TowersTimes and SouthParks site news, comments and suggestions.

TowersTimes V3

User avatar
Contributor
User

Chris-TT

Posts

1649

TowersTimes V3

by Chris-TT » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:57 am

Hey guys & girls, since when I've been involved with TowersTimes in 2001 (yes we are infact 11 years old not 10) we have had just 2 major updates to the site design. We are in the process of producing something very special by moving away from static pages and adding more illustration, design, interactivity, and a real different point of view of the park.

What i want to ask in this topic is is there anything you would really like to see us change? Everyone's opinion is valued and it will be taken into consideration. TT v3.0 is in a totally different league to that seen at the TT@10 event. We will be bringing you a completely new and versatile website, which will rank very highly in google thanks to our SEO and TowersTimes hard working team.

We are also looking for another news editor, if you think you have what it takes then please email me chris@towerstimes.co.uk
Last edited by Chris-TT on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

Marcus

Posts

543

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Marcus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Would like to see the Resort page updated and re-designed. Also on the main page on the info section where it has what things are open and which are closed, shouldn't the things that are closed be in red? Just saying xD
User avatar
TT Member
User

JaykeAT

Posts

1193

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by JaykeAT » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:39 pm

An idea I came up with is to have peoples opinions on news stories in the article.It would make it look more like a real newspaper article.
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

Marcus

Posts

543

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Marcus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:29 pm

JaykeAT wrote:An idea I came up with is to have peoples opinions on news stories in the article.It would make it look more like a real newspaper article.


Comments?
User avatar
Contributor
User

Chris-TT

Posts

1649

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Chris-TT » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Hey guys, if you have applied for the news editor position and not had a reply, please resend. I read some interesting applications today, however while in a meeting earlier I was cleaning out some junk mail and a few were permanently thrown out.

If you have had a reply from me already there is no need to resend.

Many thanks.
Image
User avatar
Contributor
User

Chris-TT

Posts

1649

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Chris-TT » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Thankyou for your appications. This position has now been filled so please don't send anymore in.

We would like to welcome Tugboat to the team. :)
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

JaykeAT

Posts

1193

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by JaykeAT » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:51 pm

I would also like to see some more info on the water park,maybe a child board on the forum.
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

Vanessa Feltz

Posts

1060

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Vanessa Feltz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Great idea Jayke, We will see what we can do!
[url="http://ridesims.com/users/3318-johnwan/"]Image[/url]
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
User avatar
TT Member
User

JayJay90

Posts

317

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by JayJay90 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Could I maybe suggest something for TTF? If so I think a great thing would be to have your own main page just like the profile now but a bit more info about yourself like a bit of a bio, a bit social networky I know. I'm not sure if you wanna do that route but it be good to click n get to know people a bit better :) also I like the idea of commenting on news too :)
User avatar
Team Admin
User

Adz

Posts

6985

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Adz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Assuming our forum software allows for that I can't see any reason why not.

The forums wont be changing too much with TT v3 other than an aesthetic makeover to match the new look website, but we will definitely look into adding more social features going forward. 
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

Liam-AltonTowers

Posts

477

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Liam-AltonTowers » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Chris-TT wrote:Thankyou for your appications. This position has now been filled so please don't send anymore in.

We would like to welcome Tugboat to the team. :)


How come is says when this was posted in November 2012 - "We would like to welcome Tugboat to the team." however in a topic called The TT Team 2012 which was started back in June it says Tugboat was part of the team back then!?
Image

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!

TT Member
User

Sam198

Posts

1128

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Sam198 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
Chris-TT wrote:Thankyou for your appications. This position has now been filled so please don't send anymore in.

We would like to welcome Tugboat to the team. :)


How come is says when this was posted in November 2012 - "We would like to welcome Tugboat to the team." however in a topic called The TT Team 2012 which was started back in June it says Tugboat was part of the team back then!?


I think you'll find that I've already answered that for you Liam... ;)
User avatar
TT Member
User

Liam-AltonTowers

Posts

477

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Liam-AltonTowers » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Sam198 wrote:
Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
Chris-TT wrote:Thankyou for your appications. This position has now been filled so please don't send anymore in.

We would like to welcome Tugboat to the team. :)


How come is says when this was posted in November 2012 - "We would like to welcome Tugboat to the team." however in a topic called The TT Team 2012 which was started back in June it says Tugboat was part of the team back then!?


I think you'll find that I've already answered that for you Liam... ;)


Yes Sam but I posted this before you answered my question and also I wan't to see what Adz or Chris has to say...?
Image

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!

TT Member
User

Sam198

Posts

1128

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Sam198 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
Sam198 wrote:
Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
Chris-TT wrote:Thankyou for your appications. This position has now been filled so please don't send anymore in.

We would like to welcome Tugboat to the team. :)


How come is says when this was posted in November 2012 - "We would like to welcome Tugboat to the team." however in a topic called The TT Team 2012 which was started back in June it says Tugboat was part of the team back then!?


I think you'll find that I've already answered that for you Liam... ;)


Yes Sam but I posted this before you answered my question and also I wan't to see what Adz or Chris has to say...?


I know. :D To be fair, my post didn't serve any genuine purpose, and so I'm not going to argue with you over the morals of my post or your reaction to it... But trust me, My initial explanation was correct. ;)
User avatar
Team Admin
User

Adz

Posts

6985

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Adz » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Because we can edit the original post?

No point making a new post for what is simply a list of names on the team.
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

Liam-AltonTowers

Posts

477

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Liam-AltonTowers » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Oh right Adz, kind of forgot about that. But I thought you can't modify a post when it's old?
Image

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!

TT Member
User

Sam198

Posts

1128

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Sam198 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Liam, as I said in the SB... Adz has forum powers beyond the limits of your imagination. ;)

The ability to edit any post is a very basic super power possessed by admins.

Anyway, TT v3 anyone? :P
Last edited by Sam198 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Team Admin
User

Rob

Posts

2260

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Rob » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:52 pm

All of the team can edit / remove posts.

Back on topic now please.
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

Liam-AltonTowers

Posts

477

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Liam-AltonTowers » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Rob-TT wrote:All of the team can edit / remove posts.

Back on topic now please.


Oh right, sorry Rob. Here's an idea - in Towers Times v3 on the forums these are just a few small changes I'd like to see:
  • First, where it says Users Online and then at the bottom of that where it says like Team Admin in purple and Team TT and Team TTF in green and blue. Well if you click on those it takes you to a page where it tells you how many of those particular types of team members there are. But there's no description on what that kind of team member does and I think it would be interesting if next to each member it said what there main job was. I know it's not important but it would be interesting to see done.
  • Next when your making a post on the forum and your making something bold, underlined or italic you have you put those brackets next to it and it would be easier if you could just select the text and press either one of the bold, underline or italic buttons. It's not something major but something I think that would be easier.
That's all cause I can't think of much else, thank you.
Image

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
User avatar
Team Admin
User

Adz

Posts

6985

Re: TowersTimes v3.0

by Adz » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:23 pm

  • Next when your making a post on the forum and your making something bold, underlined or italic you have you put those brackets next to it and it would be easier if you could just select the text and press either one of the bold, underline or italic buttons. It's not something major but something I think that would be easier.


You can already do this. Use the 'reply' button at the bottom of the topic to bring up the WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) reply method.

The 'quick reply' which is what I assume you're using is just a quicker and faster method to reply but it does sacrifice this functionality.
Image
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | © wearettsp