UK theme parks from another point of view!

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Manor Fields

Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:27 pm

So, I wasn't going to create a topic for it as I know RCT3 threads have died out however I am going to do it anyway. This park is coming along nicely (features my wingrider that I posted) and I personally think it is the best I have done. Intro update to come soon.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Manor Fields

Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi, my name is Jacob Stone and I absolutely love theme parks. I have decided to start posting about a theme park near me called Manor Fields. Before I go on about Manor Fields, I will tell you a bit about me. Firstly this is me,

I am 19 years old and my first theme park visit was to the now defunct theme park Camelot, on a school trip when I was 8. I was at the time too scared to ride any of the roller coasters. Later that same year though, I visited the amazing Alton Towers where I not only rode my first roller coaster, The Runaway Mine Train, I also rode my first “big” coaster, Corkscrew. After riding corkscrew I was hooked and couldn’t wait for the day that I was tall enough to ride the legendary Nemesis. However getting back to Manor Fields. This is my most local theme park to me. I can now get there easily by bus so I visit a lot. The park opened back in 2006 however it was only this year that the bus route started and I finally got my first visit. As I have only started visiting this year, I can only tell you information which I have researched regarding its history. Unfortunately there were very few photos from the early years.

Manor Fields opened back in 2006. It is located on the former estate of Raydell Manor, one of Britain’s lesser known lost houses. Raydell Manor, like Drayton Manor was destroyed in the 20th century. Destroyed in 1913, the Manor had just reached the age of 203 when the demolition started. Almost 100 years later, the site was developed into a theme park, ran by the Veetal family. The Veetal family had sold off their family business which was starting to get too big for them to manage. With that money they decided to open a small pirate themed park. The park opened under the name Pirate Adventure Park.
However in 2007 there was some family issues (which I wont go into) which lead to them putting the park up for sale. It was soon bought by a small entertainments company who instantly began to improve the park.
The park opened in 2008 with a second hand Vekoma Corkscrew, called Turbo Star. Turbo Star was surprisingly a massive hit and was rivalling the queue times of the B&M Wingrider also located in the park. This was down to the nostalgia it provided for many guests, reliving their childhood, and I must admit, riding Turbo Star really brought back memories from Alton Towers’ Corkscrew. Later that year, construction on a new entrance started. The previous entrance was very basic. It consisted of five wooden huts which staff claimed to be cold and even leak when it rained.
2009 saw the new entrance open with the park using its new name, Superland. The old entrance was dismantled and more second hand rides were bought; a log flume, Zamperla Wild Mouse, Fabbri Wacky Worm, Fabbri Evolution.
These new rides opened in 2010, however they didn’t see they increase in guests as the park hoped. The recession was hitting the park hard and there was very little profits. This could be seen by the guests who noticed the lack of theming.
2011 saw no new additions to the park.
2012 finally saw the addition of a completely new ride, a Mack Super Splash.
2013 saw the addition of another new ride, Skycoaster. 2013 was also the year that the park owners went into bankruptcy. The park was sold back to the Veetal family for the same price they paid for it. The Veetal family who were financially well off began the development of the second well themed land. Hoping to remove as much of the rides the previous owners had installed as quickly as possible.
2014 saw the latest new ride open, giving guests a sneak preview of the new medieval themed land. The park also changed its name from Superland to Manor Fields.
Well that brings us up to 2015, which hasn’t seen a new attraction. I will post again with more information on the attractions within the park and some photos.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:03 am

Hi,

So first I am going to show you Pirate Island, the original park.

Here Ive found some photos from the park, Ive put the ride names next to them.

Here are some photos Ive took from my visit yesterday.

And my favourite part,

I think this entrance to the area is brill, love the draw bridge.

