UK theme parks from another point of view!

GreeneyL
TT Member
TT Member

Dark Forest Gerstlauer ?

Fri May 19, 2017 8:24 pm

A fantastic improvement could be made to the Dark Forest area by adding a Gerstlauer euro fighter ride to the forest , something very similar to Saw the ride. It would fit in very well as the first drop could be surrounded by branches and dead tress like the theming to thirteen. Also Dark forest needs flat rides ! Add atleast 3 to the area as there are only 2 rides there at the moment. Rita could be (and should be!) replaced with a Mack launch coaster as it is just to rough now. Keep the theming of Rita and maybe keep the name but the track is just too painful and bumpy. These are changes I would love to see !!

Thanks Lewis ;)
By GREENEYL / LEWIS

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dark Forest Gertslaur ?

Fri May 19, 2017 10:57 pm

A nice idea, but something similar to Saw would have to built very low into the ground, and of course that would be very expensive and with the space available in DF, even if Rita was removed, a large "pit" like Nemesis' would most likely not fit in! The simple fact is that there isn't enough room in the DF for another rollercoaster, let alone one that has to be built into the ground.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2017 11:18 pm

To be fair, you can get Eurofighters as short as 72ft (and I believe Gerstlauer are only selling clones now(?)), so it could theoretically fit into a small pit, or even just with a small tunnel.

The real question is why you'd want a Eurofighter at the park to be honest. ;)

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 19, 2017 11:31 pm

Burniel wrote:
To be fair, you can get Eurofighters as short as 72ft (and I believe Gerstlauer are only selling clones now(?)), so it could theoretically fit into a small pit, or even just with a small tunnel.

The real question is why you'd want a Eurofighter at the park to be honest. ;)

Your probably right. A Eurofughter at Alton Towers would just cause problems for Thorpe Park as it wouldn't be as unique.

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 20, 2017 7:28 am

Also, Merlin may not have as good relations with Gerstlauer as they may do with Intamin and B&M after past events.
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 20, 2017 9:03 am

Sorry, but I think this is a rather stupid thing to suggest may be added in the future. Smiler is a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster, which is basically a more advance version of a Euro-Fighter. So its like having a big box of lindt chocolate, then considering buying a cheap knock off which doesn't taste as good. Which would you rather?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat May 20, 2017 9:37 am

theparklifekid wrote:
Sorry, but I think this is a rather stupid thing to suggest may be added in the future. Smiler is a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster, which is basically a more advance version of a Euro-Fighter. So its like having a big box of lindt chocolate, then considering buying a cheap knock off which doesn't taste as good. Which would you rather?

I agree.

There's no way Merlin would install a Euro-Fighter at Alton when they already have an Infinity Coaster (which is essentially a Euro-Fighter on steroids) at the park.

I would however like to see Rita replaced with a Mack launch coaster of some sort but I'm not sure that Dark Forest would be the most ideal location for a full-blown Megacoaster in the guise of Helix.

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 20, 2017 11:01 pm

I think the problem with DF is that even with Rita removed, theme isn't a large amount of room.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dark Forest Gertslauer?

Sun May 21, 2017 9:49 pm

I don't think there's any reason for a Dark Forest Gerstlauer - they have a perfectly good infinity coaster within two minutes walk, and there'd be no need for a Gerstlauer family coaster there as Th13teen would be too similar of an attraction. However I would like some new flat rides in the Dark Forest in the short term, and possibly even a Mack mega or Rita "upgrade" (either new restraints, new trains or maybe even a full retrack if Towers really wanted to keep it) in the longer term.

By the way, Gerstlauer are still selling custom layouts (Gold Rush which opened recently at Slagharen is custom, Pegase Express at Asterix is custom, etc).
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dark Forest Gertslauer?

Mon May 22, 2017 11:29 am

NemesisRider wrote:
possibly even a Mack mega or Rita "upgrade" (either new restraints, new trains or maybe even a full retrack if Towers really wanted to keep it) in the longer term.

I personally see rita being the first big coaster to be replaced in the park as its layout and launch doesn't compare to the more modern intamins. I'd love to see something like taron in that space.

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Dark Forest Gerstlauer ?

Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:53 pm

There is a lot of wasted space in the Dark Forest, even if they keep Rita & Th13teen, they can easily squeeze in a couple of flats