For all RCT, NoLimits, Theme Park Studio and other software related discussion. This includes your own creations and any related questions.

NL2 Community Park Project

TT Member
User

Ryan.B

NL2 Community Park Project

by Ryan.B » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Haven't started a thread in ages so here goes :lol

A couple of nights ago, I was on No Limits, and this idea kind of hit me. I've mentioned it to a couple of members, and I thought the concept might work quite well.

Basically, it's going to be a No Limits 2 park, that will be themed, growing and expanding as time goes on. It will be themed to a decent quality, with 'areas', flats and coasters. (Mainly coasters due to a lack of in game flats at the moment :lol ) Over time as the park develops, it will be released in a file (I believe Coaster Crazy is one of the sites that you can do it on) and every few updates (maybe monthly/2 months) another version will be released. Of course, with the idea being relatively new, I haven't sorted everything out yet, but it should play out similar to what I've said above.

This is where the community side comes into it!

Of course, with it being such a large scale project, I was going to need some help. Rather than ask for advice and carry it on as my solo project in my NL2 topic (which will be used for unrelated work now) I thought I might as well get a few people involved. I've PM'd a couple of people, and done a bit of brainstorming, and I've decided to split it up into 'jobs'

1. Coaster builder/ride designer
2.Scenery builder
3. Terrain modeller (unsure if this is needed at the moment)
4. Web hoster ( I'll be doing this once I've found a hosting site for the park files)
5. Anyone else capable of contributing anything useful I've missed :lol

You can apply for any of these roles, just PM me, and you can take up more than one if you're up to it. If the people I've already Pm'd can send another back to me to let me know if there's anything they can do then that will be helpful. There's No Limits (see what I did there ;) ) on the amount of people that can join, but work has to be done up to an acceptable standard.

For the people without No Limits, or other reasons but still want to get involved, you can still help! This topic is for throwing around ideas, naming rides etc, so the whole community can get involved! At the moment, I have one area plan, which is going to be a western area, and I have a couple of rides ready.

The rides are as follows

Wagon wheel - A ferris wheel
Unnamed - wooden coaster, similar size/style to Balder

I also have a few rides planned

Unnamed - A mine train (I've already built it, but had a word with a member and it will either be replaced or I'll be reworking it.
Unnamed - Teacups (They should hopefully be themed as Barrels. They haven't yet been released, hence why they are coming under 'planned'

In concept stage

Coaster - Should be a ride similar to the wild mice rides, there's a few routes I'm looking at as of now. These are : Zamperla Spinning coaster (think along the lines your typical wild mouse/twister cars), Maurer Spinning Coaster (outward facing spinning cars), Gerstlauer Spinning coaster (inward facing spinning cars) or a Gerstlauer Bobsled (think cars like Cobra at paultons, non spinning).

Park Train ride - As the park gets bigger, people need a transport device, right? This one literally just hit me. The in game Zamperla mine train can be placed at ground level, with multiple stops.

That's what I've got for the rides, and the wild west area. Forward planning, an entrance area is needed, and I need a few ideas for it. Probably will be 100% Scenery so if anybody talented with that sort of stuff wants to step up, now's your chance! At the moment I was thinking a main 'street' similar to Towers street, with one path branching off to the left, one to the write and a centrepiece, that the path travels over/under straight ahead (a bridge, a castle, something different?) For the future, we'll need a second themed area, so we'll work on the future.

To sum everything up, things that need sorting in a short analysis

Naming of Wooden Coaster
Naming of spinning teacups/barrels
Naming of mine cart ride (was thinking Calamity Canyon, but should that be a name for this or the mouse?)
Choice of coaster style for wild mouse type ride (layout not sorted, feel free to throw in ideas)
Ideas for Entrance Area
Ideas for Second Themed Area
Scenery designer for the Wild West area (I could do this myself, but I'm not the best at sketch up :lol was thinking Saloons etc. )
Ideas for Wild West theming

That's all, I hope it wasn't too painful to read. :lol Thank you!
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net
TT Member
User

Ryan.B

Re: NL2 Community Park Project

by Ryan.B » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:02 pm

First picture update! currently reworking the Wooden Coaster from scratch pretty much! It will have 2-3 trains, either 2 30 (Balder style trains) seaters or 3 20 seaters (Trailered 2 seats, like Twister at Grona Lund, but longer). This is where you choose! Which train type do you want to see, and what do you want incorporated in the layout?

Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net