UK theme parks from another point of view!

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers: The Lost Back Stories

Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:44 pm

salamanderman wrote:
So, i think i may have found the actuall backstory to thirteen on altons website
So, the (presumably) same people who uncovered the chained oak have found another site while taking up the corkscrew. With a stroke of unluck, the workers uncovered a whole comunity of spectral wraiths trapped in the crypt to protect the forest
And now the wraiths are free
And the trees want revenge...

I found the actual backstory on their website:
They also emphasize that there's excavation work going on, etc.
You can see this here

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:27 am

Adam.W wrote:
salamanderman wrote:
So, i think i may have found the actuall backstory to thirteen on altons website
So, the (presumably) same people who uncovered the chained oak have found another site while taking up the corkscrew. With a stroke of unluck, the workers uncovered a whole comunity of spectral wraiths trapped in the crypt to protect the forest
And now the wraiths are free
And the trees want revenge...

I found the actual backstory on their website:
They also emphasize that there's excavation work going on, etc.
You can see this here

It's good you screenshotted it because Alton Towers took it down

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 pm

It is still there. It is one of three slider descriptions...

Th13teen

If you go down to the woods today you'd better not go alone... Dip and dive through the Dark Forest, enter the ancient crypt and face the horror that lies within.
The dark and mysterious TH13TEEN is the world’s first freefall drop rollercoaster.

Don't go alone...

When routine clearance work began on the edge of the forest, an ancient burial ground was uncovered and a previously dormant and mysterious group of creatures called The Wraith were unleashed into the Dark Forest.

The forest is growing an alarming rate and has become on overpowering force – so if you go down to the woods today, you’d better not go alone… 

As you travel into the excavation work, be careful… the structure is far from stable!

Interestingly, I never knew the freefall section was themed on the structure not being stable!  It makes sense now!