UK theme parks from another point of view!

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Duel and the Gloomy Wood - A future?

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Scarlyboo22 wrote:
I think that Gloomy Wood should have a horror water ride. The horror element could make it really scary. It will bring some thrill seekers missing Nemesis Sub-Terra which at the rate it is going will probably never reopen. It could be indoor or outdoor.

Sorry, I just had to say, after the demolition of The Flume, I've been thinking of the exact same thing! Alton needs a new water ride, and it needs to be a thrilling ride at that. They would obviously have to replace the current building for a bigger one if it was to be a log flume, but I don't really see that happening, so it would probably be the Duel but the kart, and tracks replaced by a lazy river ride but that is a bit too similar to rapids, so if it were to be a water ride what kind would it be?
Ben

Scarlyboo22
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Duel: Retheme, Replace or Remove?

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 pm

I think it should probably be along the lines of a shorter flume with animatronics relative to the theming.

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:02 pm

I never thought of that, it’d be really cool If it was like the Edinburgh Dungeons but fleshed out more. I'm sure they could find some local story for it.

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 01, 2018 10:40 pm

I think it would be awesome if it was a water horror ride! Maybe it could be themed to the opposite god of the Wicker Man, and have it be themed around a water based god. I feel as if that would be a great addition and could help bring those two together into one section, so that Wicker Man is no longer 'near Mutiny Bay'. 

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri May 04, 2018 12:52 pm

I haven't been on Duel since it underwent TLC, but from the whispers i've heard from people, its not overlly great. I think its time they say goodbye to it and do something new. I do adore Duel, especially as the haunted house outside and indoor queue has some charm, but I think its time to do something new with the area if possible.
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook