What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' past here.
TT Member
User

Adam.W

Re: Scariest moments at Alton Towers

by Adam.W » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Liam.W wrote:
MJNemesis wrote:I greyed out on my first ride of Nemesis yesterday. It was on the helix just after the first corkscrew.

My feet always start to feel numb coming out of the helix and the start of the zero-G-roll! I have never greyed out on nemesis, the numb feeling is the closest I have come to something similar happening!

I thought I saw my vision darken right after the helix yesterday, but it was probably just me closing my eyes due to the wind :lol

The scariest times are when you go on a rollercoaster for the first time, as you don't know what's coming ;)
TT Member
User

tcw1993

by tcw1993 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:44 am

longy0151 wrote:Another newish scariest moment at Alton Towers.
I was riding Duel when the ride broke down, and we were in the tunnel. The tunnel kept on spinning and made me extremely disorientated, leaving me sick by the end of the ride.
Not one of my best rides on Duel.

I've been in that situation too :(
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.
TT Member
User

Morgan

by Morgan » Sun May 29, 2016 12:34 am

The Haunting of Molly Crowe. Was very close to taking off my hood and walking out, or having a panic attack.
Community Advocate
User

Justin

by Justin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:04 pm

Loosing my breath on Oblivion as I went down the drop!
Usually I am alright, but on that occasion I was caught off guard!

TT Member
User

archie.mm

by archie.mm » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Morgan wrote:The Haunting of Molly Crowe. Was very close to taking off my hood and walking out, or having a panic attack.

What actually happened in there? Also, where was it? Was it in the Swiss Cottage?
TT Member
User

S.J_O'Grady

by S.J_O'Grady » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 pm

archie.mm wrote:
Morgan wrote:The Haunting of Molly Crowe. Was very close to taking off my hood and walking out, or having a panic attack.

What actually happened in there? Also, where was it? Was it in the Swiss Cottage?

It was in the towers, accessed through the tunnel from by X-Sector. It was a standard hooded maze really but with a great ending!!
And what would happen when the creature appeared?

TT Member
User

archie.mm

by archie.mm » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:34 pm

The Sky Sailor wrote:
archie.mm wrote:

It was in the towers, accessed through the tunnel from by X-Sector. It was a standard hooded maze really but with a great ending!!

Ohhhhh, I get you. I read about the ending. Wish I couldve gone. The only Alton scare mazes Ive done are The Sanctuary (amazing), Carnival of Screams (best one ever imo) and TOTT (absolutely awful).
TT Member
User

ArchitectOfPain

by ArchitectOfPain » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Either the bit in the middle of sub-species with the masks with lights, or witnessing disembodied stone throwing in the hex queue line one very quiet februarg half term!
TT Member
User

Smiler313

by Smiler313 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:59 am

It was when Th13teen's tesla went off when I was 9 - I started crying and didn't want to ride, but, I did and I enjoyed it!
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'
Previous