Here is the part of the park that the previous owners built. You can see how cheap it is, even some of the second hand rides were not painted and look old. I took this off the website. It has been recently updated. I noticed on park yesterday, they have removed Splash Boats. The picture shows the paths that are left. The ride was in the way of their new ride that they have constructed. The owners hate this part of the park, and they haven't kept it a secret. This area will be completely redone once the new area opens.

Heres the entrance

Finally here is the new Medieval land. The park have already opened one ride, VooDoo Velocity. The rest of the area is developing quick, in the six months since I last visited a new log flume has been built and is already testing, although it is yet to be themed. One thing I've noticed is there is two stations, one to board, and one to leave.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:09 pm

So a small, yet exciting update here.

It has been almost 3 weeks since my last visit and update. I have to say that I think progress is coming along well. Most of it has been ground work. Before I go into the new log flume though I have to confess, I did something bad today. After a worker carelessly left the entrance unblocked whilst they went on their break, I sneaked into the new area. I was only in there for about two minutes as I heard staff coming however I got some snaps. Not only did I see some of the work being done on the new Flume but I discovered a secret that I'm about to reveal to the world. That tall tower that has already been constructed, it isn't just a show building like we all thought. It has been hiding a secret. And here it is...

Now onto the new Flume. The entrance station has been completed with the exit station still a work in progress. Also there has been loads of ground work with much of the Flume thats around the stations now covered in a tunnel. Looking at how the entrance station is themed to a cave and the exit appears to be inside some part of the castle, my speculation is that the Flumes theme and story is that you are sneaking into the castle through a secret entrance riding on a passing log that is floating down a river that passes under the castle.

Work on the exit

Work on the entrance and some of the ground work

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi everyone!

So its the start of a new season, and a very eventful one. I arrived on the opening day of the first month. Well technically its not the official start, it is an event similar to Alton Towers February Half Term where only some of the park is open. Its been called Pirate Month and tickets are half price. When I got onto the park I saw why. The new medieval land wont open until the 8th May ( the official opening day of the year) and apart from Sky Swing, all the other rides have been removed and the area has been cleared.

I then saw these bill boards around the park.

Its a music festival happening just before the offical opening day. The park will be closed during the small festival. It is the one event this year my annual pass wont get me into - not even a discount :( I shall therefore not be attending, however I will still post an update based on the information I can find.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi guys,

A quick update here, as information is limited.

I was browsing Manor Fields website and I noticed that they have put out an advertisement warning guests of disruption to the entrance of the park near the end of this year and throughout next year. This intrigued me and I did some deeper research. I have found that planning permission has been granted for a major redevelopment of the former site of the removed rides as well as the main street. The area is to be redeveloped into a more open and spread out space with gardens and some rides, including one that's over 300 ft tall, which will be the tallest ride at the park!

I am slightly surprised at this redevelopment of the main street as it is relatively new, however as it was built by the previous owners, I guess the new owners want to have an entrance that they like. I also noticed that they referred to the area as Tranquil Gardens, so I imagine that it will be a laid back area of the park. Should be exciting. The area hasn't yet been formerly announced by the park.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi everyone.

The park is officially open! Finally.

I visited the park last week to explore the new medieval area simply called The Kingdom.

The first thing I noticed when I arrived on site, even before the gates were opened was that Sky Swing was gone! It must have been taken down after I visited. I am saddened by this as I only went on it twice and it was a very popular ride, even with its additional £3 price tag (free to those with annual passes like me). However the throughput was dreadful and it took up a very large amount of space, so I'm not that surprised.

After getting through the gates, there was a big metal fence that was too hard to miss. It appears that the park has already began preparation for the redevelopment of the entrance area, they really don't like to waste time! It has however created mass congestion due to the sheer number of guests trying to squeeze through such a small pathway at the busiest point of the park. Not only do you have those entering and exiting the park, but you also have those going from Pirate Island to The Kingdom and vice versa. Thankfully this is temporary and will only last the rest of the year.
Due to the mainstreet being closed off, temporary paths have been marked out around the area, and also temporary stalls have been constructed, I have to admit, it is very awkward!

