UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Last Film You Watched and Your Rating

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:45 pm

It - 6/10

Solid film, great losers club actors for part I and loved what Bill did for Pennywise. The two stand-out scenes for Pennywise imo was the projection scene & when he confronts Eddie in the house, bringing horror, comedy & mocking him. Scare wise there really wasn't anything there that stood out unless you genuinely have a fear of clowns. There was a deleted scene which involves a bit of the origin of the Pennywise character before he became "Pennywise" which unfortunately didn't make it into the movie, however, for those who don't know the story its easy to figure out he preys on their fears.

Mother - 7/10

To fully appreciate this movie you have to watch it then delve into the mind of Darren Aronofsky and read its underlying meaning and what each character represents, then & only then will you go 'Ooooooh that makes sense!' and that the concept is actually quite brilliant. It's a movie which leaves you scratching your head and at one point in disbelief at what you are seeing on screen (some people walked out of the movie). Worth a watch if you can appreciate the fact some movies have more depth to them that you may not fully understand it on the first viewing.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:38 am

Kingsman: The Golden Circle - 4/10

Not so golden the second time around. When all you do for a sequel is introduce an American sister spy organization because you wipe out the British equivalent but keep a sole antagonist set on inflicting damage on a worldwide scale, have the same over the top CGI action fest then it becomes a simple rehash of the first. Samuel L. Jackson made a far superior funnier antagonist than Juliane Moore & her CGI pets.

The only positives from this movie was Elton John & the pugs / whatever terrier Harry's dog is.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:27 pm

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Thank god for Elton John.

This film is not a bad film - however it’s not good either. The film seemed to kill characters off as soon as they’d finished those plot point (even some built up through the entire first film). The film had so many weirdly focused scenes that were so distracting and some of the CGI used is really questionable.

That being said I actually loved Julianne Moore’s villain - moreso than Samuel L Jackson’s. The way she managed to do some really disgusting things whilst keeping the eerie character is fantastic. Shame about what happens with that character, eh.

I give Kingsman 2 4/10 and my one word of it is “Disappointing”.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:53 am

I watched this one a while back but it's constantly on my mind.

The Room
I'm not entirely sure where to begin with this movie. It's absolutely awful... but that's why it's so good. Everything about this film is wrong- the cinematography isn't great, the dialogue is freakishly unnatural, plot points are brought up and never talked about again... yet because of all that, it's perfect. Some scenes are so awkward and cringey that it's hard not to laugh- notable moments are the infamous flower shop scene and possibly the greatest quote of all time. It's baffling on how it was even made, but what's more confusing is how watchable and how much fun it is. Please, do everything you can to see this movie.

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:25 am

Blade runner 2049
As someone who loves blade runner I had a high expectations for this movie, I can say it truely went above what I expected. It captures the tone and themes of the first movie but is completely fresh in its own way. It is also the most visually stunning movie I've seen all year. I honestly cannot think of a bad word to say about this film, I don't like to give spoilers or plots synopsis so I'll leave it here and say it blew me away and lived up to the reputation of the original blade runner.
(Note you will need to see the final cut of the oirginal to see this)

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:33 am

TheDuke wrote:
(Note you will need to see the final cut of the oirginal to see this)

See I disagree, you can go onto Wikipedia and read the summarized version of the plot beforehand. Let's face it Blade Runner was a visionary masterpiece for its time, plot-wise it is hardly an in-depth mind-boggling sci-fi.

However having seen the new Blade Runner 2049, again a great descent into the world which is visually stunning but for me again the plot was thin, to revisit this universe 30 years later for dare I say it:
Spoiler: show
A version of Long Lost Family set in 2049!

was kinda unrequired. Don't get me wrong I loved watching it in IMAX for the visuals, for the story-telling, however, will it go down as a sci-fi classic? Nah. 5/10 from me.

