Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
TT Member
User

DrCalman42

Potential Galactica backstory?

by DrCalman42 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:49 pm

I've been reading through some of the threads talking about which Secret Weapon should be removed first (or is most likely to be), and Air/Galactica is coming up first in each one. This primarily seems to be because "the theme doesn't fit the area at all, Nemesis makes the area what it is etc." Therefore, I've had an idea for a new scenario for Galactica. As it sticks out like a sore thumb in terms of theming in Forbidden Valley, perhaps it would make sense to take advantage of the space theme and integrate it into the Nemesis story. Maybe connect it to the Phalanx and have you chasing the Nemesis creature as it hurtles towards the resort, or some other connection.

Apologies if this would be better in the general section of the forum.
TT Member
User

Morgan

Re: Potential Galactica backstory?

by Morgan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:53 pm

I'd rather Galactica and Nemesis stay separate- the Nemesis story is good and all but it's good as it is and I don't feel that involving another coaster would necessarily work. Also the story has been used too much recently for other attractions so a break would be welcome.
TT Member
User

DrCalman42

Re: Potential Galactica backstory?

by DrCalman42 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Fair point, it does have S-T now and there was the scare zone last October. My idea really was that it maybe would help to draw it together somehow so that the area doesn't have as much of an "us and them" feel. Even something as subtle as a slight colour/music change like with Rita when Th13teen took over Ugg Land and turned it into the Dark Forest.