Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Team Admin
User

Rob

Re: The Future Of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory; The Rid

by Rob » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:16 pm

missmarvel123 wrote:Maybe At could use the CATCF building to create an indoor rollercoaster.

I don't think the building would be big enough for an indoor coaster. There is the possibility that it could be partly used for a coaster and make the use of the old coaster corner.

The likelihood is we will see another retheme of the building and the existing ride infrastructure.

TT Member
User

jaybee85

by jaybee85 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:09 am

I would like to see it used as a new attraction in the Dark Forest area, as let's face it that area isn't exactly very dark at the moment lol. I'd have the facade of the building similar to how they've done the Thirteen showbuilding, so you go into a sort of crypt where the pre-show is, but then I'd have the ride itself as a forest (having the outdoors indoors would certainly make it dark). There'd be lots of gags along the route, for example one of the trees would suddenly fall into the water and create a big splash. There'd also be wraiths popping up all over the place.

TT Member
User

Maitland88

by Maitland88 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Guessing it's gonna be empty a while......
TT Member
User

1991troysmith

by 1991troysmith » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Has anyone suggested despicable me ride or something similar?

The front facade of Charlie and the chocolate factory ride could be Drew house and couple of neighbours to show the effect.

Que line could be waking thorough his house with interactions along the way, him a sleep on sofa etc. Then the main ride will be (the illusion it's underneath his house) obviously it's not. But this will allow guests to step into the factory/ test lab below which would be the main ride.

Even parts of Charlie could be upgraded and revamped to use for the factory/experimental rooms. Along the route obvisouly there be loads of minions. Lots of drops/turns and backwards shocks. Possibly a giant minion at then end with a large drop. Parts of the ride would pop back up into drew house, unaware of the carnage down stairs.

This ride could even have a different type of 4D guns installed onto them to catch the blue infected minions. Not like duel which I junk is a pointless attraction, (no interaction, nothing moves , lasers just green spots, pointless) this would make use of some screens and projection mapping that when targets are hit, the objects move or react. As well as protections change shape/create different animations etc. Also targets have different scores for different shapes.

This type of ride could also work on Duel.

This ride doesn't event have to be a boat ride. It could even be one of them floor-less track rides that spin different directions.

Either way, The Gruffalo Ride is good, but isn't going to cut it. Merlin really need to spend the budget here like Darren Brown, as Alton is classed as the uk best theme park. Both Duel and Charlie Need to be completely improved and designed to such a better standard. It's just embarrassing now compared to theme parks Abroad. Which many customers would have gone to at least one of these parks in there time. We haven't got one good dark ride.

Duel like a tacky fair ground attraction. I'm upset TLC have been told to improve inside there as it all needs ripping out now and starting again. Budget needs to be increased it's just to tacky and basic now. with no purpose and silly guns, that now any consumer expects more than a rubbish scoring system and a buzzing sound from a green flash on the wall.

Sorry for poor spelling and punctuation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:06 am

I can pretty much guarantee that a Despicable Me ride won't come to the park. Universal holds the rights to the brand. So unless AT is brought by Universal, its not happening.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
TT Member
User

1991troysmith

by 1991troysmith » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:24 pm

theparklifekid wrote:I can pretty much guarantee that a Despicable Me ride won't come to the park. Universal holds the rights to the brand. So unless AT is brought by Universal, its not happening.

Ok I didn't realise, as others said dream works etc. It's just a suggestion, or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Previous