UK theme parks from another point of view!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

PortAventura/ Ferrari Land - August 2017

Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:52 pm

My family has booked a holiday to Salou and we are planning to visit PortAventura/ Ferrari Land during this week sometime (we will probably have a 2 day ticket with 1 of the days at both parks and the other just at PA). There isn't really much advice online so I have a couple of questions.

1. Where is the best place to buy tickets? I've seen some websites like 'Attractions Tickets Direct' which do have cheaper tickets but are these sites safe to buy from.
2. How busy will it be if I'm going in mid August and also how long should I expect queues to be?
3. Any park tips and is there a good ride order?

Thanks a lot! :)

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: PortAventura/ Ferrari Land - August 2017

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:24 pm

It will be very busy. Depending on how many re-rides you want in Ferrari Land you will probably need a full day. I went the other day and it was packed then (not school trips), so I'd hate to imagine how busy it will be in August! The main park will also be very busy, with very long queue times. At the park I would probably buy Express Premium at €48 which is unlimited fastrack rides all day! If you don't get express then the best thing to do would be get there early and do Furius Baco first before the queue forms. Then head up to Far West because everyone goes up to Polynesia and China first. Then head up to Mexico then China. Basically you end up doing one big loop around the park. Meditterania > Far West > Mexico > China > Polynesia > Meditterania. As a short cut from Polynesia to China or vice versa, cut through Sesamo Aventura and it takes you directly to the Shambhala mini area!  Any questions feel free to drop me a PM
Ride count 2017: 249!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 760!
Cred count: 65!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:53 am

Check the opening times too, during the summer the main park is open until 0000 or even 0300! Ferrari Land is open until 2000 at the moment too. Use this to your advantage as families start leaving when the sun goes down. 

Ticketing wise: I tend to buy directly from the PA website. The current offer is €65 for 2 days at the main park and a day at Ferrari Land. This will save you queuing at the booths, personally I'd pay a few extra € for that convenience.

It'll be very busy and very hot, expect to queue and queue and queue. The queue boards are often wildly different to the actual queue length. Drink lots of water too.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Are there any single rider queues for any rides?

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:43 pm

Shambhala, Hurakan Condor and Red Force. However for Red Force and Hurakan Condor you still have to queue in the main queue first in order to get to the single rider queue. So you just have to hope that the main queue ends after the single rider split off point so that you can get to it without waiting! On red force it isn't sign posted anywhere it has SRQ, I only found out due to asking a staff member what this other queue was! No one used it except me as no one knows of its existence :lol

ponder
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Attraction Tickets Direct are fine, used them before, but I would agree with the guy above and buy direct from the PA website.

I'd recommend getting in the main park early and doing Shambhala and Khan, then heading across to Ferrari Land around lunchtime. Everyone rushes there first, so if you time it right you won't be queuing so long for Red Force. (In fact it was a walk-on back in April at lunchtime vs a 40 minute queue first thing in the morning).

I hope you like airtime as Shambhala and Red Force have tons of it :)

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:37 am

One final thing, is what's the best head position for Furius Baco and Dragon Khan? Thanks a lot (I don't want rough rides) :)

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:56 am

On Furius Baco, keep your head back for the launch (obviously) but after the launch I find placing my head forwards helps. Also, sit in the inside seats for a smoother ride. 

Dragon Khan isn't too rough. Just sit back and enjoy.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Something that I just thought of, is if I have a 2 day PA ticket with 1 day also for FL, can I just confirm you allowed to go to and from PA and FL freely throughout the day whenever you want? I'm really sorry for asking so many questions. The ticket page has a very poorly written description of what the ticket actually offers. Thank you :)

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:05 pm

I'm not too sure, as I have an annual pass so don't know how normal tickets work! 

One thing I would suggest is getting a ticket for the Waterpark. After your day in the park you can buy a discounted ticket to go in the waterpark the next day. It's a brilliant waterpark!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:01 pm

ThemeCrafter264 wrote:
Something that I just thought of, is if I have a 2 day PA ticket with 1 day also for FL, can I just confirm you allowed to go to and from PA and FL freely throughout the day whenever you want? I'm really sorry for asking so many questions. The ticket page has a very poorly written description of what the ticket actually offers. Thank you :)

I've not visited the park personally, so I've obviously never been through this booking system, however from a little while of research, I can see why this has confused you.

I'm assuming you have purchased the 3 Days, 2 Parks ticket, priced at 80 Euros per adult. This provides you with two day tickets for PortAventura Park, as well as a day ticket for Ferrari Land. Regarding your question about park-hopping, this comes from the booking page:

3-day ticket to PortAventura Park and Ferrari Land park.

1-day ticket to Ferrari Land. On this day, you will be able to access PortAventura Park during its opening hours. This ticket also includes 2 full days’ access to PortAventura Park within its opening hours. The 3 visits must be made within 7 days of the first visit.

My interpretation of this would be that you may only visit Ferrari Land on the day that you have the ticket for, and not the other two days. However, on the day that you use your Ferrari Land ticket, you can also access PortAventura Park. Essentially, this means that you can visit the main park on any one of your three days, but can only visit Ferrari Land on your designated day, enabling you to do 2.5 days in the main park and half a day at Ferrari Land, which is probably going to be your preferred method. Whether or not you can change parks multiple times on your FL day depends entirely on the parks' re-entry systems, which I'm afraid I can't help you with. In any case, I would thoroughly advise contacting the resort's booking centre directly to confirm all of this information.

Hope I helped :)
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35