Now on to the exciting part, exploring The Kingdom!

To start off, I'll show you the picture that Manor Fields have released to their Facebook page.
Starting in the bottom left corner, there is VooDoo Velocity - Intamin Inverted Impluse.
Just to the right theres Knight's Fury - Vekoma Family Coaster
In the tower there is Gallows - Fabbri Mega Drop
Inside the main building is a slide and then too the back there is,
Jester's - the parks permanent circus
Quack's Cure - A Huss Topspin (story goes that the ride is supposedly a cure for The Plague created by a quack doctor.
Finally theres Smuggler's Journey - Hopkin's Rides Super Flume

To access The Kingdom, you have to go through its entrance, which like Pirate Island, it is well themed!

After I entered The Kingdom, I saw that it was very popular, this queue for the log flume is very impressive, given that I was one of the first in.
Here are some of the photos I took whilst walking round.

I have to admit, although the castle is amazing (and must have cost a fortune) the area does lack the smaller theming items that Pirate Island has. However the area doesn't disappoint.

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:57 am

This park is looking fantastic and I look forward to seeing how it develops. I hoped that a large scale RCT3 park would appear back on Towers Times, and I'm glad that you decided to share this project.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:39 pm

***Thanks for the feedback! I wasn't sure about starting it, however I have lot's of time on my hands now and by posting it on here, it gives me the opportunity to look back at how it's developed over time.***

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:20 am

Hi everyone.

So I found an article about the family who owns Manor Fields, there was an interview in it which has revealed the plans for the new entrance area along with other information which could reveal some future possibilities. Here’s the interview.

So tell us, what made you decide to open up a theme park??
Well I have always loved theme parks and roller coasters, however owning one never really seemed like a possibility – although it had always been a dream of mine. I instead opened up a small business which became quite popular in our area. It expanded quite rapidly and was famous in our region. It was getting to large to manage as a family and when a large company enquired about buying it out, I said yes. I knew instantly that I wanted to start another business, I love running them. When I got the money I was contemplating opening a waterpark, but with the support of my family, we had the funds to open up a small theme park. No expense was spared on the theming of the park.
It was then sold quite soon wasn’t it?
Yes, it was heart breaking for me. Selling off my dream so soon, however there was family circumstances which made running such a large business impractical, so once again I sold off the business and saved the money – not a penny of it was spent in the years that I didn’t own the park. It was a good time for me to sell also with the recession about to hit, and it did hit the park. The new owners didn’t invest properly into the expansion of the park and they had to sell again. I got it back for exactly the same price as I sold it. During the time of not owning it, my daughter owned a salon which I helped her to manage and expand. When we got the park back, she sold her salons and wanted to be a part of the theme park, it was her money that paid for The Kingdom area of the park.
So will this park stay within the family then?
Definitely! When I’m ready to pass it on, my daughter will get the park as she has helped to develop it. Hopefully she will then pass it on to her children and it will continue to go on like that.
When you got the park back, did you know straight away what you wanted to do with it?
Yes. I wasn’t happy at all with what had happened to my park. Pirate Island was maintained well however the expansions were not at all at the standard I wanted for my park. The new rides were old and looked cheap. I knew instantly that I wanted to change that so I began the revival of The Kingdom, something which I had started to plan before selling the park. Once that area opened we could justify getting rid of all the rides that had been brought in after we sold the park. It was selling these rides, along with the money the park made and some interest we earned that funded the new development.
Wasn’t there any rides you wanted to keep?
Sky Swing. That was the one ride that was bought new and not second hand. It was a good ride however it was too big with a low throughput. We were also tempted to keep Turbo Star however the ride was very rough and wouldn’t have lasted much longer.
So you have announced that there will be disruption at the park due to the main street being closed, why is this?
We have decided to completely redo the main street area of our park. We feel that it just doesn’t feel like us. The current entrance and main street were built whilst the park was under different management and now that we have it back we want to model the park on our image and what we vision for the future. It is creating a lot of disruption on the park at the moment, especially since the opening of The Kingdom area of the park which has seen record numbers of visitors on site. When the new entrance area opens at the start of next season, guests won’t be greeted by the traditional street that so many theme parks have. Instead they will be greeted by a wide open area that feels more like a garden than and entrance plaza. We are having our new offices built in buildings set back from the area to minimise the amount of building there is and all the buildings will be one floor. There will be plenty of trees and plants and will be a very relaxed atmosphere. There will be a manmade boating lake right at the front and a Wind Seeker ride 300 ft tall. Although the Wind Seeker ride is quite thrilling for many of our guests, and doesn’t seem to fit in with the tranquillity of the entrance, at 300 ft high, the rider’s screams won’t really disturb the guests back on the ground. The ride will also work as a landmark for the park, being the tallest ride on the park. It will help guests to locate the park when they are travelling to it and also help guests on site navigate their way back to the entrance.
And what about the near future of Manor Fields, what can we expect to see?
The opening of our new entrance will be part of the grand reopening of Manor Fields as the whole park will finally be at the standard we want our park to be at. Then we can start to think about the expansion and future of our park and what our next development will be, something we haven’t officially started doing yet, although I have had a few ideas of what next thrill coaster I want to see added – something that will make guests jaws drop straight down!
It’s been great chatting with you, however before we end we have to ask what is your favourite coaster, from a different park?
Well I haven’t really been to a park abroad so it has to be Stealth, Thorpe Park. I am dying to go on Kingda Ka though. I love launch coasters, something which I think I have made clear in Manor Fields as both our thrill coasters feature launches, whereas most parks only have one launch coaster. However that won’t stop us from having more, so don’t be too surprised if you see another at the park.

