UK theme parks from another point of view!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: RCT Quick Questions

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi,

I did a bit of poking around and as far as I can tell, there is not currently a CTR for a freefall drop.

I suggest you find a CS forum/suggestions page and bring it up. I guess it's difficult to make.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:38 pm

So I guess imagineer john didn't release his CTR. Shame because it looked brilliant

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Perhaps you should attempt to get in touch and see if he still has it.

Fish777
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:51 am

I'll be honest, I doubt that he would give it, even if he did still have it.

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:08 pm

I have contacted his website which is run by several different people. I got a reply from one of the other owners called Fisherman. This was his reply:
'Hello. I don't think Imagineer John ever intended for that track to be released publicly. He's busy with school now but we'll see if he responds.'

I did explain to him that I am part of this forum and many would love to download this CT/CTR, but we'll just have to wait for him to reply! :)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:30 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
I have contacted his website which is run by several different people. I got a reply from one of the other owners called Fisherman. This was his reply:
'Hello. I don't think Imagineer John ever intended for that track to be released publicly. He's busy with school now but we'll see if he responds.'

I did explain to him that I am part of this forum and many would love to download this CT/CTR, but we'll just have to wait for him to reply! :)

Well that's definitely a start. Thanks for mentioning the forum, it's like  mini petition!

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:16 pm

I can almost make all my favourite rides on RCT3 except Th13teen so I'm really hoping he releases it! :)
Last edited by Danny on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom.B

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:32 pm

I really hopes that he does release it, it would be absolutely fantastic! (No Shawn Sanbrooke reference there at all. ;))

Fish777
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Tom.B wrote:
I really hopes that he does release it, it would be absolutely fantastic! (No Shawn Sanbrooke reference there at all. ;))

I saw somewhere that he never had any intention whatsoever of releasing it, and never will :cry:

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:08 pm

Therideman11 wrote:
Tom.B wrote:

I saw somewhere that he never had any intention whatsoever of releasing it, and never will :cry:

I wouldn't speak to soon…

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:31 pm

I've seen a lot of people making "fasttrack" queues in RCT3 and was wondering how it's done?

Fish777
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:59 pm

ILC, what I do, I use pathcovers to make a queue line, and then use either Doughnuts Railings or CoasterJoes Queue line to split the queue into two bits, then put a sign above the entrance pointing out the fasttrack and main queues :) hope this helps :D
Last edited by Fish777 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:06 pm

So nobody goes in the fasttrack?

Fish777
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:15 pm

It's all the same queue line, it just looks like there's two separate ones :)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:19 pm

How to get .rar files into the game?

scw55
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Use a programme like WinRar.

I have created a Folder on my Desktop called "RCT Stuff". This helps keep my desktop tidy.

Extract the .rar file with WinRar, extract to the folder on your Desktop.

Find the "readme" for the mod and read where it tells you to place the files.

Open up the Folder dictated by the readme. (Via c:\ -> Programme Files _> Atari if you installed with the CD; or Via Steam -> Steamapps -> Common -> RCT3 if you installed through Steam.)

Make sure you drag the files into the folder, and not into a subfolder within that folder. It risks making the files not work in-game and even crash it when trying to select it. Worse still, makes it harder to find the files causing the crash)
-
Once you get the hang of doing this, it gets quite simple.

I strongly recommended the dedicated RCT3Mod Folder on your desktop just so when you Extract the files, everything is kept together. It stops your desktop being cluttered by random files which you may have forgotten what they're used for. I know I have random shrapnel files on my desktop I've swept up into a "misc" folder because I am too scared to delete them.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Do you have to use a program such as WINRAR or is there an easier way?

scw55
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:13 pm

My own question.

When using Moby Steel Jungle, is there a way to "save" a single complete Support?

The mod's create for creating flexible and credible supports and the time investment is worth it, but sometimes I feel like it could be a little more efficient. It is quite tedious repeating the same process for standard track sections.

Just wondering is there a way to save "an elbow connected to the track, a vertical piece, a H8 or 12 diagonal and maybe a few flanges" as "one" piece of scenery, so I can just re-use it again? Cos I know you can "save" a combination of wall/roof/w.e pieces to make building repetitive large-scale buildings easier.

AltonTowersNerd
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:51 pm

I was playing RCT3 and the annoying debug message popped up, it's sooo annoying when it happens. I can't play or tweek with any of my parks, as I was about to view my progression of Thorpe Park back when Tidal Wave, Detonator and Nemmy Inferno wern't around. That's right I was recreating the year of 1999.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi, just wondering has anybody been able to edit how coaster EIN ratings are scored? Its just that I wish Inverts were less nauseating (which I dont find they are in real life, but that could be me), that Flying Coasters got higher excitement and intensity ratings and thrill flats were more thrilling. If not, I dont suppose anybody knows of CTR thats identical to a flyer but gets higher E and I scores. Same for water rides like the Rapids and Log Flume. They dont seem to be exciting and peeps ingore them, where as in real life they are quite popular.

I know I can use the Lay down coaster and just invert it after the lift hill, but I would prefer to be able to use the actual one like Air but get decent E & I scores (For some reason using the other one just isn't the same) Cheers.

Oh and if anyone knows a link to a EuroFighter car similar to Saw's and a working S&S screamin swing that would also be really good.
Cheers again. :)