Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

TT Member
User

SJW

Re: How much longer will Hex last?

by SJW » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Many, many years!

TT Member
User

Muppet738

by Muppet738 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:54 am

Hopefully many more years my 3 year old daughter loves it but my 9 year old son get scared just queueing for it
TT Member
User

N_B

by N_B » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Well, I hope the rumours are false and it's operational next year cos I've finally managed to persuade my sister to come with me, and that's one if about 4 rides she's agreed to go on ](*,)
TT Member
User

Master_feedback

by Master_feedback » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Would be nice to have the rain working all the time Ive only. Been on it 1s in the last 3 or 4 years when its actually been working. ... bet lots don't even know it should rain when the thunder and lightning happens!

TT Member
User

abigsmurf

by abigsmurf » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Rumours of it being mothballed but it doesn't strike me as a ride that needs replacing. It's fun, unusual and it's a ride to go on to get out of the rain.

I've never seen it broken down and it's in a very limited space that likely has lots of strict planning controls. I can't imagine you could lay foundations in the area with ease to replace it with a AAA attraction. If you wanted a big AAA dark ride, it would make more sense to use the Duel building.

That said, they could upgrade it or re-tool it to something like the Circumotion from Dynamic Attractions.

TT Member
User

jaybee85

by jaybee85 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:11 pm

The only possible reason I could see that they would ever consider to get rid of it would be maintenance cost. It's not like when the effects stop working on other rides. Because the attraction itself IS the effect. And there are a lot of effects elements that all have to sync together to pull off the illusion.

It has a relatively quick throughput, but one of the best designed queues, as the story-telling starts straight away it feels like you are immediately in the experience. And it's a rewarding experience too.

It's one of their best attractions in terms of execution. It's so unique in the UK, and so quintessentially Towers.

Because of it's association with the Towers, both in storyline and physical location, it's pretty permanently embedded into the park and it's culture. Obviously they can't relocate the Towers themselves lol (and there is absolutely no way they'd ever be permitted to demolish them!), and the majority of the attraction takes place within. The show building, which has a relatively small footprint, is located in a part of the park that isn't currently utilised by guests or other attractions anyway, and it's highly unlikely that they will be that pushed for sites for future developments that they would need to resort to expanding out to these areas.

It has the added advantages of being dry in the miserable winter months and cool in the baking summer months. And its also relatively calm and quiet in there too. Those sorts of things do make a difference to some guests.

All in all, I doubt it will be going anywhere anytime soon.
Previous