This is a great interview and has hinted at some of the possible new coasters we will see.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:45 pm

So it's finally here!

The start of a new season and the day I get another annual pass. The last update for The Kingdom was my last visit to Manor Fields last year as my annual pass ran out that week. Rather than update it I took advantage of the opportunity to visit other UK theme parks that I haven't really visited much.

Anyway the first development on the new entrance has opened. The entrance plaza will run the length of the theme park acting as a central street. This means that as the theme park expands, so will this area. The area has been giving the name Avenue Gardens. Here is a birds eye view of the area posted on Facebook by an amateur photographer.

As you can see the area has so far got two attractions, Bumper Boats and Sky High, the Wind Seeker. It also has th parks first sit in restaurant, The WoodHut.

Here is some of my photos of the area.

I have to say the area really was quite relaxing, and even Sky High was relaxing.

As the interview states, next year will be the first year to not feature a new addition since the park changed ownership again. I figure that they will need to get back some of the money they have invested ready for their next expansion. I will keep you updated if there is any interesting news!

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Hi guys,

So the new season here and although there isn't any new attractions, its the most exciting season for me yet. After completing two weeks work experience for my college course last year, was offered a job. Although I have a few months of my final college year left I was allowed to start at the beginning of the season working weekends only. After college I will become full time. I am absolutely loving it and the owners are great. Thanks to this new job I got a sneak preview of something exciting being moved across the park. I managed to get a picture when I walked past it at the start of the day and its a good job I did because it was moved by the end.

So we are obviously getting a new coaster, and is obviously B&M. I have my suspicions as to what kind of B&M it will be. The colour scheme doesn't really seem to fit into any of the existing areas of the park so I am guessing a new area is coming. I'm so excited to be able to watch this coaster go up first hand

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Hey Guys,

So I know there hasn't been any real update in a while however there will be one soon. The parks new ride will be opening soon. I can't believe it's already been two years!

Unfortunately the plans for the new area have been pushed back meaning the new coaster, which was the start of this new area, will be left generic for the time being. It therefore will be opening with the name Plummet. I have to say, I am looking forward to riding it however am slightly disappointed with its height. Also I am disappointed that it wont be themed. However it will be opening with the parks first transport system, a skyride.

