For all RCT, NoLimits, Theme Park Studio and other software related discussion. This includes your own creations and any related questions.

TT Member
User

dixinormous

Nemesis - Planet Coaster Recreation

by dixinormous » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi guys,

Don't know how many of you are following the Planet Coaster development, but I bought early bird access and decided to have a crack at Nemesis with the latest version.

Always been a little obsessed with Nemmy, it's more than just a ride to me - pretty much a marketing masterpiece. That, and the fact that it's one of the most uniquely laid out coasters in the world is what makes it such a compelling ride to recreate.

The new landscaping and coaster building tools in Alpha 2 made it possible to finally build the ride I'd been dreaming about since the game was announced.

The quality of the video is a bit naff, but you get the idea. I know there are quite a few things which are not 100% accurate, but overall I'm pretty happy with the result. I stupidly filmed all of the clips before realising that I'd only set the train to be 7 rows long, it took that long to film them that I just decided to roll with it. What's funny is - that extra car really makes a difference to the demeanour of the ride as it coasts around the track. I wish I had the time and a better machine to redo the video!

Anyway, hopefully you will enjoy it. The video is inspired by an old video AT used to have on YouTube.

Here is the video

Some screen shots I took with all the settings turned up:

Approaching the helix
Approaching the zero-g roll
Final corkscrew
Hairpin turn
Lifthill
Overbank
Overview
Exiting the zero-g
Zero-g from inside station
Zero-g leg chopper
TT Member
User

moog666

Re: Nemesis - Planet Coaster Recreation

by moog666 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:22 pm

Love this mate. Good job :clap: :clap: :clap:
TT Member
User

Burniel

Re: Nemesis - Planet Coaster Recreation

by Burniel » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:33 pm

I seriously think you should contact the developers with this - I'd imagine it'd be great to use in videos to advertise the game upon official release.

A really good recreation, especially for a new game! I can't wait to see what you do next.
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793