UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Scariest moments at Alton Towers

Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Liam.W wrote:
MJNemesis wrote:
I greyed out on my first ride of Nemesis yesterday. It was on the helix just after the first corkscrew.

My feet always start to feel numb coming out of the helix and the start of the zero-G-roll! I have never greyed out on nemesis, the numb feeling is the closest I have come to something similar happening!

I thought I saw my vision darken right after the helix yesterday, but it was probably just me closing my eyes due to the wind :lol

The scariest times are when you go on a rollercoaster for the first time, as you don't know what's coming ;)

tcw1993
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:44 am

longy0151 wrote:
Another newish scariest moment at Alton Towers.
I was riding Duel when the ride broke down, and we were in the tunnel. The tunnel kept on spinning and made me extremely disorientated, leaving me sick by the end of the ride.
Not one of my best rides on Duel.

I've been in that situation too :(
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 29, 2016 12:34 am

The Haunting of Molly Crowe. Was very close to taking off my hood and walking out, or having a panic attack.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:04 pm

Loosing my breath on Oblivion as I went down the drop!
Usually I am alright, but on that occasion I was caught off guard!

archie.mm
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Morgan wrote:
The Haunting of Molly Crowe. Was very close to taking off my hood and walking out, or having a panic attack.

What actually happened in there? Also, where was it? Was it in the Swiss Cottage?

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 pm

archie.mm wrote:
Morgan wrote:

What actually happened in there? Also, where was it? Was it in the Swiss Cottage?

It was in the towers, accessed through the tunnel from by X-Sector. It was a standard hooded maze really but with a great ending!!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

archie.mm
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:34 pm

The Sky Sailor wrote:
archie.mm wrote:
Morgan wrote:

It was in the towers, accessed through the tunnel from by X-Sector. It was a standard hooded maze really but with a great ending!!

Ohhhhh, I get you. I read about the ending. Wish I couldve gone. The only Alton scare mazes Ive done are The Sanctuary (amazing), Carnival of Screams (best one ever imo) and TOTT (absolutely awful).

ArchitectOfPain
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Either the bit in the middle of sub-species with the masks with lights, or witnessing disembodied stone throwing in the hex queue line one very quiet februarg half term!

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:59 am

It was when Th13teen's tesla went off when I was 9 - I started crying and didn't want to ride, but, I did and I enjoyed it!
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:50 pm

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_qu ... p=CAASAggA

On a serious note, I went through dark apocalypse last year. Chainsaws exist.
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:51 pm

Nemesis: Sub Terra.

I've never been so anxious to get off a ride in my life. It was too much for me as i never experienced something which i couldn't see what was going on. This was before the maze section was added, i imagine if i went when this was added, i will not have coped. But now that I've done horror mazes, N:ST would be a walk in the park :lol

I'm the boy with the bubbles