UK theme parks from another point of view!

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Last Film You Watched and Your Rating

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:00 pm

Tomb Raider: 6/10

It was okay. I love the games, so found it an enjoyable watch, but the plot is rather thin and probably wouldn't appeal to masses.

Ready Player One: 9/10

Loved this. Had the chance to see it two weeks early, and saw it again today in IMAX. Such a geekfest of a film and is littered head to toe with easter eggs. One of my favourite films of the year so far.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Here are a few movies I've seen recently, I'll be short and snappy. 

Black Panther - 10/10

The best Marvel film IMO. Great action scenes and effects as well as an incredible soundtrack put together by The Weeknd and Kendrick Lamar. 

The Shape Of Water - 10/10

Again, a stunning film - both visually and auditorily. Worthy of all the awards and nominations. Definitely a must see! 

A Quiet Place - 8/10

Top notch horror flick. A very original story packed with lots of genuine scares, which got me multiple times! Up there with one of the better modern horrors. 

Truth Or Dare - 6.5/10

A mediocre BlumHouse production, more of a Thriller than a Horror, however,  definitely better than Octobers' 'Happy Death Day' - I wouldn't rush to see it again.

Adding to that should be seeing Avengers: Infinity War this week, and I'm very excited about it! 

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:11 am

Avengers: Infinity War - 9/10

I'm not saying anything as you need to see this film. It's 10 years worth of building leading to this moment. Go see it
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Nutty Man
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Avengers infinity war: 6/10
It was alright. As DeadJack5 said above everything has been building up to this point so it's worth watching.
WARNING: The below spoiler contains the ending.
Spoiler: show
I didn't particular like the ending, as Groot,
Spider-Man and Black Panther die, but I did some research and found that the ending was (in the comics) only half way through the first comic, and there was 6/7 comics. Also Spider-Man has a new film coming out so he has to come back!
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Deadpool 2 - 8/10

Not as good as the original, but still a solid movie. It's packed with many action and kill scenes, as well as probably the only film I've ever seen where there has been a mass murder done to 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton :lol The X-Men easter eggs are also a nice touch. The jokes throughout I thought were very well done, and some of which had me crying tears of laughter, especially one regarding Green Lantern, and 'Brown Panther' as well as "X Force" and many many others :lol It's also worth pointing out, watch the credits!! There are a few 'extra' scenes scattered throughout it, one of which absolutely hilarious! If you're into comedy films or just a superhero fan I'd recommend this film! Finally, the cinema was fully booked (which I felt was kinda surprising, considering it was an 8.40pm showing on a Sunday night), which I suppose is looking quite good for the film industry :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed May 23, 2018 12:12 pm

The Commuter - 7.5/10

Its actually rather good. Liam Neeson is an actor who when he gets it right, he gets it right. Plus Vera Famiga plays the baddie role so well, not just in this, but in general. Its worth a watch if you have nothing else to do.

The Post - 7/10

A good film about The Washington Post. It has two wonderful leads in Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks too.
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu May 24, 2018 6:56 pm

Elvis and Nixon - 7/10

Not my choice, or an Elvis fan, but I must say that I enjoyed it!
Based on a true story, the film is funny and easy to watch. Worth checking out if you're ever at a loose end!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 31, 2018 11:58 am

Captain America: Civil War - 7/10
Of course, the airport scene is great but I just don't think think the film is as spectacular as people made it out to be. The villain either needed to be removed or made a bigger part because although the ideas were great, the villain was forgotten about for a lot of the film.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier-7/10
I do quite enjoy the tone in the film but felt a bit too typical and generic.

Deadpool - 6/10
Nowhere near as good made it out to be. Sure it was still better than most DC films but just wasn't that funny or exciting.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 31, 2018 8:54 pm

ThemeCrafter264 wrote:
Deadpool - 6/10
Nowhere near as good made it out to be. Sure it was still better than most DC films but just wasn't that funny or exciting.

The actual promotional marketing of Deadpool 1 & 2 were far superior than the actual movies, this is pretty much factual. Whoever worked on the marketing material / ideas for them both did an amazing job. The writers of the movies not so much.

Tomb Raider - 5/10 - ngl the only reason I watched this was because of Alicia, the movie is more grounded than past instalments which made it boring to be frank.
Doctor Detroit (1983) - 6/10 - Dan Aykroyd pretending to be a badass pimp what's not to like.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:24 pm

A Quiet Place - 8/10

Solid modern horror with a great cast. The suspense built with the music and lack of any serious dialogue is awesome, and something I was weary of at first. The monster/alien was a great bit of CGI, although very similar to other classics.

I hear a sequel is in the works and look forward to seeing where they take the narrative. :)

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 8/10

A big fan of this franchise so I had to see it on opening night in 4DX!

