UK theme parks from another point of view!

Airtime
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

(RCT2) Thorpe Park

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm not sure there's much interest in RCT2 or LL here at TTF but I thought I'd contribute something here since I think some of you might like it.

If you don't know about NEDesigns and are interested in RCT, head over there. It's the best place for RCT2 and LL.

I'm not sure any of my other RCT will interest anyone but this park is based on Thorpe Park, obviously. This is NOT a recreation just HEAVILY inspired.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Tidal Wave

Added in 2000 Tidal Wave was one of Tussauds' first major investments into Thorpe Park and has been decimating Amity Cove for over a decade now. When Tidal Wave was installed it was the highest, fastest and most thrilling ride at Thorpe Park. Nowadays it compliments the parks other thrill offerings. However, it's not hard to see why Tidal Wave remains a favorite as another 16 riders take on the challenge!

Samurai

"Samurai is about to begin, keep your head back and brace yourself for the force of the mighty warrior."

Samurai,one of the most intense flat rides in existence made the jump from Chessington in 2004 and has been providing Thorpe Parks unique brand of thrills ever since.

Stealth

"Place your heads back, hold on tight"

Dominating the Thorpe park skyline, Stealth is a 150 foot launch rollercoaster that pushes your body to 70 miles per hour in less then two seconds.

Stealth may be Thorpe Park's shortest ride but its impact will last longer then any other ride.

______________________________________________________________________________________

After more than 2 solid months of construction the pace has dropped. The park's been at a standstill for a the past 2 weeks. There's a lot done and it's probably around 40% complete at year 200. Currently there's 2 blackholes around X:/No Way Out which is quite annoying.
Yeezus just rose again!

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Re: (RCT2) Thorpe Park

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Not a recreation? Looks like one to me! :P And a really good one at that. Have to love RCT2, not enough people use it nowadays, and I personally prefer it to RCT3.

Joshysqaushy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 pm

[quote="Airtime"]
Dominating the Thorpe park skyline, Stealth is a 150 foot launch rollercoaster that pushes your body to 70 miles per hour in less then two seconds.

isnt stealth 205ft tall?  :shock:
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-R-f-2wp74
UPDATES: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=37998&start=40

Airtime
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 pm

^
Airtime wrote:
This is NOT a recreation just HEAVILY inspired.

;)

D4N, I completely agree. RCT3 is ugly as hell. There's still a lot of people play RCT2 and even RCT1 LL. If you want more RCT that's not number 3:
http://www.nedesigns.com/forums/
Yeezus just rose again!

Airtime
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Two screens from NEDesigns' recent Fiesta

Amity Cove, is a New England fishing village with some areas devastated by a huge wall of water, commonly known as Tidal Wave! The area doubled in size in 2006 with the addition of Stealth. You will find some of Tussaud's finest themeing here within the area that dates back to 2000 when Tidal Wave was opened.

Here's a teaser of Colossus:

If there was a dictionary definition for Thorpe Park, the first word used would be 'Colossus' as it represents everything that the modern day park represents. It's high, it's fast, it's thrilling and as a ride that spingboarded Thorpe Park into the eyes of the general public, it has a fierce reputation.

If anyone says Colossus doesn't have the correct layout, inspired not a recreation
Yeezus just rose again!

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:07 am

Wow love it. Will this be available for download when complete?

TheDarkStar
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:44 am

The best RCT2 park that I have seen in a while.

Toborg123
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Wow, for RCT2 that is very good!

Airtime
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Of course the park will be available to be downloaded once complete, not for half a year though at the earliest :)

Guys if you think this is "good for RCT2", you've seen nothing. Seriously NEDesigns has some mind blowing RCT parks that are way better than this.

New screen: Neptune's Kingdom

With several rides to choose from, this fishy themed area in the centre of the park will keep the little ones happy.

This is NOT a recreation just HEAVILY inspired, remember :)
Yeezus just rose again!

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:41 pm

This is amazingg! Can we see some Nemesis Inferno?

Credit to NemesisRider

Airtime
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:53 pm

^Thank you! And Nemesis Inferno isn't quite ready to be shown yet but it has a good and fairly accurate layout. You can see my old Nemesis Inferno inspired creation in RCT1 LL here though called Inferno:
http://www.nedesigns.com/park/map/1966/inferno/
http://www.nedesigns.com/park/download/2153/inferno/

New(ish) Screen: Logger's Leap

Wet and wild log flume ride through the Canadian Rockies. Logger's Leap has the highest flume drop in the UK. Your log will travel through wet rapids, a dark plunge, a rocky canyon and past the Canada Creek Railway. From the crest of the ride guests can view the whole park as they drop down 35 feet into the water trough below.
Yeezus just rose again!

garfield3gs
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:22 pm

didn't realise you was on here aswell airtime, nice to see someone else from new element :) keep up the good work we are due an update though on here and NE

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:13 am

Airtime wrote:
^Thank you! And Nemesis Inferno isn't quite ready to be shown yet but it has a good and fairly accurate layout. You can see my old Nemesis Inferno inspired creation in RCT1 LL here though called Inferno:
http://www.nedesigns.com/park/map/1966/inferno/
http://www.nedesigns.com/park/download/2153/inferno/

New(ish) Screen: Logger's Leap

Wet and wild log flume ride through the Canadian Rockies. Logger's Leap has the highest flume drop in the UK. Your log will travel through wet rapids, a dark plunge, a rocky canyon and past the Canada Creek Railway. From the crest of the ride guests can view the whole park as they drop down 35 feet into the water trough below.
i thought i was half decent with rct2 but now ive seen im defiantly not
Image credit to Lewis97

TheAltonTowersProject
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:38 am

I really wish you posted about this more!  :D

Airtime
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks for the replies guys! Nice to see it's worth posting in here with a few people watching this park.

Pre-year-300 update!

On opening in 2005 Rush was the worlds largest speed swing, launching riders to dizzying heights at breathtaking speed.
Yeezus just rose again!

Tom
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue May 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Digging up an old topic but just thought people would like to know that this did get completed.

http://www.nedesigns.com/park/3000/map/2652/thorpe-park/

http://www.nedesigns.com/park/3000/thorpe-park/

Yeah, it's awesome. :O