What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' past here.

TT Member
User

Alton Towerss

Posts

1

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by Alton Towerss » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:54 pm

Do you have the 2001 Alton Towers Monorail video?

TT Member
User

Muppet738

Posts

12

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by Muppet738 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Does anyone have the music from ugland after waiting for corkscrew it would be stuck in you head for the rest of the day
User avatar
TT Member
User

S.J_O'Grady

Posts

343

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by S.J_O'Grady » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:13 am

Tom-TT wrote:I will check my photos to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that this is the one now sitting in the maintenance storage area behind Duel. Presumably it's been used for spare parts for the rest of the fleet.


I was given a tour around some staff areas, and yes, the Daisy Train is in ruin behind Duel. It's in a bad state and it doesn't look like we'll ever be seeing it in operation again.
User avatar
TT Member
User

S.J_O'Grady

Posts

343

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by S.J_O'Grady » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:17 am

Muppet738 wrote:Does anyone have the music from ugland after waiting for corkscrew it would be stuck in you head for the rest of the day


Is this the one?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_kRvlzd9Nc
User avatar
TT Member
User

Adam.W

Posts

747

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by Adam.W » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Tom-TT wrote:I will check my photos to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that this is the one now sitting in the maintenance storage area behind Duel. Presumably it's been used for spare parts for the rest of the fleet.

I was on park yesterday and the cow monorail train has made a reappearance, saw it a few times throughout the day and went on it at the end of the day. It's certainly the same one as I compared it to a video from 2008 :)
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

Max

Posts

286

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by Max » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:16 pm

I would have assumed that by 'the daisy monorail' he would have been referring to this one
Image

(only photo i could find of it)
I haven't seen this one for a long time
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Image
User avatar
Team Media
User

Tom-TT

Posts

741

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by Tom-TT » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:40 am

NemesisNosh wrote:I would have assumed that by 'the daisy monorail' he would have been referring to this one
Image

(only photo i could find of it)
I haven't seen this one for a long time


Yeah, I believe that's the one. I was meant to check last night but didn't get around to it. Will be back on Thursday so will check then.

TT Member
User

Delta79

Posts

347

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by Delta79 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:42 pm

If you go to the toilets on the path between duel and FV and look over the fence you will see the daisy themed train on the floor with some doors open and one of the driver cab windows missing.
User avatar
TT Member
User

Liam.W

Posts

855

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by Liam.W » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 am

Delta79 wrote:If you go to the toilets on the path between duel and FV and look over the fence you will see the daisy themed train on the floor with some doors open and one of the driver cab windows missing.


This is a photo I took the other week. You can also see the flume cars!

Image
Ride count 2016: 364!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 490!
Cred count: 62!

Image
Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!

TT Member
User

Tom_Colling1

Posts

1

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by Tom_Colling1 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:12 pm

The daisy monorail died:(, when the techies were getting it out onto the system they hadn't put the transfer track back up fully and it crashed into it wrecking the bottom of the monorail. Now they use the daisy one for spares for the other ones.

TT Member
User

ThatGalacticaFan02

Posts

11

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by ThatGalacticaFan02 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:45 am

Air ride signs, anybody know their fate?

Probably behind some fence somewhere *cough* tucked away in the scrap lot *cough*

TT Member
User

TheDuke

Posts

19

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by TheDuke » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:17 am

Back before the park was owned by merlin there was a different halloween event unfortunately as I was very young I cant remember the name of it however I remember attending sometime between 2003-2005 and there being a show infront of the towers across the lake infront of a screen playing a hex style story, I distinctly remember a line about cursing one side of the audience and the finale being a firework display.
Can anyone else remember this?
User avatar
TT Member
User

KatangaZebra

Posts

201

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by KatangaZebra » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Does anyone have the gif of this Ug Land advert? I had it on my old phone but I didn't transfer anything onto my new phone

https://youtu.be/ydXoqkR7gns
User avatar
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

Posts

3805

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by lewis97 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:15 pm

KatangaZebra wrote:Does anyone have the gif of this Ug Land advert? I had it on my old phone but I didn't transfer anything onto my new phone

Ta da!
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

KatangaZebra

Posts

201

Re: Alton Towers: What Ever Happened to...?

by KatangaZebra » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:23 pm

lewis97 wrote:
KatangaZebra wrote:Does anyone have the gif of this Ug Land advert? I had it on my old phone but I didn't transfer anything onto my new phone

Ta da!


Thank you!
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | © TowersTimes & SouthParks 2016.