UK theme parks from another point of view!

JC13
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Alton Towers 2019 Wish List

Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:59 pm

With Wicker Man now open, what do you think we could see in 2019? (Sorry if this topic isn’t needed)
:sus:

WallisDan
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers 2019 Addition

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:21 pm

CCL Redone
Charlie Reopened
Twirling Toadstool Reopened

With new ride hardware to follow in 2020
New show/attraction in show building
Couple of new flats

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:31 pm

I'm thinking they'll focus on CCL, and give it a new theme hopefully (but not a dark theme, we've got enough of those). A steampunk theme could work well, and I've also heard people discuss maybe a Dreamworks theme, which I also think could work pretty well for the area if they wanted to go down the IP route. :) 

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Whatever happens, we need FLATS. And we need them FAST. The lack of filler-rides really shows nowadays, and makes the day a bit boring. Hopefully the resort will install some thrilling, high capacity ones next year.

WallisDan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:40 pm

Ild be happy with some 1.2 metre flats to be fair

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:57 am

If AT only read one topic on this forum I hope it’s this one.

FLATS, FLATS, FLATS

I’ve been saying it for years, AT needs a new flat ride in ever location of the park. This will push AT to be a 2 Day excursion park rather than the 1 day it currently is.

I’m not sure the average cost of flat rides but if AT were to invest £2/3M across the park they would see a huge return on investment.

Although the GP isn’t as interested from a marketing point of view this can be easily overcome with a “3/4 new rides opening 2019 tagline” and a small promotional teaser of each.

It’s just a shame that we all know that this isn’t how they have operated for the last 5 years

JC13
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:49 pm

Phild94 wrote:
If AT only read one topic on this forum I hope it’s this one.

FLATS, FLATS, FLATS

I’ve been saying it for years, AT needs a new flat ride in ever location of the park. This will push AT to be a 2 Day excursion park rather than the 1 day it currently is.

I’m not sure the average cost of flat rides but if AT were to invest £2/3M across the park they would see a huge return on investment.

Although the GP isn’t as interested from a marketing point of view this can be easily overcome with a “3/4 new rides opening 2019 tagline” and a small promotional teaser of each.

It’s just a shame that we all know that this isn’t how they have operated for the last 5 years

That would be great. I personally don’t enjoy flats but I know many others do, so it’s fine with me if they install some! If they did 3-4, they definitely would have an easier job marketing the additions, as with 1 it would be very hard to market.
:sus:

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:07 pm

I'm hoping that Cloud Cuckoo Land will receive some work. If it takes on a DreamWorks or CBBC theme then would be good. Personally, I hope it is an IP or MMM concept which will appeal to all. That way both families and adults can enjoy the attractions it has to offer.

ThemeParkEwan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:40 pm

A few flats are exactly what towers need at the moment - supporting rides that'll give people something today while all the coasters have massive queues, though i doubt they'd want to put them in because of marketing (i mean surely its pretty easy to promote a flat ride or two, but we all know merlin)

Scarlyboo22
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:46 pm

I think they could rebrand the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride. I know this sounds silly but they could get a license with Cadbury’s?

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:47 pm

I mean, flat rides were particularly popular today, with all of the downtime affecting basically all of the major coasters, with closures all day long... 

As stupid as Merlin appear to be, I do have some hope that we will see some new flat rides in the near future, possibly as part of a re themed Cloud Cuckoo Land, or possibly in other areas of the park that have sat vacant since the previous ride was removed and not replaced.