What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' past here.
TT Member
User

leammiles

Re: On-Ride Breakdown Experiences

by leammiles » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:24 pm

At Alton Towers, I've been stuck on the Air lift hill and brake run for about 5-10 minutes. Both times for phones.

I got stuck on Oblivions lift hill because someone on our car had their phone out.

The best one so far was getting stuck on Thirteen right at the end, we came out of the tunnel section and got stuck where the track switches. They sent out a member of staff who was really fun. I remember him saying something like "does anyone need the toilet?" and a girl put her hand up and he said "I hope you have a strong bladder" to which everyone laughed apart from the girl.

He just made small talk with everyone until the ride was running again. I assume it would be much worse to be stuck on the indoor section.

The worst, and most dangerous situation I have been in on a ride was on one of these

I had been on the ride a million times, but once, when I was about 8 or 9, I went on with someone and the safety bar came fully undone...Now, its not the type of ride you would fly out of, but because I was quite small, I was moving about a lot, and I felt very unsafe at the time. It really shook me up and it took me years to get back on that ride.

TT Member
User

Thorpegirl123

Re: On-Ride Breakdown Experiences

by Thorpegirl123 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Thirteen_ first time on it and it stopped inside. Lights came on and a member of staff came out to let us know what was happening. We were only stuck for a minute or 2 but we were disappointed as being the first time on it and having it lit up ruined it for us. We were given the choice to stay seated at the end of the ride and have another go though, got the moaners going however as the queue had been rather long that day :lol
Previous