Overall I thought it was another excellent addition, with a refreshing storyline and superb acting for the whole cast. The new director absolutely mastered the suspense and horror in the film, and 4DX complemented beautifully. :)

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:42 pm

Jurassic World - 5/10

Jurassic Park focuses on the park on Isla Nublar which goes wrong, Jurassic World focuses on the park on Isla Nublar which goes wrong.
Jurassic Park: The Lost World dinosaurs are hunted, tranquillised & transported to the mainland, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom dinosaurs are hunted, tranquillised & transported to the mainland.

While its for a new generation I didn't expect it to pretty much an updated rehash of the old movies with a bit more action and sfx, it doesn't offer enough variety for it to be a mere mediocre movie for me.

You have the cameo's which I do love, you have complimentary raptor toe tapping & cinematic T-Rex roar as we've become accustomed to in every single entry of the franchise now. You have the heroes, the kids who don't listen & the deceitful corporations intent on using them as weapons as per almost most of these entries.

It seems with every new entry we have to have another genetically modified dinosaur and tbf it's getting quite bland now. Unpopular opinion but as much as people love these movies can they please go extinct already just like the dinosaurs, I was dragged to watch this one and I didn't enjoy it lol.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:56 am

Hereditary - 8/10

Go into this movie with expectations low, if you jump on the hype train you'll probably feel let down. This is not a jump scare movie & is simply a psychological horror so bear that in mind before judging it as "not scary" if you plan to see it. 

It is a slow burner so it'll build up telling the story of the family relationships & grief from loss while having clues throughout showing you where the third act is heading. It does create atmosphere well & at times I was unnerved which I assume was their intention instead of the traditional jump scare people are accustomed to when they go to watch a movie labelled under the horror genre.

For those who wish to have a brief overview of the movie and what happens check the spoiler tag below:

So basically this movie is about a cult & the summoning of King Paimon who is one of the kings of Hell. Paimon needs a male host but it seems during the movie his spirit moves between the grandmother (who is the cult leader), when she dies he goes into Charlie the odd girl, she is killed when her brother swerves in the road and she has her head out the car getting air is decapitated by a telephone pole. The spirit then moves into the mother & when she dies (kills herself) the spirit finally moves into the son and the ritual I guess is complete.

You may ask why doesn't Paimon just go straight into the son, well the symbol of Paimon as seen throughout the entire movie is 3 bodies with heads missing or something and that's what happens.

The grandmother dies & is buried but is dug up, decapitated & placed within the house.
The daughter is killed and decapitated.
The mother is possessed & decapitates herself.
The father is burned alive, his body is too old to be a vessel so that's np.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:11 am

Insidious: The Last Key - 6/10

I’ll be honest, I’m not a massive fan of the Insidious films. I’m a bit of a wuss when it comes to films like this, give me a SAW film anyday!

However, having watched the previous three films, we thought we would watch the latest instalment.

It started off strong with a few decent jump scares but about a third of the way through, they just kind of stopped, and the film meandered its way to the end.

The plot itself was quite clever, but also quite predictable, as we called what was going to happen about half an hour before it actually did.

All in all, it’s worth a watch if you’re a fan of the Insidious franchise, but I wouldn’t rush to watch it again.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Atomic Blonde - 7/10

Based in the 1980's, a few days before the fall of the Berlin Wall, Atomic Blonde is an action-packed spy film. It tries to be a cult film, but fails as the storyline does not develop quick enough for me. It also has too many layers, making the plot overcomplicated and incomplete in places. 

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Infinity War - 9/10

Best Marvel film (don't think I really need to say anymore and for the record, I was aware of some spoilers before watching)

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:48 am

Hereditary - 2.5/10

Awful film with a broken narrative, that actually had me falling asleep and considering leaving half way through. The trailer makes this film look so promising, but just like A24’s other recent horrors, it’s a huge let down and completely overrated.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:43 am

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 6.5/10
Cinematography was great but the plot was very poor and unrealistic. None of the characters were at all interesting and never seemed to act in a logical manner at all.

Tag - 5/10
Watching people play 'it' is fun for the first 10 minutes but soon after that, it feels very repetitive and looses momentum. The ending's twist felt really random and the comedy was not that funny.

Solo: A Star Wars Story - 6/10
Main issue with the film is you don't really care about the characters as you know that Solo will be back for the episodes, meaning the film feels a bit boring. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan and honestly this is not as bad as you expect with the all the filming problems during production.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Red Sparrow - 9/10

I really enjoyed this film. Jennifer Lawrence is always a plus in my opinion as I think she is a wonderful actress and she is able to portray a Russian spy very well. It has a very good story and it keeps you guessing right until the end and it has some wonderfully talented actors in the film. 
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Skyscraper - 5.5/10

This film is quite predictable and just goes against logic. A lot of times random things happen for no reason or occur just to allow the plot to continue, despite not at all making sense. The villain and their motivation is rather anticlimactic and boring.