UK theme parks from another point of view!

Doublethink
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dark ride ideas

Fri May 25, 2018 11:26 am

My feeling in enclosing The Smiler is that it would be a lot of cost for not much benefit. Something like Air is in far more need of investment/retheming.

I'm hoping for something in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory building. A indoor water ride would be quite nice with the lack of log flumes in the park - I would love something Valhalla-esque.

Guitar
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 25, 2018 6:41 pm

I agree with you entirely, it probably would be a lot of cost for not a lot of benefit, I personally think that a dark coaster is something that the park should have, Smiler just happens to have the right track layout to do it with a fairly standaard warehouse type structure.

With regards Valhalla I haven't ridden it myself but I have seen the on ride video and I think something similar would be a great addition to the park.

Air/Galactica my personal opinion is that its a great idea with, and I hate to say it, an awful track layout. It's meant to give the feeling of flight, but you spend half the track on your back like an upside down turtle or ladybird.

I'd like to see something like Chessington's Vampire combined with the Air harnesses, so you get the free swinging around the corners to give a proper feeling of flight with nice sweeping corners and drops.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Guitar wrote:
Air/Galactica my personal opinion is that its a great idea with, and I hate to say it, an awful track layout. It's meant to give the feeling of flight, but you spend half the track on your back like an upside down turtle or ladybird.

I'd like to see something like Chessington's Vampire combined with the Air harnesses, so you get the free swinging around the corners to give a proper feeling of flight with nice sweeping corners and drops.

I had a soft spot for Air. It was my first ever "upside down-y coaster". However I completely see what you mean about its layout. Doesn't make for a bad experience for me, but it certainly isn't "flying"!

Really like the idea of a swinging flying coaster though! I'd love for one of the big flying coaster manufacturers (likely either B&M or Vekoma) to look into something like that in the future!