UK theme parks from another point of view!

Cobby
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Oblivion's 20th/21st

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:04 pm

So I was thinking the other day and realised that next year will be Oblivion's 20th birthday. Do you think we will see some signage/merch changes like we did for Nemesis or do you think it would be the year after with SW8 opening, if they celebrate it at all. Personally I would like to see the 20th celebrated instead of the 21st because I think it would work better with the Oblivion logo. I made this quick idea in Photoshop of how the logo could work for the 20th but I can't see it fitting so well for the 21st. I was just wondering what everyone else's opinion was :D

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Oblivion's 20th/21st

Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:10 pm

If they did celebrate the 21st instead, they could turn the one into a downwards arrow...

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:49 pm

It would be nice to see a celebration of some kind especially as Oblivion was the first B&M dive coaster. I reckon if they did go for the 21st, it might be because of SW8 opening next year But also, the 20th would be good too.

I'd love to see some merchandise to mark the occasion like the Nemesis pin badges and t-shirts as a milestone in a coaster's life is worth celebrating in my view :)

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:49 pm

I personally doubt Oblivion's 20th will be celebrated - I do think however we will see some TLC on it over this Closed season (especially as Smiler appears to have been receiving a bit of love and paint!). As for when it is 21, I think we may see a Neme21s-esque situation with some new merchandise and signage changes throughout the area.
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

Cobby
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:13 pm

I think it would also be nice for them to put the full queue videos back on instead of the weird jump cuts we have now. I understand why they did it but all that has blown over now so I don't see why they don't put the normal videos back on.

suffolkjames
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 05, 2017 11:01 am

I love that logo!! Seriously hope it is used on the ride and in merch. 20th anniversary of the original dive coaster can't be missed !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobby
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun May 07, 2017 12:30 pm

suffolkjames wrote:
I love that logo!! Seriously hope it is used on the ride and in merch. 20th anniversary of the original dive coaster can't be missed !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you that was just my interpretation of what I think it could look like and I think that it suits the ride well. I just hope that they do something for it's 20th birthday because it is an iconic ride and a "worlds first" so hopefully we get something