For all RCT, NoLimits, Theme Park Studio and other software related discussion. This includes your own creations and any related questions.

User

Craig

No Limits and Other Software Quick Questions

by Craig » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Got a quick question about No Limits or other park/coaster creation software? Ask in here!
TT Member
User

Gloomy Dude

Re: No Limits and Other Software Quick Questions

by Gloomy Dude » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:36 pm

I downloaded the No Limits demo last night, with a view to getting the whole thing soon. However, I don't have the first clue about how to start building a coaster. It's insane. Could anyone point me in the direction of a nice basic internet tutorial. I know it's full of complexities but just the basics would be great.
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
TT Member
User

Mankey

by Mankey » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Basically... the views are supposed to be like what blueprints look like. You have Overhead and side views, you click on each bit to view it at a different angle.

At first it seems very VERY strange, but you get used to it very quickly.

My tip to you would be to read through the online manual and then just experiment :) you get better over time!
[b]Back from hibernation![b]
TT Member
User

Gloomy Dude

by Gloomy Dude » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:50 pm

Cheers. I found a series of Youtube tutorials, but can't watch them at the moment, being at work and all. I'll have a look when I get home. It's quite intimidating, seeing what some people can do with the software. Especially the first time you see the interface.
[size=90]For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
TT Member
User

BULBOUS

by BULBOUS » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:41 pm

If you haven't tried it out yet, try the included one. It's basic, but it might help! Just go to the help menu, choose help, and have a look around that manual. :D
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
TT Member
User

Michaél

by Michaél » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:44 pm

"Gloomy Dude" wrote:Cheers. I found a series of Youtube tutorials, but can't watch them at the moment, being at work and all. I'll have a look when I get home. It's quite intimidating, seeing what some people can do with the software. Especially the first time you see the interface.

It is a lot easier just to have a play around with it at first. Tutorials for complex things like No Limits can confuse you even more. :P That is the best way to get the hang of the game. If you get stuck with anything post in this topic or send me a PM with your problem. You will get the hang of it in the end. :D
TT Member
User

Johno

by Johno » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:10 pm

When I learnt to use NoLimits, I first learned with:

[url=http://www.coaster-net.com/editorialsandarticles.php?action=displayarticle&editorialid=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.coaster-net.com/editorialsan ... orialid=21[/url]

It was brilliant, and just described everything that was happening.

There are 2 other tutorials on that site.

User

Big Dave

by Big Dave » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:28 pm

Last edited by Big Dave on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User

Blaze

by Blaze » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:07 pm

He did say he would delete it from his own website after 1 week, so I wouldn't put it on here. Even more people probably visit here than his site, so more people will see it here than on his, and he doesn't even want those who go on there to know, and I don't think more than a few people will go on his site. If he does not want his own tips on his own lesser known website, I doubt he'd want them on here.

Still, it's a great help :D

User

Joelio

by Joelio » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Just email him and ask, he won't bite you :)

User

Blaze

by Blaze » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Doubt anyone will know, but on the off chance they do, how can one remove the track ties of a wooden coaster to go with the Intamin pre-fab rail environment?

And if anyone has that environment, why are my rails and lift chain white? The bit around the chain is still brown, but the actual chain, which you can't colour, is white. The chain should be replaced with a cable anyway :?
TT Member
User

starbugger1303

by starbugger1303 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Does anyone know where the screen shots wil be, i have checked the screenshot folder but they aren't there :(

---- Post Info Added ----

Does anyone know where the screen shots wil be, i have checked the screenshot folder but they aren't there :(

User

Blaze

by Blaze » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Your not the only one with that problem. For some reason, they go to a hidden folder. What you need to is when you are opening a ride in the editor, go back so you can get to all the folders in NoLimits, so you can see the ones for elements and everything else. There will be one for screenshots which will have screenshots in. You'll need to make a shortcut for one of the hidden folders so you can get them whenever you want them. Hope that makes sense, if not I'll try clearing it up a bit or showing you. :D
TT Member
User

starbugger1303

by starbugger1303 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks very much Blaze :D

User

JoshM

by JoshM » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:21 pm

So i'm new to this NoLimits thing ... does anyone know how to make the game faster. Currently the game is going really slow. Thanks to anyone who can help.

User

Anonymous

by Anonymous » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:53 pm

"JoshMillwardTV" wrote:So i'm new to this NoLimits thing ... does anyone know how to make the game faster. Currently the game is going really slow. Thanks to anyone who can help.

You mean in terms of frames per second? Just go into the graphic options and set everything to low and pick a lower resolution...

But it doesn't take much to run this app even at high settings, so try update your drivers. Unless of course you have an old computer with integrated graphics then you might be out of luck.

User

JoshM

by JoshM » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:40 am

TT Member
User

Bote

by Bote » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Right, in NoLimits say I create a break run with catwalks on each side, then follow it instantly with a transport section with catwalks on boths sides too, when I enter the sim and look at the area, the two sets of catwalks never join. There's always a gap between them. Is there a way to solve this apart from removing the catwalks?

User

AdamJ

by AdamJ » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Not unless you use 3D objects and make your own ones. That's the only real downside to No Limts are the catwalks

TT Member
User

Bote

by Bote » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Ok another question:

1) How do I take screenshots from in the simulator, and where will they save to?
2) How to I record a ride in the simulatior, and where will that be saved to?

You can proably guess where this is going :wink:
Next