For all RCT, NoLimits, Theme Park Studio and other software related discussion. This includes your own creations and any related questions.
TT Member
User

Sr88

Powerful enough for NoLimits 2?

by Sr88 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Will my computer be able to use NoLimits 2? as it doesn't have any specific video RAM.
TT Member
User

Doopy Dan

Re: No Limits and Other Software Quick Questions

by Doopy Dan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:20 pm

What are the specifications of the computer, IE what is the exact video card model and processor model. Generally, video ram does not determine if you can run a game / 3d software or not, as video ram pretty much only holds textures which can usually always be lowered or raised in quality depending on video ram. But having a capable enough graphics processor in terms of speed and a fast enough CPU and enough main system ram are very important factors.
TT Member
User

sw7nutter

by sw7nutter » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Does anyone know how to remove water in ditches on nl2?
Community Advocate
User

Jack

by Jack » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:22 am

this is something that cannot be done at this moment in time, but the NoLimits dev team have said that they will be looking into a way to change it :)
TT Member
User

Cobby

by Cobby » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:54 pm

I was just wondering how you scale plans/screenshots,from google maps, of rides to full size in No Limits 2. I have had No limits for awhile now and have been wanting to do this to make recreations easier however I have not found anywhere explaining how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

The stuff I wanted to scale

And this

TT Member
User

Capt. Barnacles

by Capt. Barnacles » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi Cobby, with regards to scaling the overlay of Blackpool, you want to have your scale on google maps set to metric, so you'll have a scale in metres, then consistently adjust the number in your overlay settings found under file/preferences/overlay. Once your scale bar matches up with the appropriate value in NoLimits 2, you'll have it scaled correctly.

As for the plans for The Swarm, you need to ideally get Sketchup Pro 2015, draw a rectangle with the dimensions of the scale (so if 1/500 at A3, draw an A3 rectangle, then scale it diagonally 500 times). Then apply the plan image as a texture and again scale accordingly. Export your Sketchup model (just the rectangle) as a Collada file (.dae), then create and NL2SCO in NoLimits 2, set the Collada file as the object path, and place the scenery object in an empty park file. Scaling plans like these are near impossible with the current overlay customisation settings.

If you need the plan making drop me a PM and I'll be happy to sort it for you :)
Keep up with Virtual Towers Online on our social media!
TT Member
User

Cobby

by Cobby » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Thanks Dan I'll have a go and if I need any help I'll Pm you
TT Member
User

Capt. Barnacles

by Capt. Barnacles » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Happy to help with anything I can NL2 related :)
Keep up with Virtual Towers Online on our social media!
TT Member
User

Stan.H

by Stan.H » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:07 am

This is very question heavy!! Just out of interest, what version of NL2 do guys you have? Is it standard or professional, btw what are the differences between each version of NL2, and which one would you recommend me get. Does professional have more coasters?? Does it have flats/water rides?
Last edited by Ladyofthelake on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spg edits
Creds to NemesisRider!

Scarefest 2017 Hype Kicking in... all because of Rita Fan
TT Member
User

Tom_iSatnav

by Tom_iSatnav » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Content wise, standard and professional are the same. They both have the same coasters etc. The main difference and the reason I am going to upgrade is that the professional version has a native 60fps 1080p+ output for videos and 4k screenshots amongst other features. If you don't plan on making full-on epic cinematics, the standard version is just fine.
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Emporium wrote:This is very question heavy!! Just out of interest, what version of NL2 do guys you have? Is it standard or professional, btw what are the differences between each version of NL2, and which one would you recommend me get. Does professional have more coasters?? Does it have flats/water rides?

I have standard and it lives up to expectations. Like Tom_iSatnav said the only differences are better video export and higher quality screenshots.
Ride count 2017: 15!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 526!
Cred count: 62!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Does anyone know what happened with that coaster-x competition that was run in 2015? I know a winner was picked but has anything else being revealed? wasn't it meant to be getting built at a real park or something like that?

TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:29 am

Does anyone know how to edit the train so you can add writing to the front and designs etc. also my in game video recorder is a bit messed up as I changed the settings, and it seems to have squished the screen size of the video. does anyone know how to sort this out?
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net
TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:20 am

Ok, sorry for double post but does anyone know how to download templates into the game like the google warehouse models and the southend shark contest? (yes I know the competitions over but I'm bored and want to have a go) so if anyone can help me get that into NL2 that would be appreciated. :D
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:26 am

Sorry for the triple post, but what support type is best for B&M Flyers?
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:37 am

Ryan.B wrote:Sorry for the triple post, but what support type is best for B&M Flyers?

I'm guessing you mean prefabs? I always just use inverted coaster supports! Sometimes I might have to edit the support to allow for better clearance but that's all

TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:56 pm

And.. another question from me! why is my track bi rail instead of tri rail? this is on a gerstlauer infinity 2..

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Maker
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:48 am

Double click on the track (Alt + double click if it is a special track such as brake .etc) then at the bottom it should say something along the lines of "track style" and "2 tube track" should be selected, so click and change it to "3 tube track". If you need any more help feel free to PM me!

TT Member
User

NemesisRider

by NemesisRider » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:15 pm

Same here, PM me if you need help. For the flyer you'll want at least 30" supports, and make sure to use the Twisted Horizontal track connectors!
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"
TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:53 pm

oops, got the supports a bit wrong, it was 24" supports.
PreviousNext