin wrote:
The actors were removed from the final section before the ride closed. The only Phalanx operators in role were in the preshow, although this was more for batching. There were also hosts in the ride area, therefore, the number of people operating it had been reduced.

I really hope it makes a return :)

Ah, I was not aware of this, thanks Justin. Hopefully we will see a return soon. It's been disappointing to see it closed throughout the last few seasons. Let's hope when/if it makes a return, it brings back that thrill that it once gave to the GP
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am

It all depends on the restraints. I believe I was on one of the last, if not last ride before it closed and they were really struggling to get the lock lights engaged. I recall it had been reworked that season too.

FoxyRides
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:07 am

Havent seen a post in here in a while! Anybody have any other opinions about sub? Personally i would love to see it open again

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:13 pm

I second this, personally I kinda think that if it doesn't reopen next season, its not coming back.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

FoxyRides
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Yeah, I was honestly starting to think the same, especially as we just havent heard anything at all for over a year and the building isn’t being maintained either. Who knows they might do a 5th Dimension and just rewrite and change it all.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Have Towers actually announced the full ride lineup for this year? 

If Sub Terra is not coming back in 2018 then I believe there is a very slim chance it'll reopen in 2019. 

If it gets removed I could see another indoor flat/dark ride to replace it, I could see the Duelling Deadstar concept working in that space.
[Insert Signature Here]

RobHand
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:40 pm

theparklifekid wrote:
I second this, personally I kinda think that if it doesn't reopen next season, its not coming back.

I was trying to be optimistic about it opening again this season. But with the later opening times and further cut backs announced, I don’t think it’s likely they would re open an attraction which isn’t really a crowd drawer /:

It’s sad to think really as it looked like a really fun attraction, and the fact I never got the chance to ride it as it was either closed... or closed when I visited ...

But I too agree that of it doesn’t open this season (which it’s not looking like it will) I don’t think it’s coming back.

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:42 pm

I never got the chance to go on Sub Terra, but its sad to see a ride close after 2 and a 1/2 years of operation close. I personally hope it’ll reopen soon. 

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Looking at the recent announcement wit ref to staggard ride opening and the seasonal operational of the Rapids, I don't give much hope at all for NST 

I think we can quiet safely say it won't be opening anytime in the foreseeable future

Adam W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:12 pm

Not sure if it's already confirmed but I asked if it'd be open this season and got the following response:

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Well that's a shame, oh well there's always next season.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:01 pm

I think we have to accept the fact that Merlin have no plans to re-open Nemesis: Sub-Terra, at all.

It’s a shame, as it’s an attraction that I actually enjoyed, but it almost never had a queue and was ridiculously labour intensive, and this is without considering the ride system issues they were experiencing when it closed in 2015.

I would love to see it re-open, but I’m 99.9% sure that its day is done.

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:17 pm

I'm just wondering why they would say it's under TLC? 
Hopefully if this season is a big success they might take the risk and try to reopen it, maybe rebrand it as a new attraction like Nemesis Sub Terra: Unearthed.

Be Chosen...

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:32 pm

It is such a shame. I really enjoyed Nemesis: Sub-Terra too. It opening again is not looking good!

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Yeah it is starting to get pretty worrying, how many seasons has it been closed? I think it's three but I'm not sure.

Be Chosen...

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:11 pm

TheBeornen wrote:
Yeah it is starting to get pretty worrying, how many seasons has it been closed? I think it's three but I'm not sure.

It closed in the summer of 2015 and has been closed ever since. At this point it’s been closed for 2 1/2 seasons, so when you consider the fact it was only open for 3 1/2 seasons before it closed, it really does look unlikely it’ll operate again.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:38 pm

I can see it being given an IP retheme similar to what has been done with X at Thorpe for 2020/2021.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

SeaWorld: From Park to Planet. Experience worlds of wonder, thrills and discovery.

SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!