Also although we don't know the details yet, we have been told that Pirate Island is becoming Pirate Islands. Therefore I expect we are getting an expansion of the area with a new island being made.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:10 am

***So I have decided to bring some closure to this park, as I lost everything with the update to Windows 10***

Hi, It's me again and unfortunately for the final time.

The park closed before the new ride Plummet could open. There was some tensions between the owners and they decided to sell the park. The rides ended up being sold off individually. Plummet, which was a Mini Dive Machine has left the UK to go to the US along with Cannonball making Oblivion and The Swarm the only ones of their kind again in the UK. VooDoo Velocity and Sky High also left the UK and headed to the US. Many of the flats on Pirate Island we off to Europe and the rest of the flats have been relocated within the UK.

Once most of the rides had been sold the parks land was bought to develop into housing. The second island for Pirate Islands had already been made with the extra river being built. I along with the rest of the staff obviously lost our jobs which was a shame however I have been accepted to work at DisneyLand Paris (yay). I did make one final visit to the park and it is gone. Work had already started on the construction of the houses.

So this means goodbye from me.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:30 pm

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:29 pm

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:27 pm

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:53 pm

FORMER THEME PARK TO BE REDEVELOPED - INTO ANOTHER THEME PARK

The site of former theme park Manor Fields, has been bought out by a Dubai based company to be redeveloped into a new theme park. The buyers have stated they want to create a "UK" style Disney rival. The park is said to have a central castle like the Disney park however built in a British style. The owners have stated that the lack of housing close to the park, but the good transport links makes this site perfect to redevelop into the UK's Euro Disney rival. The park is set to increase tourism to not only the area but also the UK with hopes that the park can be a contender for one of the best parks in Europe.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:44 pm

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Kingdom Acres Resort

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:38 am

Welcome to the Kingdom Acres Resort Development Diaries!

Before we delve into the diaries, we would first like to introduce to you the UK's newest theme park/resort - Kingdom Acres Resort. This resort is currently under construction on the site of the former Manor Fields.Kingdom Acres hope to become one of the biggest and best theme parks within the UK.

The Kingdom Acres Development Diaries (KADD) will keep you up to date with the construction and development of Kingdom Acres.

To start off, we have here the basic plans of the resort. The resort is to be built initially in three phases, with the theme park opening with the completion of phase 1.

Phase 1 is the construction of the theme park. The theme park is to be centered around a castle, which is what guests will see when they first enter the resort. The castle will also be used as the parks even space suitable for fun days, concerts and also weddings. After passing the castle, there is two main streets, one to either side, which will act as the main entrances to the park. The theme park will open with three areas, two to the East of the castle and one to the West.

Phase 2 will see the theme park become a resort. Two hotels will be built along with activities outside of the theme park to make the resort a multi day destination. The two hotels will consist of one budget style hotel and one luxury style hotel. The resorts entertainment will be a large entertainment centre, which has its own car park and direct access to a bus stop served by local bus routes. This entertainment centre will blend the resort into the local community with the hopes that locals will visit the entertainment centre. The entertainment centre will feature a ground floor shopping centre, first floor food court and arcade, second floor laser quest and childrens indoor play area, third floor cinema and finally a resort guest exclusive fourth floor which will include a clubhouse for children, theatre, bars, adults only lounge, restaurant and nightclub. Whilst the general public will be able to access all but the fourth floor, resort guests will get exclusive evening time to shop and enjoy the centre from 7pm-9pm.

Phase 3 will see the resort develop further with a new waterpark, with plans to be the UK's largest outdoor waterpark. Accommodation will also expand with the new lodge style accommodation to be built in a woodland area.

To finish off this entry we have some exclusive photos of the newly finished castle/event space.

Entrance gate

Tunnels to the park