UK theme parks from another point of view!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Future Of Th13teen

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:44 pm

I do agree, there are some good ride experiences to be had in Dark Forest, but the actual theming of the land is a bit lack lustre. It's good that Towers have given it some TLC recently, but the whole area still looks as if it needs a bit of an overhaul... Thirteen's theming however, is especially good.

bendaboss
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 pm

This will never happen but i would love for the track before the drop to be longer, and what would be awesome is that if the backwards part of the ride had a corkscrew.
You belong to the smiler...Welcome to oblivion...NEMESIS!

Vladimir Bobinski
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 am

Same thing as above really, it's a fun overall ride experiance, despite the horrific marketing strategy, I think that's been forgotten now.

If anything if there was a way they could extend the outdoor ride layout or improve it so that last section wasn't so slow, the weakest part of the ride is the last half of the outdoor section.  Can't see it happening though.

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:17 pm

I'm sure if the trims were turned off the outdoor section would be improved massively.
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Smiler313 wrote:
I'm sure if the trims were turned off the outdoor section would be improved massively.

They can't turn the trims off.

The reason they were fitted/turned on was because the train was reaching the 2nd lift hill too quickly which was causing the ride to shut down.

Yes the trims are annoying but they aid reliability massively.

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Aha right! I knew they have to keep them on but I don't know why... Thanks Dan!
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

wakey1512
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:14 am

Dan wrote:
Smiler313 wrote:

They can't turn the trims off.

The reason they were fitted/turned on was because the train was reaching the 2nd lift hill too quickly which was causing the ride to shut down.

Yes the trims are annoying but they aid reliability massively.

I know this isn't likely to ever happen so please take this comment as tongue in cheek - but wouldn't it be nice if the trims were removed and the outdoor section extended significantly? That way you will still enter the second lift hill at an appropriate speed while enjoying more outdoor track and excellent airtime on the first hump. When riding thirteen i feel disappointed for two reasons - the numbed down experience with the trims and the lack of real 'outdoor' proper rollercoastering experience. There is only 20 seconds of the ride that is outdoors (if you exclude the lift hill). This ride could utilise the terrain hugging banked turns much more.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:19 pm

The trouble is, extending any ride will increase queue times. I love the idea of Th13teen's outdoor section being longer though, especially with more airtime!

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:17 pm

i'm sure on the original plans the outdoor section was longer but due to budget the ride length was scaled back.

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Does anyone have a link to the original plans.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:59 pm

We have what I believe are the plans originally submitted to SMDC on our archived SW6 site, however the layout they show does appear to be what was built.