UK theme parks from another point of view!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Last Film You Watched and Your Rating

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:45 pm

It - 6/10

Solid film, great losers club actors for part I and loved what Bill did for Pennywise. The two stand-out scenes for Pennywise imo was the projection scene & when he confronts Eddie in the house, bringing horror, comedy & mocking him. Scare wise there really wasn't anything there that stood out unless you genuinely have a fear of clowns. There was a deleted scene which involves a bit of the origin of the Pennywise character before he became "Pennywise" which unfortunately didn't make it into the movie, however, for those who don't know the story its easy to figure out he preys on their fears.

Mother - 7/10

To fully appreciate this movie you have to watch it then delve into the mind of Darren Aronofsky and read its underlying meaning and what each character represents, then & only then will you go 'Ooooooh that makes sense!' and that the concept is actually quite brilliant. It's a movie which leaves you scratching your head and at one point in disbelief at what you are seeing on screen (some people walked out of the movie). Worth a watch if you can appreciate the fact some movies have more depth to them that you may not fully understand it on the first viewing.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:38 am

Kingsman: The Golden Circle - 4/10

Not so golden the second time around. When all you do for a sequel is introduce an American sister spy organization because you wipe out the British equivalent but keep a sole antagonist set on inflicting damage on a worldwide scale, have the same over the top CGI action fest then it becomes a simple rehash of the first. Samuel L. Jackson made a far superior funnier antagonist than Juliane Moore & her CGI pets.

The only positives from this movie was Elton John & the pugs / whatever terrier Harry's dog is.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:27 pm

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Thank god for Elton John.

This film is not a bad film - however it’s not good either. The film seemed to kill characters off as soon as they’d finished those plot point (even some built up through the entire first film). The film had so many weirdly focused scenes that were so distracting and some of the CGI used is really questionable.

That being said I actually loved Julianne Moore’s villain - moreso than Samuel L Jackson’s. The way she managed to do some really disgusting things whilst keeping the eerie character is fantastic. Shame about what happens with that character, eh.

I give Kingsman 2 4/10 and my one word of it is “Disappointing”.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:53 am

I watched this one a while back but it's constantly on my mind.

The Room
I'm not entirely sure where to begin with this movie. It's absolutely awful... but that's why it's so good. Everything about this film is wrong- the cinematography isn't great, the dialogue is freakishly unnatural, plot points are brought up and never talked about again... yet because of all that, it's perfect. Some scenes are so awkward and cringey that it's hard not to laugh- notable moments are the infamous flower shop scene and possibly the greatest quote of all time. It's baffling on how it was even made, but what's more confusing is how watchable and how much fun it is. Please, do everything you can to see this movie.

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:25 am

Blade runner 2049
As someone who loves blade runner I had a high expectations for this movie, I can say it truely went above what I expected. It captures the tone and themes of the first movie but is completely fresh in its own way. It is also the most visually stunning movie I've seen all year. I honestly cannot think of a bad word to say about this film, I don't like to give spoilers or plots synopsis so I'll leave it here and say it blew me away and lived up to the reputation of the original blade runner.
(Note you will need to see the final cut of the oirginal to see this)

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:33 am

TheDuke wrote:
(Note you will need to see the final cut of the oirginal to see this)

See I disagree, you can go onto Wikipedia and read the summarized version of the plot beforehand. Let's face it Blade Runner was a visionary masterpiece for its time, plot-wise it is hardly an in-depth mind-boggling sci-fi.

However having seen the new Blade Runner 2049, again a great descent into the world which is visually stunning but for me again the plot was thin, to revisit this universe 30 years later for dare I say it:
Spoiler: show
A version of Long Lost Family set in 2049!

was kinda unrequired. Don't get me wrong I loved watching it in IMAX for the visuals, for the story-telling, however, will it go down as a sci-fi classic? Nah. 5/10 from me.

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:19 am

I disagree I fully believe it is a future classic. Its been a long time since we've had proper hard sci-fi in cinemas

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Colossal - 8.10

I was skeptical about this film, as usually Anne Hathaway does some good films, but this seemed so not her. But it turns out she is perfect as the lead and the fact she controls a giant monster is just as bonkers as it sounds, but its actually not that bad. It has some proper lol moments. Its an all round good film.
Even the good can fall from grace

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Get Out- 9/10

Wow. Wanted to see this for a while, finally got round to it yesterday evening. It's hard to explain- it's really creepy, and reminded me of The Shining as it made me feel nervous for seemingly no reason. It gets a bit crazy towards the end, but with the fantastic acting and symbolism it's easily forgiven.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:25 pm

Lego Ninjago Movie - 6/10

This is highly frustrating to state but after my long hiatus of not seeing any films, I'm awfully annoyed to say the Lego Ninjago Movie was a massive disappointment. I knew from the trailers it was by far the worst Lego movie but they never prepared me for what I saw. The positives included some quite well done emotional sections and some good fighting scenes. However, lots of things weren't made out of Lego, the humour was dreadful and there was the obsession of trying to be cool and creative, with things that ended up looking rather bizarre. Honestly, the movie at times felt like it was trying too hard, trying too desperately to be funny, engaging and interesting. These were often the moments where the audience looked confused and if anything, were some of the least enjoyable moments. When the movie decided to perhaps do something a bit different, which was the thing that made the franchaise of films so enjoyable for me, the film became a decent entry to the universe. Don't get me wrong. The movie was alright but I'm in no rush to go back to see it again!

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Captain Underpants Movie: 8/10

I watched this with my little sister recently, and I was actually in stitches many times! Lots of good humour and a nice, enjoyable film for all of the family :)