UK theme parks from another point of view!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Couch

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Not been watching Big Brother gave up on that about 2 years ago. However been loving The Circle, Apprentice and (recently finished) The Bodyguard! 

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Not been watching those but did watch Bodyguard which was very good.  I've ordered the last thing for my Scarefest costume for next week - hopefully it'll arrive before next Friday.

Slightly odd seeing as I haven't dressed up for it before but kind of excited too :D

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:43 am

Just before my flight set off, both pilots left the cockpit and were huddled around a screen with one of the cabin crew. They didn't look overly happy and I thought I heard them say something like "half". But we took off without delay, so it can't have been anything too serious.

Eight hours later...

Yeah we ran out of water. So no warm drinks and even more fun, no tap water in the toilets. They tried to leave bottles of water in there when they could for people to use to wash their hands. Oh BA :lol

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:29 am

A week in Orlando and I've seen two rides breakdown, both at SeaWorld. The car I was in on Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin failed, didn't rotate then refused to enter the station, leaving us strapped into the car in a 0c room for 15 minutes (yay unexpected issue with a trackless dark ride). Whilst Infinity Falls did a full shut down and had to dump all its water out of the ride system, with people evacuated from the lift hill.

Meanwhile across both parks, every train had pretty much every seat full with the use of regular, paid fastrack and single rider lines. None of the Horror Nights mazes had downtime, and with HHN at capacity a couple of times, I saw security talking with just one group the entire time I was there.

I suspect my week at Disney might be a little different in terms of ride availability. There are going to be rolling storms pretty much every afternoon, as regular Florida weather resumes.