Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

SW9

TT Member
User

Stan.H

Re: SW9

by Stan.H » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:24 pm

MerlinFan wrote:What's the definition of a 4D coaster?

They also have restraints (if B&M) like Air, only your seat doesn't tilt you facing down!!
Creds to NemesisRider!

Scarefest 2017 Hype Kicking in... all because of Rita Fan
TT Member
User

MerlinFan

by MerlinFan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:18 pm

Thanks guys - that really helps. Maybe someone should create a glossary thread for the jargon that people like me could access? I couldn't find anything like that in the forums.
TT Member
User

Adam.W

by Adam.W » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Emporium wrote:
MerlinFan wrote:What's the definition of a 4D coaster?

They also have restraints (if B&M) like Air, only your seat doesn't tilt you facing down!!

Still possible though, you never know ;)
TT Member
User

Stan.H

by Stan.H » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:17 pm

MerlinFan wrote:Thanks guys - that really helps. Maybe someone should create a glossary thread for the jargon that people like me could access? I couldn't find anything like that in the forums.

I love that idea, PM an Admin member!
Creds to NemesisRider!

TT Member
User

Adam.W

by Adam.W » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:58 pm

I'd love a 4D coaster, I don't think we have one in the UK yet :D
TT Member
User

definedancing

by definedancing » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:47 pm

I'd love a 4D coaster too, although would it be a European first or just a UK one?
TT Member
User

Stan.H

by Stan.H » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:24 pm

definedancing wrote:I'd love a 4D coaster too, although would it be a European first or just a UK one?

If they did do that though, it would be very gimmicky and it would be needing incredible themeing!
Creds to NemesisRider!

TT Member
User

Adam.W

by Adam.W » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Or a very good coaster :)

Nemesis hasn't got amazing theming, but is still arguably the best ride on park. The terrain is decent and stuff, but the coaster itself is what makes a bulk of it :)

Where would a 4D coaster go though? Either in the valley, gloomy wood (?) could work as something that has been taken over by the haunts of something or another. Or it could be in DF, with a similar sort of idea, and would probably end up replacing rita and filling in the space where corky was and the area behind that. Hopefully some good theming too :)
TT Member
User

SPAD

by SPAD » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:08 pm

has anyone considered the possibility of switching the ride crafts on air for 4D ones?? is that even possible?!
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:25 pm

SPAD wrote:has anyone considered the possibility of switching the ride crafts on air for 4D ones?? is that even possible?!

To my knowledge, no.
TT Member
User

TH14TEEN

by TH14TEEN » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:55 am

Doubt it would work due to the limited space I tunnels either side of the track.

TT Member
User

stealthsmiler

by stealthsmiler » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:16 am

Also the track is inverted so it wouldnt be possible due to the supports.
TT Member
User

Stan.H

by Stan.H » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:32 pm

I have just thought up a crazy concept... A wooden suspended launch coaster or a wooden suspended coaster!!! :P
Creds to NemesisRider!

TT Member
User

Adam.W

by Adam.W » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Oh wow :lol If SW8 is a woodie then it won't be that :P

It would be fairly difficult to get it supported, as you would be surrounded by wood :lol
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Surely this topic should be saved until after Secret Weapon 8 has opened? I mean surely the main future topic would be a better place to speculate it considering SW8 hasn't even had its plans come up?

Just my opinion, but I don't know, just think this is a topic that is pretty pointless at this point when such ideas can be discussed elsewhere! Here for example ;)
TT Member
User

Stan.H

by Stan.H » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:59 pm

If SW8 is a woodie, SW9 is more likely to replace The Flume, so I'd like maybe a Water Coaster or a new dark ride. Or maybe somthing to replace Charlie (&TCF).
Creds to NemesisRider!

TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:01 pm

after SW9 they should call SW10, SWX! you know as in x = 10 but in roman numerals... ok i will just go...
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Towards the beggining of this topic someone mentioned a Mack water coaster. Although this probably wouldn't be a SW, they could have a Mack water coaster that inverts? I don't know if this would be possible or I don't even know if it's already done somewhere but I think it would be good. The only thing is, I wouldn't class a water ride as something on a SW standard but this would have a worlds first which is what most of the SW's are! What do you think?
Ride count 2017: 15!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 526!
Cred count: 62!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!
TT Member
User

xylyx

by xylyx » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:19 pm

I like the idea, even as a none sw it would just be nice to have a more up to date water ride in that space.

You could always market it as the world's first none sw secret weapon :D
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:47 pm

smileradvocate1 wrote:Towards the beggining of this topic someone mentioned a Mack water coaster. Although this probably wouldn't be a SW, they could have a Mack water coaster that inverts? I don't know if this would be possible or I don't even know if it's already done somewhere but I think it would be good. The only thing is, I wouldn't class a water ride as something on a SW standard but this would have a worlds first which is what most of the SW's are! What do you think?

With the flume not opening in 2016 and possibly going to be removed there is quite a high chance
Ride count 2017: 15!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 526!
Cred count: 62!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!
PreviousNext