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:19 am

I disagree I fully believe it is a future classic. Its been a long time since we've had proper hard sci-fi in cinemas

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Colossal - 8.10

I was skeptical about this film, as usually Anne Hathaway does some good films, but this seemed so not her. But it turns out she is perfect as the lead and the fact she controls a giant monster is just as bonkers as it sounds, but its actually not that bad. It has some proper lol moments. Its an all round good film.
Even the good can fall from grace

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Get Out- 9/10

Wow. Wanted to see this for a while, finally got round to it yesterday evening. It's hard to explain- it's really creepy, and reminded me of The Shining as it made me feel nervous for seemingly no reason. It gets a bit crazy towards the end, but with the fantastic acting and symbolism it's easily forgiven.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:25 pm

Lego Ninjago Movie - 6/10

This is highly frustrating to state but after my long hiatus of not seeing any films, I'm awfully annoyed to say the Lego Ninjago Movie was a massive disappointment. I knew from the trailers it was by far the worst Lego movie but they never prepared me for what I saw. The positives included some quite well done emotional sections and some good fighting scenes. However, lots of things weren't made out of Lego, the humour was dreadful and there was the obsession of trying to be cool and creative, with things that ended up looking rather bizarre. Honestly, the movie at times felt like it was trying too hard, trying too desperately to be funny, engaging and interesting. These were often the moments where the audience looked confused and if anything, were some of the least enjoyable moments. When the movie decided to perhaps do something a bit different, which was the thing that made the franchaise of films so enjoyable for me, the film became a decent entry to the universe. Don't get me wrong. The movie was alright but I'm in no rush to go back to see it again!

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Captain Underpants Movie: 8/10

I watched this with my little sister recently, and I was actually in stitches many times! Lots of good humour and a nice, enjoyable film for all of the family :)

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:29 am

Thor: Ragnarok - 6.5/10

The best Thor movie so far. This one has an entirely different feel to it to its predecessors, it's colorful and it is intended as a comedy as the jokes simply run throughout among every character, to a point a little too much comedy. The only way to describe this entry against the backdrop of films in the Marvel catalog is to put it right there alongside the first Guardians of the Galaxy.

The actual story-line is forgettable and is actually quite a new story in terms of comics, the best bits in it for me were the great cast, the Asgard play scene, the cameo by Stan Lee is probably one of my favs.

And a little shout out to Cate Blanchett, she is a beautiful woman but my god in this her eye makeup, hair being black and that costume really show her off. And of course that voice. One could say I'm smitten rn lol feel a teenager again having celeb crushes. 

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Happy Death Day - 6/10

Erm, well firstly it's more of a comedy than horror... Only 1 jump scare, if that (and I'm VERY easily scared). A decent plot, but basically a Halloweeny remake of Groundhog Day. The characters were decent, and the humour used was actually very funny and made me more laugh than 'anticipate' scares coming. Cinema was very very empty for a Friday evening showing, wouldn't really recommend you saw in the cinema, but once it's out on Netflix or DVD,  be sure to give it a watch! Love the baby mask, however, and will be a great mask for future Halloween costumes, also, the soundtrack is good as well!
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Thor: Ragnorak - 8/10

So today I saw my first Thor film and it was pretty good. Comedy was alright but nothing compared to GOTG: V2 or Lego Batman Movie. The CGI was, for the majority of the time, very well done but it was never as clever or colourful as GOTG:V2. Acting wise, the star performer, especially at the beginning, was Valkyrie but everyone was still great. I know I've done lots of comparisons to GOTG:V2 but they were quite similar, in style, but Thor just felt like a sub per version of the other film.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:23 pm

Thor: Ragnarok - 7/10

The Thor movies were always the films in the MCU that always were the problem child, an okish first film and a ehhh second entry. However when it was announced that Taika Wititi was going to be behind this entry into the series, I was immediately hyped for the movie and boy did he do it justice.

The film has lots of great humour and action scenes, you can obviously tell that the actors had fun being in the film and the cast is all around great. There are some great easter eggs (including fixing a continuity error involving a certain gauntlet), if you've seen any other of Taika's films you know that it's definitely in his style and that's great.

If I had to give any negatives, it would be not be due to the film itself, but due to others in the cinema with me, they were talking throughout the entire thing and getting up every 10 minutes, making me distracted and loosing focus on the movie, so I need to give it another watch. Also the villain wasn't in it as much as I hoped.

Jigsaw - 6.6/10

I'll just keep this one short but I've not seen many of the Saw movies (4 including this), I know that they are mostly famous for its gore elements. This film doesn't have much of that in it, instead it's a cool murder mystery film, with tense elements, creative traps and interesting backgrounds for the characters in it. I know it kinda messes up the film timeline and some acting is terrible, but it's entertaining and I'm glad I watched it. My second favourite Saw film after the first.

Ra.One - ??/??

So I went to the Bollywood Park the other day and I wondered to myself what one of the attractions original movie was like, considering I watched Krrish and found it hilarious, I sat down with some friends and watched the masterpiece which is Ra.One. It's difficult to explain, a Indian video game company based in London (where everyone speaks Indian), makes a game where the villain comes to life and then the movie producers got their cat and put it on the keyboard and it wrote the rest of the script by standing on random keys. It's a true spaghetti of a movie, nothing makes sense and it's dam hilarious. I've never laughed so much at something trying to be serious, it's a true masterpiece of so bad its good, but makes you confused at the end. Watch this movie, you'll never regret it.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:43 am

The Killing of a Sacred Deer - 8.5/10

This is the second movie of Yorgos Lanthimos that I've seen and for me personally, he is a director/writers work I'll follow very closely from now on. The first movie was The Lobster which was genius, funny, original, whacky. This movie is basically a black revenge comedy. 

It won't be mainstream, commercially successful or entertaining for most but the older I get the more I want from a movie and these are right up my street, fresh.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Murder on the Orient Express - 4.5/10

I guess it was quite funny at some points, because it was so bad. Comedy was abysmal, not at all funny or even amusing. The opening scene was not even cleverly thought of, and felt quite bland. The investigation throughout was quite boring and just very poorly thought out. I knew the ending, but there was still really cringe worthy acting. Some of the CGI looked really fake, and just didn't look right. Anyway, this isn't a very enjoyable film so just wait for last jedi. It will be an amazing film, unlike Murder on the Orient Express.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:50 pm

A Bad Mom's Christmas - 8.75/10

Ho! Ho! Ho! It's that time of year again already! Or maybe they've just released the main 'Christmas batch' early this year due to The Last Jedi being released - and most likely taking the percentage of the Box Office.

But, back to Bad Moms! In my opinion, this movie is on par with the original... Packed from the start to the end with rib-achingly funny moments as well as some proper cringe-worthy scenes, which adds to the festive banter. Using the same actors as the original, the 'moms' get up to lots of festive mischeif, whilst spreading a rather heart warming moral - regarding family at Christmas time. The film even made my mum cry in once scene, whereas I was laughing my head off! One of the jokes that is used about 3 times during the movie made me laugh my head off every single time - despite thinking it'd be overused after it featured in the RED BAND trailer (hence why I'm not going to say what the little girl says). Overall I'd recommend this festive flick to anybody wanting to see a comedy around Christmas Time, and especially if you loved the original or films like Bad Santa! Roll on Bad Moms 3!!
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Justice League - 3.5/10

In my opinion, this movie is a big disappointment. $300 million spent, an ensemble cast as well as two? great directors and it is just an absolute diabolical hash job. The runtime was too short as well as Steppenwolf has got to be the worst CGI antagonist I have ever seen in a major blockbuster movie, it just did not look right at all considering most of the movie is CG. He looked like a bad render of an Elder Scrolls / Rift game character it was extremely off-putting. The two characters who were even remotely interesting in Aquaman / Cyborg I'm assuming will be getting their own movies but still, the brief introduction to them was not enough right now.

The only scene that stood out was Superman's revival where he just pisses on every hero like they are nothing.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Justice League - 4/10

My expectations for the film were met but saying that, they were very low. Acting felt poor, compared to Thor: Ragnorak. The film just had a colour scheme of black, white and red. Villain was bland and boring. The CGI was awful at times. lot of scenes felt like they needed another 5 minutes, while I feel like the film suffered from 2 specific problems. Firstly, it felt very boring in most of the scenes because they were seriously underwhelming and lacking. The emotional scenes felt half done, while the fighting felt unimaginative and felt very samey after every fight. Secondly, the powers either felt all the same or useless. To further this, when virtually all the characters are very 'strong', it makes everything feel forced and unecessary.
Superman was very cringey, lazy and cheesy.